E.L. Designs (If I had dictatorial control over every playing kit in the AFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread is completely hypothetical. I'm starting this thread for a bit of fun. I have my reasons for posting this thread here instead of the footy jumpers and graphic design board.

I will design what the playing kit of every AFL team I think should look like (but will leave out the AFL logo and sponsor due to laziness) and a hypothetical Tasmania and Canberra team as well, if I had my own sports clothes manufacturing company that had the rights to manafacture the team's playing kit - just like Kooga have with the Brisbane Lions or Nike with Carlton (I'll just call this hypothetical company "EL Designs" and have a logo is just an "E" and "L" - I will not leave this out of my designs) and could make them look like what I wanted them to look like.

The rules regarding playing kits if I had hypothetical control of playing jumpers of the AFL is that every home teams wears their full normal (main) playing kit, with one exception, if a team has a jumper that is mostly white, the team has white as one of their primary colours and that the team only has to wear an alternate/clash playing kit against less than five opponents, then I can make them wear white shorts at home. General rule for away teams under my rules is that if there is absolutely no clash between playing kits, the away team wears their full main playing kit (including shorts). If there is a clash of shorts than the away team wears different shorts and if there is a clash of jumpers than the away team wears a different jumper. If both main and clash jumpers of the away team clash with the home team, then the away team is required to produce a third/alternate jumper. Basically similar to the system used by the English Premier League. If I design three jumpers for a team, I'll try to make it that their main jumper is their traditional playing jumper, clash has club colours and but alternate/third will probably have a non-team colour.

The teams I design and upload will be in a random order (except the first two I upload will be the two hypothetical Tasmania and Canberra expansion teams). I might do some NRL or A-League playing kit designs after I'm done with all the AFL teams and the hypothetical expansion teams.

tl;dr: I enjoy designing footy jumpers on Paint. I will dump the designs I make on this thread. I will do every current AFL team along with a hypothetical Canberra and Tasmania team.

-

First up I will do the hypothetical Canberra team. I have chosen blue (halfway between royal and navy), gold, white and black as their colours. Those colours were chosen because blue and white are the traditional colours of Canberra, while blue and gold are the colours of the ACT, while every Canberra based NEAFL team has black as one of their main colours (except for Tuggeranong Hawks - who have gold as part of their colours anyway).

Hypothetical Canberra Team - Main kit
Worn at all home games and away games against Collingwood, Geelong, Gold Coast and Sydney.
graphickitaflv2canberra.png

Hypothetical Canberra Team - Change kit
Worn away against GWS and Hawthorn.

Hypothetical Canberra Team - Clash kit
Worn away against Brisbane Lions, Fremantle, North Melbourne, Tasmania, West Coast and Western Bulldogs.

Hypothetical Canberra Team - Clash change kit
Worn away against Adelaide, Carlton, Essendon, Melbourne, Port Adelaide, Richmond and St Kilda.

-

I have chosen the traditional Tasmanian state colours for the hypothetical Tasmania team; dark green, dark red and gold. Same colours as their cricket team.

Hypothetical Tasmania Team - Main kit
Worn at all home games and away games against Collingwood, Geelong, Gold Coast, GWS, North Melbourne and Sydney.
graphickitaflv2tasmania.bmp

Hypothetical Tasmania Team - Change kit
Worn away against Hawthorn
graphickitaflv2tasmania.png

Hypothetical Tasmania Team - Clash kit
Worn away against Adelaide, Brisbane Lions, Canberra, Carlton, Essendon, Melbourne, Port Adelaide and Richmond

Hypothetical Tasmania Team - Clash change kit
Worn away against Fremantle, St Kilda, West Coast and Western Bulldogs

Carlton - Main kit
Worn at all home games and away against Collingwood, Geelong, Gold Coast, Hawthorn, North Melbourne and Sydney.
graphickitaflv2carlton1.png

Carlton - Change kit
Worn away against GWS.
graphickitaflv2carlton1.png

Carlton - Clash kit
Worn away against Brisbane Lions and Tasmania
graphickitaflv2carlton2.png

Carlton - Clash change kit
Worn away against Adelaide, Canberra, Essendon, Fremantle, Melbourne, Port Adelaide, Richmond, St Kilda, West Coast and Western Bulldogs.
graphickitaflv2carlton2.png

-

Hawthorn - Main kit
A few changes to their current adidas jumper, getting rid of the silly line on the side and adding the Hawthorn monogram at the back of the jumper above the numbers. Worn at all home games and away v Canberra, Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon, Geelong, Melbourne, North Melbourne, Port Adelaide, St Kilda, West Coast and Western Bulldogs.
graphickitaflv2hawthorn.png

