Traded Dylan Shiel [traded with future 2nd to Essendon for #9 and future 1st round pick]

Where is Dylan Shiel getting traded?

• Carlton

Votes: 182 39.8%
  • Essendon

Votes: 37 8.1%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 146 31.9%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 71 15.5%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bombfire

Club Legend
Sep 19, 2007
Napier St.
AFL Club
Essendon
Reluctantly Shiel chose Essendon.
All true this.

Dyl believes you;

1546509500497.png

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
Don't be like that.
Like every other self respecting Hawthorn supporter caught up in the Shiel knocked back your club saga, just head over to your own club's website.
It's all vetted and sanctioned by your club about how the Hawks missed out.
I'll make it easy for you, just click the link below and mull over the deal that got away.

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/2018-10-10/trade-talk-hawks-change-of-plans

The salient snippets being;

9/10/2018: Dylan Shiel picks Essendon
And while the Bombers beat the Blues, the Hawks and the Saints in the race for his signature, they did so with the lowest contract offer of the four clubs.

10/10/2018: Hawthorn stunned into action
Hawthorn's failure to land Dylan Shiel could intensify the speculation over the future of Port Adelaide star Chad Wingard, who remains a possibility to move to Victoria.
Reports on Channel Seven on Tuesday night indicated Wingard was likely request a trade to the Hawks imminently, with the Western Bulldogs also keen on his signature.

17/10/2018: Hawthorn move to sign Wingerz -8 days after Shiel gave them the bad news

...after a meeting with four-time Hawthorn premiership coach Alastair Clarkson, and conversations with ex-teammate Jarman Impey, veteran Hawk Shaun Burgoyne and retired star Cyril Rioli, Wingard made his decision.
No.

This cant be correct.

Fake news

TallyHawk

Premiership Player
Jun 12, 2010
Bunbartha
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester City FC
Don't be like that.
Like every other self respecting Hawthorn supporter caught up in the Shiel knocked back your club saga, just head over to your own club's website.
It's all vetted and sanctioned by your club about how the Hawks missed out.
I'll make it easy for you, just click the link below and mull over the deal that got away.

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/2018-10-10/trade-talk-hawks-change-of-plans

The salient snippets being;

9/10/2018: Dylan Shiel picks Essendon
And while the Bombers beat the Blues, the Hawks and the Saints in the race for his signature, they did so with the lowest contract offer of the four clubs.

10/10/2018: Hawthorn stunned into action
Hawthorn's failure to land Dylan Shiel could intensify the speculation over the future of Port Adelaide star Chad Wingard, who remains a possibility to move to Victoria.
Reports on Channel Seven on Tuesday night indicated Wingard was likely request a trade to the Hawks imminently, with the Western Bulldogs also keen on his signature.

17/10/2018: Hawthorn move to sign Wingerz -8 days after Shiel gave them the bad news

...after a meeting with four-time Hawthorn premiership coach Alastair Clarkson, and conversations with ex-teammate Jarman Impey, veteran Hawk Shaun Burgoyne and retired star Cyril Rioli, Wingard made his decision.

It's not uncommon for Hawthorn to re-post AFL articles on its page, in this instance it's a trade week wrap up full of rumors and innuendo, nice reach though.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hawthorn will accommodate those desperate enough for a small win. Far out - getting Shiel is big for Essendon. Let them be happy - I’m happy for them if I’m honest. Shiel will be great for them. Still feel a bit sorry for him but chin up I say

blitzer

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 27, 2006
House
AFL Club
Essendon
Shiel very fortunate to have 4 teams all desperate to get him but ultimately he made the right choice. We are thrilled to have him.
Good on Hawks for bouncing back with their second preferred player in Wingard. He should be able to replace Puopolo.

Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Shiel very fortunate to have 4 teams all desperate to get him but ultimately he made the right choice. We are thrilled to have him.
Good on Hawks for bouncing back with their second preferred player in Wingard. He should be able to replace Puopolo.
Don’t do the patronising faux well wishing - that’s my thing

Anyway - Shiel is a good little battler and should improve Essendon who, if they keep fighting away, might make finals this year

Bombfire

Club Legend
Sep 19, 2007
Napier St.
AFL Club
Essendon
Hawthorn will accommodate those desperate enough for a small win. Far out - getting Shiel is big for Essendon. Let them be happy - I’m happy for them if I’m honest. Shiel will be great for them. Still feel a bit sorry for him but chin up I say
Hey 36- don’t feel sorry for Dyls in the slightest.
It’s Chadders you should be concerned about after he was thrown out of PA.
He’s heartbroken.

Jun 6, 2011
Goonellebah
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Islanders
Essendon look like they are feeling the effects of a brutal pre-season. I don't think I have ever seen a time play "tired" in round 1 and 2. It is bizarre.

Hopefully they can fix whatever is going on- and climb up the ladder. Their fans deserve a lot more than what they have suffered through the last 15 years. :thumbsu:

Back