News E3 2017

Which was the best press conference at E3 2017?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Will catch up on today's stuff after work but it's sounding like one of those years where no one has much to announce.

Sony having a bad show shouldn't be a thing.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

There are a heap of studios that have been working on games for over 2 years and could announce something.

I dont think Sony had a bad show, just nothing like the last 2. Started off strong with exclusives and PSVR/ 3rd Party games were a drop off in the middle, Closed with Spiderman.

I think we just expected too much and it to be longer than 60 mins.

When you are launching a new console and the biggest cheer from the crowd is BC on 15 year old games. You had a poor conference.

BC is a nice thing to have, but its not a system seller like exclusive games are.

UBI was the only good one.
Sony prob suffered from the last 2 being so huge. but still showed great looking exclusives.
lolwat? Backwards compatibility is a HUGE deal, and absolutely a system seller. Being able to play multiple generations worth of console libraries on a single machine not only provides the biggest, most diverse gaming experience on a console, it also saves you from having to sell all the games you already own and re-buy them digitally.

You're right, it shouldn't be a big deal, but because Sony was too cheap to build it in, then stupidly label it anti-consumer, it actually does become a dealbreaker for many, including myself (even though I'm in the PC camp). Give me the libraries of the Xbox Original and Xbox 360 over all the shallow quicktime moviegames Sony announced every day of the week.

Overall a shitty E3.

Sony with GoW though probably the best game shown at E3.

Metro I'm interested in, along with Wolfenstein.

Didn't know if it was CoD or Battlefield DLC originally, doesn't look s**t though.

Spider-Man looks good.

Days Gone I'm still not sure about, I was the same with Horizon though a year ago and it was a good enough gaming experience.

At least some games coming out at the end of they year that I'm keen on, AC and South Park mainly.

lolwat? Backwards compatibility is a HUGE deal, and absolutely a system seller. Being able to play multiple generations worth of console libraries on a single machine not only provides the biggest, most diverse gaming experience on a console, it also saves you from having to sell all the games you already own and re-buy them digitally.

You're right, it shouldn't be a big deal, but because Sony was too cheap to build it in, then stupidly label it anti-consumer, it actually does become a dealbreaker for many, including myself (even though I'm in the PC camp). Give me the libraries of the Xbox Original and Xbox 360 over all the shallow quicktime moviegames Sony announced every day of the week.

It's not that big of a deal. I personally couldn't give a stuff about backwards compatibility, I don't have any urge to go back to old games.

For you it isn't.

For most it isn't. It's a nice feature to have but in no way is it a system seller

xb1bc1-980x813.jpg

For most it isn't. It's a nice feature to have but in no way is it a system seller

xb1bc1-980x813.jpg
Well thats enough for me to spend $700 on a console to play 15 year old games in 480p.

Nope. Shows how little you know.

An ambiguously sourced pie chart? Based on a tiny fraction of the consumers logged into Xbox Live? Yep, sure.

If anything is shows how little you know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If anything is shows how little you know.
Pretty standard retort from a Sony fanboy. Not that you can expect much better.

By all means, enjoy your hot new games for the 10th time. Hopefully the novelty doesn't wear out soon.

Personally, and I say this as a long-time Sony console owner, there's no way I can put Sony's E3 above Microsoft's.

Microsoft's presentation wasn't perfect. They needed to sell the Scorpio (* the official name, it's the Scorpio) and the best way to do it was with system selling exclusives, but they largely failed to do so. None of the exclusives really wowed me - it says a lot that they had to use a creative definition of the word "exclusive" when introducing most of the games they had on show. While they established the Scorpio as the place to play multiplatform games in a landslide, the price will turn a lot off from moving from their existing console simply to play multiplatform titles at a higher level.

Nevertheless, the console, and what they've managed to accomplish from an engineering standpoint, is excellent, and they deserve kudos for it. The exclusives weren't really system sellers but they mostly looked like good games in their own right. Backwards compatibility isn't a system seller but it remains an advantage over Sony - and one that they have now expanded.

I was more impressed by the games on show from Sony but we've seen most of them before, and we are no more certain now than we were previously about how far away they are.

E3 presentations should primarily be about making announcements. You can show gameplay or secondary teasers at any of the events littered throughout the year (PSX would have been a great home for many of today's Sony excerpts), but E3 is the big one: you make your big reveals and build hype for what is coming. I may be more intrigued by Sony's upcoming games than Microsoft's, but they had next to nothing to announce this year, and as such I really can't give them a higher rating than MS.

You all know I have no love for any console really, and I can confirm Microsoft was definitely stronger than Sony. BC and UHD playback might not seem like much to some people, but they are nevertheless advantages over the Pro.

Pretty standard retort from a Sony fanboy. Not that you can expect much better.

By all means, enjoy your hot new games for the 10th time. Hopefully the novelty doesn't wear out soon.

I wouldn't give a s**t if Sony offered backwards compatibility, I wouldn't care if Nintendo did.

I've owned the 360 and XB1, still have no interest in the concept of it.
Who's the real fanboy, the person not interested in backwards compatibility regardless of who is offering it or the guy desperately trying to make out that it's relevant or even a big deal in the grand scheme of things?

I wouldn't give a s**t if Sony offered backwards compatibility, I wouldn't care if Nintendo did.

I've owned the 360 and XB1, still have no interest in the concept of it.
Who's the real fanboy, the person not interested in backwards compatibility regardless of who is offering it or the guy desperately trying to make out that it's relevant or even a big deal in the grand scheme of things?
I can't speak for anyone else on their opinion on BC, but when the original Xbox logo came up on the screen I think it got the biggest cheer of both the Sony and Microsoft pressers. So people are obviously interested.

I can't speak for anyone else on their opinion on BC, but when the original Xbox logo came up on the screen I think it got the biggest cheer of both the Sony and Microsoft pressers. So people are obviously interested.

People are also interested in eating s**t. Doesn't make it the best thing to ever happen to gaming.

It's not going to damage Sony in anyway by not offering it, the same that it isn't going to sell Microsoft a million consoles. Most people who play older games have those systems already set up.

People are also interested in eating s**t. Doesn't make it the best thing to ever happen to gaming.

It's not going to damage Sony in anyway by not offering it, the same that it isn't going to sell Microsoft a million consoles. Most people who play older games have those systems already set up.
Where did anyone say it was the best thing to happen to gaming? And your "people are also interested in eating s**t" comment also acknowledges there is interest in it despite your opinion of it. So, thank you for your opinion but the industry will move on regardless.

I for one know I would play alot more original Xbox if my console wasn't stuffed. Looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

Back