Traded Dylan Shiel [traded with future 2nd to Essendon for #9 and future 1st round pick]

Where is Dylan Shiel getting traded?

• Carlton

Votes: 182 39.8%
  • Essendon

Votes: 37 8.1%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 146 31.9%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 71 15.5%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Just want to get this straight, because I've asked on a number of occasions for the "real story" behind Kelly staying that you seem to know Snake_Baker and you have never properly answered. And you seem to be the man in the know with all of these things.

Are you saying that Kelly was set to come to North, but his manager Paul Connors conned him into staying, and now Kelly is pissed off at Connors, and is going to give him the flick?

GWS are in a premiership window and Shiel is contracted for another 12 months, no club would be giving up a key asset whilst in the hunt for a flag. The worst case scenario for GWS is he walks as a free agent in 2019, in which GWS get band 1 comp so lets call it pick 15-18. No club is giving up much more than that this year knowing they can get him for nothing the following year. It makes zero sense that this still has legs in the media.

GWS are in a premiership window and Shiel is contracted for another 12 months, no club would be giving up a key asset whilst in the hunt for a flag. The worst case scenario for GWS is he walks as a free agent in 2019, in which GWS get band 1 comp so lets call it pick 15-18. No club is giving up much more than that this year knowing they can get him for nothing the following year. It makes zero sense that this still has legs in the media.
not even pick 1?

Um, if GWS can snaffle pick 1 for him this year, rather than losing him for say pick 15 next year, then it makes perfect sense....Especially if they have an eye on Lukosius….Next year's draft doesn't have a player of this years Top 5 quality on offer thus far.

you do have cap space issues, you could fix them a year early

you do have cap space issues, you could fix them a year early
I don't think our cap situation is that bad to be honest. We have strategically shed players over time, while holding onto the ones we want to keep. Other than perhaps Nathan Wilson, I can't think of anybody that we have lost, that we were desperate to keep. I think Campbell and Cameron (Craig, although obviously Leon would have some input) have done an excellent job in planning for the impending cap crunch, but phasing players out over time and bringing in local kids for the majority of our rookie and late ND spots.

Um, if GWS can snaffle pick 1 for him this year, rather than losing him for say pick 15 next year, then it makes perfect sense....Especially if they have an eye on Lukosius….Next year's draft doesn't have a player of this years Top 5 quality on offer thus far.

Lukosious is not going to help them win a flag in 2019, GWS have shown this year that they dont have the depth previously thought, and its not like Shiel has been giving off signs he is desperate to leave.

The only thing that could possibly make any sense for GWS would be if they could secure a ruckmen that will help them win next year, but I would think they should be able to do that without giving up Shiel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lukosious is not going to help them win a flag in 2019, GWS have shown this year that they dont have the depth previously thought, and its not like Shiel has been giving off signs he is desperate to leave.

The only thing that could possibly make any sense for GWS would be if they could secure a ruckmen that will help them win next year, but I would think they should be able to do that without giving up Shiel.

I'd say the opposite. We have played Lloyd, Bonar, Daniels, Simpson, Reid, De Boer, Finlayson (who was in All-Australian form before he got injured), Cumming and Himmelberg at various points throughout the year- and none of which have performed poorly. Several (Daniels, Himmelberg and Dawson Simpson) have forced their way into our best 22. I'd say Lachie Keefe is our only depth player who has performed poorly and I wouldn't be comfortable with seeing in the team come the finals.

Our depth has been tested enormously this year and we have come out of it really well.

All good we'll help you out, Dylan Shiel for Stefan Martin.;)

Just want to get this straight, because I've asked on a number of occasions for the "real story" behind Kelly staying that you seem to know Snake_Baker and you have never properly answered. And you seem to be the man in the know with all of these things.

Are you saying that Kelly was set to come to North, but his manager Paul Connors conned him into staying, and now Kelly is pissed off at Connors, and is going to give him the flick?

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. It is rumored.
4. This is my own hypothetical

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. It is rumored.
4. This is my own hypothetical
Thank you.

On point three, have you got any evidence of this, or anybody else that shares this information, other than you and Groin guru ?

Any implications for Connor's registration as a player manager if he has conned his client into something against his wishes?

Appreciate the info from you, as you always seem to be the man in the know.

The point remains that he was seeking a return only a couple of years ago, at the same time as Treloar…..GWS may be looking to cash in on what could well be his inevitable exit next year.....And if, as you say, it's a Ruckman they are after, then one of the King boys would surely fit that category just as well.

Mumford's don't just grow on trees.

This will be the first draft in their history where they aren't in possession of high-end first round picks; & nor do they have any Academy stars this year to gain a leg-up from.

The point remains that he was seeking a return only a couple of years ago, at the same time as Treloar…..GWS may be looking to cash in on what could well be his inevitable exit next year.....And if, as you say, it's a Ruckman they are after, then one of the King boys would surely fit that category just as well.

Mumford's don't just grow on trees.

This will be the first draft in their history where they aren't in possession of high-end first round picks; & nor do they have any Academy stars this year to gain a leg-up from.

Any evidence of this?

From memory, he re-signed in about June until the end of 2017 and then again, in April of 2017 he signed another extension until the end of 2019.

Thank you.

On point three, have you got any evidence of this, or anybody else that shares this information, other than you and Groin guru ?

Any implications for Connor's registration as a player manager if he has conned his client into something against his wishes?

1. Yes
2. I can't see how or why

Back