Recommitted Dyson Heppell [re-signed for 2023]

freddy mercury

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2009
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Jacksonville
Feel for Dyson, when I supported Essendon he was probably my favourite player. Everytime I catch an Essendon game, he looks so slow and out of his depth, he's never had the speed but he always got by, the games past him.

If it's true, it's just a guess, unless somebody has been told by the club itself, I'd take it if I were him.

Foxx

Premiership Player
Jul 18, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
He's in good form. Getting plenty of it, using it well. Very dependable down back this year.

I truly do not understand how anyone cant see that.
Oh I get it, he's the whipping boy.

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
He's in good form. Getting plenty of it, using it well. Very dependable down back this year.

I truly do not understand how anyone cant see that.
Oh I get it, he's the whipping boy.
Ess offer of 1 year on a reduce salary. It’s not the posters on here making him a whipping boy. The club is.

Have the suns learnt nothing from atkins?
It's 2 playing + 2 coaching rather than 4 straight up so it's not an Atkins-tier disaster plus at least Heppell seems a good leader.

Still don't think I would even offer him that though.

Ess offer of 1 year on a reduce salary. It’s not the posters on here making him a whipping boy. The club is.
He's been a whipping boy for a couple of years now, well before that contract offer 😝 Simultaneously our best leader by a large margin, and somewhere around 15-18th best player on the field, plays positions that are easily replaced with plenty of depth, that are arguably better at the role than he is at least some of the time. He's also one of the oldest players on our list, which makes him a target for the 'play da kidz' brigade (although we don't have that many older players, so on another club's list he wouldn't be quite so close to being the oldest bloke on the list).

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
He's been a whipping boy for a couple of years now, well before that contract offer 😝 Simultaneously our best leader by a large margin, and somewhere around 15-18th best player on the field, plays positions that are easily replaced with plenty of depth, that are arguably better at the role than he is at least some of the time. He's also one of the oldest players on our list, which makes him a target for the 'play da kidz' brigade (although we don't have that many older players, so on another club's list he wouldn't be quite so close to being the oldest bloke on the list).
We are in the exact same boat with JZ.

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Trepidation around this, however, Casboult came up in his later years and has performed well so who knows. With Weller and Budarick pretty much out of action until late next year, there is hole at HB as Dew doesn't seem to trust Markov there anymore. So a 2 year playing deal isn't the worst, gives us a bit more experience as well, all comes down to the deal offered.

Libbaaaa

Premiership Player
Jun 1, 2021
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
2 year playing is crazy. Is he that highly rated in terms of his footy smarts as well that you whack on the coaching part of it too? Bizarre.

Back