Recommitted Dyson Heppell [re-signed for 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

I would be very surprised if he left Essendon he seems like Bombers man.
Plus he is captain atm.

I would be amazed if he stayed.

Lived through the drug debarcle. Now years later the club has imploded again. Massive question marks over thelack of leadership at the club he has been captain at for how many years?

Dons wont play finals and he will only get 1 year deals.

Smart move taking a2 or 3 year deal at the Suns who are over flowing with young talent and on the edge of the top 8 and improving.

Get away from fish bowl Melbourne and enjoy the last three years of your AFL career in sunny QLD. A no brainer for mine.

I would be amazed if he stayed.

Lived through the drug debarcle. Now years later the club has imploded again. Massive question marks over thelack of leadership at the club he has been captain at for how many years?

Dons wont play finals and he will only get 1 year deals.

Smart move taking a2 or 3 year deal at the Suns who are over flowing with young talent and on the edge of the top 8 and improving.

Get away from fish bowl Melbourne and enjoy the last three years of your AFL career in sunny QLD. A no brainer for mine.
Yeah. We'll likely move on from him as captain too. So good break for all involved.

The idea that Heppell could go to Suns and "do a Hodge" is a bit silly.

Heppell couldnt tie Hodge's shoe laces.

Dont think Heppell even gets a game at the Suns.

Heppell very lucky Bombers have offered him a year. He's crazy if he doesnt take it. Might get pulled.

When the prospect of him leaving was raised I thought the same… but here we are, he’s got an offer from the Suns.

i dont watch many bomber games, has he been that bad? what happened to this guy.

They moved him to half back and it was a complete disaster - his disposal is poor and he was getting shown up defensively by guys with speed. He’d have been dropped if he wasn’t captain.

They then moved him to the wing mid season and he was pretty serviceable. His endurance is reasonable and he’s smart enough, but he’s slow and his disposal lets him down.

I could cop him hanging around but no way would I offer him more than a year, he’s close to the end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wrecked his body playing inside mid. Not a good enough kick to play HBF in the modern game - especially with an amateur team defence like the Bombers have.

I think it’s more his lack of ability to defend given he’s lost what little speed he had.

His disposal was very good in 2021 and he reads the play excellently. The problem is he’s not dynamic enough to justify having him play on the opposition’s worst forward or as a 7th defender.

The idea that Heppell could go to Suns and "do a Hodge" is a bit silly.

Heppell couldnt tie Hodge's shoe laces.

Dont think Heppell even gets a game at the Suns.

Heppell very lucky Bombers have offered him a year. He's crazy if he doesnt take it. Might get pulled.

yes lol. excellent post.

I am sure the suns are offering Hepp a multi year contract with the intent to not actually play him at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back