News E3 2017

Which was the best press conference at E3 2017?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven't watched anything presentations in full, feeling that the gaming industry plateaued? or just an off year?

I think it's also that games are getting so big and complex that they take a long time to make and a lot of resources.
So i think companies don't want to announce s**t to early if the game isn't in form to show off.

That said next year should have more to show off.

Haven't watched anything presentations in full, feeling that the gaming industry plateaued? or just an off year?
It wasn't even a really bad year. Sony show was actually decent however it was rightly bashed for no new content, they shouldn't blown their load last year. Nintendo was solid with some very nice announcements. Ubisoft probably had their best conference ever. What would of turn this E3 from a eh year to amazing, Metroid Prime gameplay and Sony showing of The last of us 2 and stuff like FarCry not being leaked.

I think what makes this years E3 seem alot flatter than it actual was, was simply down to inflated expectations. Sony was coming off the two best E3 in history, Microsoft was releasing new hardware which people thought would bring them back into the console race and it was Nintendo's first E3 since the Switch was out. Instead what we got was titles we already knew about, all new announcements were small and the big surprise announcements are ages away.

Last edited:
MS conference on reflection wasn't actually so bad.

Heaps of games i'll be able to play first on Xbox.
Which has been my main platform this gen anyway.

Interested in.

Tacoma
The Last Night
Ashen
Super Lucky's Tale
Cuphead
Black Vein

Crackdown 3 still has promise, was disappointed initially by the E3 trailer but after watching more gameplay it should be a fun entry.
Sea of Thieves continues to look the goods.
Ori 2 looks just gorgeous.
Forza 7 in 4k

I think i will make the jump to the Xbox One X when it releases, will be good to play the big multiplats in 4k as well.

As for more first party stuff.
I think next year is when they will announce the big guns (sony to) like i said earlier games take a long time to make nowadays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man, I think I'm so out of touch with what gaming has apparently become;

Don't give a s**t about backwards compatibility
Don't give a s**t about co-op
Could count on 1 hand the number of games I've played more than once

Anyway, agree with the majority thoughts that it was a pretty lackluster E3. That's what happens though when you have the gap in releases that we've seen from both Sony and MS over the last few years (relative to release schedules in the PS3/360 days), they had to fill the last 2 years worth of conferences with announcements that were way too early and now its catching up with them.

They might have a teaser at Gamescom and i expect a teaser/trailer at the Games Show and Gameplay at PSX

I certainly expected more TLoU info.

Or wanted. Badly.

Case in point, TLOU2. That game is still 2 years away at least, should have been annoounced this E3 at the absolute earliest. I'll eat my hat if we get gameplay before E3 2018, more likely PSX 2018.

I wish we were getting a proper Black Flag 2 rather than Skull & Bones, it looks like the multiplayer from a shelved Black Flag sequel.

BGE2 was pretty weird, the language they were using it was almost like it was being crowd funded.

Case in point, TLOU2. That game is still 2 years away at least, should have been annoounced this E3 at the absolute earliest. I'll eat my hat if we get gameplay before E3 2018, more likely PSX 2018.

Naughty Dog wouldnt of announced TLoU P2 at E3, it would of taken away from the game they came to show in Uncharted. Which Neil and most of the people who made TLoU are not really involved with. They have been working on TLoU 2 all year and will show something at PSX [Have been doing the Mocap with both female leads since the start of the year]. the Leads on Uncharted TLL are first time leads, I think the only involvement Neil had was to help with the story. So when everyone saw that Neil wasnt there, we would of put it together that they have started working on TLoU P2 and ND was a 2 team studio again.

Naughty Dog wouldnt of announced TLoU P2 at E3, it would of taken away from the game they came to show in Uncharted. Which Neil and most of the people who made TLoU are not really involved with. They have been working on TLoU 2 all year and will show something at PSX [Have been doing the Mocap with both female leads since the start of the year]. the Leads on Uncharted TLL are first time leads, I think the only involvement Neil had was to help with the story. So when everyone saw that Neil wasnt there, we would of put it together that they have started working on TLoU P2 and ND was a 2 team studio again.

Could have sworn there was an E3 a few years back where ND showed 2 games in Sony's conference, TLOU & UC4.

Yeah I get that most of the studio would have been working on TLOU2 all year, and they might show something at PSX, I just don't think it will be gameplay. When do you guesstimate TLOU2 will be released?

Could have sworn there was an E3 a few years back where ND showed 2 games in Sony's conference, TLOU & UC4.

Yeah I get that most of the studio would have been working on TLOU2 all year, and they might show something at PSX, I just don't think it will be gameplay. When do you guesstimate TLOU2 will be released?
March 2019, Naughty Dog not only are one of the best developers but one of the most efficient

If they did it would of been TLoU remastered, but it dont thing they showed that. Uncharted was announced at the PS4 Launch party.

PSX will have stuff from TLoU P2. it will either be a trailer with the new girl and Ellie or gameplay with them. could even be both. The Uncharted 4 PSX demo was made in 6 weeks, they have been working on TLoU2 for over 6 months now

Sucker Punch might wait till PSX [or Games Awards] to announce the new IP. like teaser at Games Awards and trailer/gameplay at PSX 2 days later.

March 2019, Naughty Dog not only are one of the best developers but one of the most efficient

Bit optimistic I'd say. Initial release date might get announced for around then, but you have to account for the obligatory delay. I'll go late 2019 maybe even early 2020. We'll see, but I still think no gameplay at PSX this year. Cinematic trailer probably the best we can hope for.

If they did it would of been TLoU remastered, but it dont thing they showed that. Uncharted was announced at the PS4 Launch party.

PSX will have stuff from TLoU P2. it will either be a trailer with the new girl and Ellie or gameplay with them. could even be both. The Uncharted 4 PSX demo was made in 6 weeks, they have been working on TLoU2 for over 6 months now

Sucker Punch might wait till PSX [or Games Awards] to announce the new IP. like teaser at Games Awards and trailer/gameplay at PSX 2 days later.

Found it, was E3 2014 - UC4 announced and new content for TLOU, gameplay demo iirc. They might have changed their view since but ND previously had no probs doing 2 games in the one E3 conference.

Yep like I said we'll probably get something, I just doubt they'd be far enough along to do a gameplay demo - unless its just a scripted vertical slice ala the Anthem demo this year. ND typically don't do those though, they usually have someone actually playing the game - the way it should be :thumbsu:

Time will tell I guess.

Bit optimistic I'd say. Initial release date might get announced for around then, but you have to account for the obligatory delay. I'll go late 2019 maybe even early 2020. We'll see, but I still think no gameplay at PSX this year. Cinematic trailer probably the best we can hope for.
Not at all the script of the game was finished before the start of Uncharted 4 development. 2 and half years from their 2016 psx announcement is plenty of tie.

Not at all the script of the game was finished before the start of Uncharted 4 development. 2 and half years from their 2016 psx announcement is plenty of tie.

Hope so. Like I said, we'll see.

edit: hang on, what? The script for TLOU2 was finished well before November 2013 (first tease of UC4), 5 months after TLOU1 was released? That can't be right can it?

Back