Analysis Dynasty

Remove this Banner Ad

We have the best performing team atm. So what if other teams work us out? Our dynasty could be short.

I hope that a simple hard to replicate and hard to stop approach = long term success. Given fitness to key players we should be there or thereabouts this year. After that, who knows.

If GWS learns to play ugly winning football they'll be the dynasty. Long may they continue playing pretty perfect football.
Meh, our footy is better to watch than theirs.
The way we link up is a lot more appeasing to the eye than to watch GWS.
They're far from pretty perfect football imo.

Meh, our footy is better to watch than theirs.
The way we link up is a lot more appeasing to the eye than to watch GWS.
They're far from pretty perfect football imo.

Know what you are saying.

What I mean is that the way they play is based on clean football, moving quickly among their players through hitting targets.

Conversely we use the grass a lot. We tap on and play contested ball all the time. They aim to win the contested ball then move it cleanly to kick goals.

in finals quite often enough pressure is applied that you can't play that clean 'pretty' 'perfect' football. You have to play that contested 'ugly' football to get it where you want it. That's our back yard and for them it's a foreign place.

Know what you are saying.

What I mean is that the way they play is based on clean football, moving quickly among their players through hitting targets.

Conversely we use the grass a lot. We tap on and play contested ball all the time. They aim to win the contested ball then move it cleanly to kick goals.

in finals quite often enough pressure is applied that you can't play that clean 'pretty' 'perfect' football. You have to play that contested 'ugly' football to get it where you want it. That's our back yard and for them it's a foreign place.
I think dominant era Geelong was pretty, perfect footy (don't tell their supporters). Don't feel the same when I see GWS play tbh. On paper looking at the names that's what you'd expect to see though.

We have the best performing team atm. So what if other teams work us out? Our dynasty could be short.

I hope that a simple hard to replicate and hard to stop approach = long term success. Given fitness to key players we should be there or thereabouts this year. After that, who knows.

If GWS learns to play ugly winning football they'll be the dynasty. Long may they continue playing pretty perfect football.
Why , what’s with gws , they don’t have a superior team to us, they’ve lost their depth , who any good is currently out of their side , forget them , their chance has come and gone with their record at the mcg , incapable of winning a flag

I worry about the trend towards big midfielders. I'd like to see us giving some centre bounce opportunities to Caddy, KMac and Townsend. Against Kennedy, Fyfe etc. we may need a solution other than "give it to Dusty".

We are Michael Jackson off the Wall right now.

We haven’t even released thriller yet, and even bad, dangerous and history broke all kinds of crazy records, I predict a 15 year period with about 5 premierships in there.

1908-1919 - 0
1920-1943 - 5
1943-1966 - 0
1967-1982 - 5
1983-2016 - 0
2017-2032 - 5

The math doesn’t lie

We haven’t even released thriller yet, and even bad, dangerous and history broke all kinds of crazy records, I predict a 15 year period with about 5 premierships in there.

1908-1919 - 0
1920-1943 - 5
1943-1966 - 0
1967-1982 - 5
1983-2016 - 0
2017-2032 - 5

The math doesn’t lie
giphy (4).gif

Why , what’s with gws , they don’t have a superior team to us, they’ve lost their depth , who any good is currently out of their side , forget them , their chance has come and gone with their record at the mcg , incapable of winning a flag
The depth thing is a good point and something we should learn from.
It wasn't so long ago we were talking about how many first round picks they had in their seconds and now it's like they've withered on the vine.

Is this our next one? Our current one??

The Tigers that were around in the golden years, does this have the same feel? Can we go back to back?

Can this team be mentioned in the same breath as Brisbane, Geelong and Hawthorn at their peaks??

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
DYN__title.JPG

Attachments

• upload_2018-4-29_8-9-40.jpeg
    upload_2018-4-29_8-9-40.jpeg
    10.4 KB · Views: 5

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1908-1919 - 0
1920-1943 - 5
1943-1966 - 0
1967-1982 - 5
1983-2016 - 0
2017-2032 - 5

The math doesn’t lie
You can smell the fear

1908-1919 - 0
1920-1943 - 5
1943-1966 - 0
1967-1982 - 5
1983-2016 - 0
2017-2032 - 5

The math doesn’t lie

Which freaks me out. They've got too much talent to be like they are. If they could play a nasty messy game they'd be awesome. But right now they are becoming mediocre. I wouldn't mind them winning a premiership, but not in a year we're good.

So please stay ordinary Giants. :praying:

I think dominant era Geelong was pretty, perfect footy (don't tell their supporters). Don't feel the same when I see GWS play tbh. On paper looking at the names that's what you'd expect to see though.

On Geelong. Yes, but also tough and when it got ugly they got even uglier. When it gets ugly GWS just stay pretty, and then lose. :p

Which freaks me out. They've got too much talent to be like they are. If they could play a nasty messy game they'd be awesome. But right now they are becoming mediocre. I wouldn't mind them winning a premiership, but not in a year we're good.

I don’t think they’re anywhere near as good as you think they are, form in Melbourne is compelling evidence

We broke them in the prelim

I don’t think they’re anywhere near as good as you think they are, form in Melbourne is compelling evidence

Yes/No

I think they have the talent. But perhaps because they are stacked with top end players they just can't do anything other than clean, skilled footy. Their Kryptonite is to make it a scrap. If you can apply enough pressure for long enough they are well beatable. When it gets messy they don't seem to adapt.

So, Yes you are right. As of now they are not that good. But No; they have the potential to be that good if they can learn to be other than purist footballers.

We are the opposite of purist football. And no one could handle the heat. Teams will adapt over time. I just hope that GWS find it hard to adjust.

We broke them in the prelim

See my other reply.

When they can't play that smooth clean football they struggle. That's our game. Take away the other teams ability to play it clean and we thrive in the messy chaos that ensues. Love it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back