News E3 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

tumblr_nulz7j9h7Y1uoy2m4o1_400.gif

Zelda is getting a lot of love from non Nintendo fans as well. It's not just Nintendo die hards with nothing else to talk about.

It also wasn't the only game Nintendo showed but it was their main focus and they gave us a heap of info and gameplay that all looked brilliant which is why it's being talked about so much.

IGN declared it game of the show, Gamespot all but declared it the best game of E3 and Easy Allies dedicated a good 40 minutes praising it in their daily E3 wrap up. Even PCgamer had an article on it.

Haters just need to accept that Nintendo are a top tier developer, always have been, always will be.

IGN declared it game of the show, Gamespot all but declared it the best game of E3 and Easy Allies dedicated a good 40 minutes praising it in their daily E3 wrap up. Even PCgamer had an article on it.

Haters just need to accept that Nintendo are a top tier developer, always have been, always will be.
Easily the best coverage all week

No one is hating on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Easy Allies can fan boy pretty hard though, rumor has it theyre still cleaning up their recording studio from last e3, would've put Randy to shame.

Based on what I've caught up on so far Zelda is the game of the show in a landslide. It's not even a contest. Plenty of games look great though.

I watched a 30 minute stream of it over at IGN and what I saw looked and felt like a game that could have been released a decade ago. Maybe there is other footage that does a better job of selling the game but nothing I've seen would warrant excitement outside of the historical relevance of the brand.

I watched a 30 minute stream of it over at IGN and what I saw looked and felt like a game that could have been released a decade ago. Maybe there is other footage that does a better job of selling the game but nothing I've seen would warrant excitement outside of the historical relevance of the brand.
I kind of see where you're coming from but it was the scale that impressed me. Lots of little features, massive attention to detail and a really outstanding overall presentation. In my view their showing nailed natural exploration in a way that not many games do now. You look at the other open world games on show and they displayed quests, combat, beautiful landscapes etc but not many of them really gave the impression that it was fun to just wander around and create your own adventure. What I've seen of Zelda really highlighted that for me and I can see myself sinking hours into it just making my own way around the map and finding new areas/surprises. Traversal across various biomes also appeared flawless and that's something very few games genuinely nail for mine.

It also benefited from having something truly substantive to show (which was still only a fraction of the game's size). It may be classed as an "unfair advantage" in some ways given how close it is to completion compared to the other games on show, but I still think it was genuinely impressive.

FWIW, I wouldn't really call myself a Zelda "fan" - enjoyed OoT, played a bit of Wind Waker and had fun but never went back, and haven't played any of the others - so this isn't just coming from a Zelda fanboy perspective. Each to their own, but it really, really grabbed me.

Not much grabbed me from E3. Microsoft wise I am hesitantly excited for Dead Rising. Sony wise, I dunno, God of War looks OK. Nothing from Nintendo that interests me.

Other than that, DoW III should be good as someone who loved the first and Titanfall 2 looks pretty fun. Pretty weak showing overall.

Have for respect for the dead please.

I'm actually pissed coz I love my Vita. I just hope all support and past games aren't eventually cut off in their entirety.

Also I don't care about Zelda.

I'm actually pissed coz I love my Vita. I just hope all support and past games aren't eventually cut off in their entirety.

Also I don't care about Zelda.

still going with my 2x PSP's- just purchased Parappa The Rapper for my daughter:D
how much are Vita's now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back