Draft Profile Dyson Heppell

Remove this Banner Ad

14.13 in the shuttle run (6th), 93% (equal 1st) in the handball skills test.
So it looks like he has the endurance and handball skills to play midfield permanently, added to his superb skills, strength overhead and decision making.
Very complete prospect.

You can really notice his vertical leap when he marks, he's got a great set of hands as well.

14.13 in the shuttle run (6th), 93% (equal 1st) in the handball skills test.
So it looks like he has the endurance and handball skills to play midfield permanently, added to his superb skills, strength overhead and decision making.
Very complete prospect.
Damn, have they done the kicking test?

Also is the kicking test an average of both left and right feet.

If so not sure I'm to bothered about a young guys results as someone can be an absolute gun kick on their preferred yet get by very well if they are just passable on their non preferred.

The tests are pretty speculative with the kicking and handballing ones. The person just calls out a number and which foot to kick with. If they call 4 right and 2 left for instance that would be 4 on his off foot and only 2 on his main etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They still do 15 on each foot. So less speculative than your suggesting....
I'm pretty sure they do 3 on each foot, not 15. Each kick is scored out of 5

The thing is they don't do it at pace. It is a pretty steady drill, you really need to see how they kick with the after burners on and this can only be seen in a game situation.

Does anyone think GC would take Heppell? If the Eagles don't take him hopefully the GC take Gorringe or Lynch.
The GC are probably smart enough to know that if they don't take Gorringe or Lynch at 5, they will still be there at 7. If they want Heppell they will get him

The GC are probably smart enough to know that if they don't take Gorringe or Lynch at 5, they will still be there at 7. If they want Heppell they will get him
Unless the WC take him at pick 4 then they want get him.Or do you think they may pull the trigger earlier?

Unless the WC take him at pick 4 then they want get him.Or do you think they may pull the trigger earlier?
I meant if he was still available at 5 - obviously they can't control who West Coast select. And they wouldn't overlook any of the top 3 who are a class above.

The tests are pretty speculative with the kicking and handballing ones. The person just calls out a number and which foot to kick with. If they call 4 right and 2 left for instance that would be 4 on his off foot and only 2 on his main etc.

No, for the Buckley kicking test the player has to kick 3 on his right and 3 on his left. The person will call, for example "left, middle" meaning kick on your left foot, to the middle cone on the left side. There are three cones on each side; short, middle, and long.

So what did Heppell score on the kicking?

I suspect he didnt do well on his opposite side, as would have been the case with many of the fancied kickers that didn't make top 10.

That kicking test is pretty limited in its application anyway, wouldn't pay too much attention to it.

I suspect he didnt do well on his opposite side, as would have been the case with many of the fancied kickers that didn't make top 10.

That kicking test is pretty limited in its application anyway, wouldn't pay too much attention to it.

Heppell's kicking isn't necessarily the most accurate either but it has great distance. This test doesnt test distance.

...or moving/leading targets which is what it is all about in real game situations, which involves making, quick, correct decisions and then effectively executing them, which is what Heppell can do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back