e-AFL e-AFL Round 1 - GWS v Essendon @ GIANTS Stadium, Sunday 29/3/20 5pm

1585052599365.png
1585052620684.png

Please join us on Sunday, as e-AFL makes its debut. With the real season in limbo, our team will recreate the terminated AFL season in a series of simulated games, in a jam-packed, action-filled series of 153 games plus a finals series.

These are simulated games, using the names of AFL players, but all teams have an equal chance. There is as much hope for Suns supporters as there is for the West Coast fans of a premiership at the end. There is no home ground advantage, and the weather conditions are random but do affect the type of game.

The sim program also gives votes towards a Brownlow Medal for each game, which will be compiled and a winner announced during finals. Hot tip: the followers have the best chance of scoring votes.

With so little else on, sit back and cheer your e-AFL team to victory.

This game is between the GWS Giants and the Essendon Bombers, at GIANTS Stadium, and your match poster will be JackBero, who will advise a broadcast time when he is ready.

The teams are as named for the real round 1, with the last 2 bench players omitted.

Greater Western Sydney Giants

B: Aidan Corr - Sam Taylor - Nick Haynes

HB: Harry Perryman - Phil Davis - Isaac Cumming

C: Daniel Lloyd - Stephen Coniglio - Lachie Whitfield

HF: Toby Greene - Jeremy Cameron - Matt de Boer

F: Brent Daniels - Jeremy Finlayson - Harry Himmelberg

Foll: Sam Jacobs - Josh Kelly - Jacob Hopper

INT: Tom Green - Zac Langdon

Essendon Bombers

B: Aaron Francis - Michael Hurley - Brandon Zerk-Thatcher

HB: Adam Saad - Jordan Ridley - Mason Redman

C: Kyle Langford - Andrew McGrath - Tom Cutler

HF: Orazio Fantasia - Will Snelling - Devon Smith

F: Jake Stringer - Jacob Townsend - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti

Foll: Tom Bellchamber - Zach Merrett - Dylan Shiel

INT: Darcy Parish - David Zaharakis​

Callums_Guns , how do you feel retiring Heath Shaw (if we do end up coaches)? He can mentor the new crop of Cumming and Ash and perhaps give him a Rd17 runout.

1585090829590.jpeg

Callums_Guns , how do you feel retiring Heath Shaw (if we do end up coaches)? He can mentor the new crop of Cumming and Ash and perhaps give him a Rd17 runout.

View attachment 846307
Morning Chipmunk can see him playing a role similar to Ward last season

Can see us making a couple of changes quickly in the 1st quarter, but will defiantly be a target on their #9

Giants will wear arms bands to pay their respect to the late Jack Jones who passed away this week -RIP Jack

Nice write-up Ant Bear

I can see the Dons getting a right proper smiting.

Clearly their noisier fans such as DapperJong DERO jmoo wan et al consider the Dons' chances are up with retaining a fit in future Daniher.

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Nice write-up Ant Bear

I can see the Dons getting a right proper smiting.

Clearly their noisier fans such as DapperJong DERO jmoo wan et al consider the Dons' chances are up with retaining a fit in future Daniher.

The postponement means you get to support a decent team and not the odds on 2020 spooners.

Loooooooooooooooooooonerty

Yes, cheer for me peon

Isn't there a rule that round 1 teams have to match the real life round 1 teams?

I for one am looking forward to the return of a fit Daniher in round 2

The world of the sim is a brutal one. Seems that Daniher has put himself in cotton wool until Round 6. He will play 2 or 3 games games against nondescript teams like Carlollies and North came Nynff.

At that stage he will announce soreness in parts of the body that resemble DERO and DapperJong as well as irreconcilable differences with Donzo Gonzo coach boncer34 and Club doctor Loonerty

Daniher will be unavailable for selection until 2021.

They did say that Rd1 teams would be the same as real life Rd1, with last two interchange removed. So ‘coaches’ are only really involved from Rd2.

I’m not really concerned though, let’s just get this started!

They did say that Rd1 teams would be the same as real life Rd1, with last two interchange removed. So ‘coaches’ are only really involved from Rd2.

I’m not really concerned though, let’s just get this started!
Soz, I meant it as in "They do, I don't understand the question".

Soz, I meant it as in "They do, I don't understand the question".

Oh sorry, misunderstood you there.

Im glad we don’t have to face Daniher. When the Hawks played Essendon in 2016, I put money on all the Hawks forwards getting the first goal. I mean, you had no players right?

Daniher, grrr...

JackBero Loonerty

Any chance we can have the match in the morning or evening? Just so it suits my UK time zone and I still want to cheer the boys on.

Back