Competitions e-AFL Simulated Footy Season - Lions Coach Required

Remove this Banner Ad

With the unfortunate but necessary postponement of the AFL season for at least 60 days, it's been decided that we will run a simulated AFL season using the Qooty program created by the legendary Mobbs.

If you are familiar with the Sweet FA, which has had a few Tour games here, then you will know what this program is. If not, then please have a gander at the thread posted on the main board.
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/afl-season-to-be-rebooted-in-simulation.1237892/

The Lions first match is the Queensland Derby against the Suns, and you can find the match thread here:
It will be posted on Sunday at 3pm AEDT

As a tl;dr, Qooty is a completely random football simulator. What we are going to do is use real player names and simulate the 17 round AFL season.
Each week there will be 2 rounds, complete with match threads for banter against opposition fans. At this stage it seems these threads will just be in the main board but that may change. At the end, there will be a Brownlow Medallist and Coleman Medallist as well as a Norm Smith medallist.

We are looking for someone to coach the Lions team. The coach should be a regular, respected poster on the Lions board, who is responsible for discussing the team with the board for each game and naming that team in the match preview threads on the Main AFL Board. There will also be other expectations on the coach, such as starting the preview threads when the Lions are the Home team.

For round 1 we will just use the named teams (minus two from the bench, as Qooty only needs 20 players) from round 1.

I hope that you are curious enough to take a look at the game, either in progress at the advertised time or read the text afterwards. Can interested people please advise me if they wish to fulfill the role of Coach?

Thanks
AB

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds pretty straight forward - name the teams, start a preview thread and discuss the players?
Basically. And hate the Romans.

You in?

For those interested in playing along, I have named my round two team and have named a surprising debutant!

For those interested in playing along, I have named my round two team and have named a surprising debutant!

Disgraceful that Matty Eagles isnt getting a run, what more does the kid need to do to prove his worthiness to you?!

Unfortunately Norf beat us. Fullarton looked great on debut and McStay is continuing is breakout season.

Charlie Cameron didn't touch the ball so he's out with an 'injury' - do we trial Ah Chee up forward or should we roll the dice with Coleman?

Charlie did his digital Hammy and Adams couldn't cut the mustard.

Who are the ins? Take a look!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back