Hawthorn - Change kit
Worn away v Brisbane Lions, Fremantle, Gold Coast, Sydney and Tasmania.
graphickitaflv2hawthorn.bmp

Hawthorn - Clash kit
Changes made from current clash jumper is replacing the cartoon Hawk with the Hawthorn monogram and adding brown and gold stripes above the numbers at the back. Worn away against Adelaide, GWS and Richmond.
graphickitaflv2hawthorn.png

North Melbourne - Main kit
North Melbourne monogram added at the back above the numbers on all jumpers. Numbers changed from black to dark blue. Worn in all games against Carlton, Essendon, Gold Coast, GWS, Hawthorn, Melbourne, Richmond, Port Adelaide, Sydney and Tasmania and home games against Canberra, Collingwood and Geelong.
graphickitaflv2northmel.png

North Melbourne - Change kit
Worn in all games against Adelaide, Brisbane Lions, Fremantle, St Kilda, West Coast and Western Bulldogs and away games against Canberra.

North Melbourne - Clash kit
Similar to their original VFL/AFL jumper and their 2007 clash jumper without the logo. Worn away against Collingwood and Geelong.

-

Melbourne - Main kit
Melbourne monogram added at the back above the numbers. Worn at all home games and away against Collingwood, Geelong, Hawthorn and North Melbourne.
graphickitaflv2melbourn.png

Melbourne - Change kit (shorts and socks)
Worn away against GWS.

Melbourne - Change kit (socks)
Worn away against Gold Coast and Sydney.

Melbourne - Clash kit
Simple inverse of their main jumper. Worn away against Canberra, Carlton, Fremantle, Port Adelaide, Richmond, St Kilda, Tasmania, West Coast and Western Bulldogs.

Melbourne - Alternate/third kit
Melbourne monogram added to the front of jumper to give out a heritage look. Red vee on blue added to the back above the numbers. Worn away against Brisbane Lions.

Melbourne - Alternate/third change kit
Worn away against Adelaide and Essendon.

Yes!!!! The NMFC monogram above the numbers. I love it. Hopefully it will replace the clunky NMFC font one day.

Great work, you know how to make me happy
Retro monograms look good. I'll use them in a lot of my designs.

Gold Coast Suns - Main kit
Jumper design reverted to the 2011-12 home jumper with narrower sidepanels. Worn at all home games and away against Canberra, Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon, Fremantle, Geelong, North Melbourne, Richmond, Port Adelaide, St Kilda, Tasmania, West Coast and Western Bulldogs.
graphickitaflv2goldcoas.png

Gold Coast Suns - Change kit (shorts)
Worn away against Hawthorn.

Gold Coast Suns - Change kit (socks)
Worn away against Melbourne.

Gold Coast Suns - Clash kit
Worn away against Adelaide, Brisbane Lions, GWS and Sydney.

-

Adelaide Crows - Main Kit
Collar and cuffs changed from gold to navy blue and sidepanels removed. Worn at all home games and away against Collingwood, Geelong and North Melbourne.
graphickitaflv2adelaide.png

Adelaide Crows - Clash kit
Red and gold made less prominent. Worn away against Gold Coast, Hawthorn and Sydney.

Adelaide Crows - Clash change kit
Worn away against GWS.

Adelaide Crows - Alternate/third kit
Worn away against Brisbane Lions and Tasmania.

Adelaide Crows - Alternate/third change kit
Worn away against Canberra, Carlton, Essendon, Fremantle, Melbourne, Port Adelaide, Richmond, St Kilda, West Coast and Western Bulldogs.

GWS Giants - Main kit
I've always felt that GWS should have went with the other option as this design is more timeless, bold, simple and less likely to get changed. It also clashes with a lot less teams as there is more orange and less charcoal. Also removed "Canberra" from the back. Worn at all home games and away against Brisbane Lions, Collingwood, Fremantle, Geelong, North Melbourne, Tasmania, West Coast and Western Bulldogs.
graphickitaflv2gws11l.png

GWS Giants - Change kit (shorts)
Worn away against Canberra, Carlton, Essendon, Port Adelaide and St Kilda.
graphickitaflv2gws12.png

GWS Giants - Change kit (shorts and socks)
Worn away against Melbourne.
graphickitaflv2gws13.png

GWS Giants - Clash kit
Even though I like GWS's current clash jumper, I went with mostly charcoal as their first choice clash kit because it's one of their primary colours and that with a legitimate orange home jumper, it would clash with Sydney. Worn away against Gold Coast and Sydney.
graphickitaflv2gws21.png

GWS Giants - Clash change kit
Worn away against Hawthorn.
graphickitaflv2gws22.png

GWS Giants - Alternate/third kit
Basically their current clash jumper. Worn away against Adelaide and Richmond.
graphickitaflv2gws32.png

-

West Coast Eagles - Main kit
Return of the wings. Worn at all home games and away against Collingwood, Essendon, Geelong, Gold Coast, GWS, Hawthorn, North Melbourne, Port Adelaide, St Kilda and Sydney.
graphickitaflv2westcoas.png

West Coast Eagles - Clash kit
Worn away against Brisbane Lions, Fremantle, Richmond and Tasmania.

West Coast Eagles - Clash change kit
Worn away against Adelaide, Canberra, Carlton, Melbourne and Western Bulldogs.

Collingwood - Main kit
Reverted back to their original jumper. Worn against Brisbane Lions, Fremantle, Gold Coast, Hawthorn, Melbourne, Sydney, Tasmania, West Coast, Western Bulldogs and home games against Essendon, North Melbourne and Richmond.
graphickitaflv2collingw.png

Collingwood - Change kit
Worn against Adelaide, Canberra, Carlton, GWS, Port Adelaide, St Kilda, home games against Geelong and away games against Essendon and Richmond

Collingwood - Clash kit
Pinstripe idea copied from Southhampton's 12/13 home and away shirts, allows them to keep their supposedly precious black and white stripes and solve theit two clashes. Worn away against Geelong and North Melbourne.

-

Essendon - Main kit
Sash curved. Essendon monogram added to the back above the numbers. Red made darker. Worn at all home games and away against Geelong, Gold Coast, Hawthorn, North Melbourne and Sydney.
graphickitaflv2essendon.png

Essendon - Change kit (red shorts)
Worn away against Collingwood, West Coast and Western Bulldogs.

Essendon - Change kit (white shorts)
Worn away against GWS.

Essendon - Clash kit
Reversed red and black around. Worn against Canberra, Carlton, Port Adelaide and Richmond.

Essendon - Clash change kit
Worn against Fremantle and Tasmania.

Essendon - Alternate/third kit
Worn against Brisbane Lions.
graphickitaflv2essendon.bmp

Essendon - Alternate/third change kit
Worn against Adelaide, Melbourne and St Kilda.
graphickitaflv2essendonh.png

Geelong - Main kit
Jumper reverted back to the 2012 and before version. Shorts white instead of navy as it has become more recognisably Geelong (for my generation anyway as they did win their last 3 flags and played their last 4 Grand Finals in white shorts), looks better and provides more contrast with the opposition. Worn in all games except when away against Collingwood and North Melbourne.
graphickitaflv2geelong1.png

Geelong - Clash kit
Pinstripes inspired by Southampton's pinstripes in their 12/13 kits. Worn away against Collingwood and North Melbourne.
graphickitaflv2geelong2.bmp

-

Richmond - Main kit
Removed the sash at the back, made numbers yellow. Worn at all home games and away against Geelong, Gold Coast, North Melbourne and Sydney.
graphickitaflv2richmond.png

Richmond - Change kit
Worn away against Collingwood and Western Bulldogs.

Richmond - Clash kit
Inverse of the main jumper. Worn away against Brisbane Lions, Fremantle and Tasmania.

Richmond - Clash change kit
Worn away against Adelaide, Canberra, Carlton, Essendon, Melbourne, Port Adelaide and St Kilda.

Richmond - Alternate/third kit
Sash narrower. Worn away against West Coast.

Richmond - Alternate/third change kit
Worn away against GWS and Hawthorn.

St Kilda - Main kit
Reverted back to the 2011-12 version. Worn at all home games and away against Collingwood, Geelong, Gold Coast, North Melbourne and Sydney.
graphickitaflv2stkilda1.png

St Kilda - Change kit
Worn away against GWS, Hawthorn, West Coast and Western Bulldogs.
graphickitaflv2stkilda1.png

St Kilda - Clash kit
Reverted back to the 2009-10 version that was worn in the 2010 Grand Final. Worn away against Adelaide, Brisbane Lions, Canberra, Carlton, Essendon, Fremantle, Melbourne, Port Adelaide, Richmond and Tasmania.
graphickitaflv2stkilda2.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back