News E3 2019 - 10/6 - 12/6 (including EA Play)

Jack Richards

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2015
Dirty white van
AFL Club
Essendon
The first half of their presentation was literally the onion article about please don't be mean to fo76 we promise it's good now and look at our mobile games.
At least Todd Howard acknowledged they didn't quite hit the mark and working hard to rectify it. That gives them some credit.

Unlike Anthem which has yet to do anything to fix their rubbish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sterge

Jun 3, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Avs/Pats/Chelsea
At least Todd Howard acknowledged they didn't quite hit the mark and working hard to rectify it. That gives them some credit.

Unlike Anthem which has yet to do anything to fix their rubbish.
Yeah props for not dodging it completly, but they lost a ton of good will in the last 12 months and not having a major announcement this yeah didn't help.
We won't see much this year i don't think as devs wait for next year to go all out on next gen titles

dwwaino

Jun 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
BVB, MVFC
Did anyone get up for this morning's stuff? I did set my alarm for this morning but some extra beauty sleep before work was chosen. Catch up time .

Ryz

Aug 26, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
MMA
Caught the end of Ubi, really underwhelming, even moreso than Bethesda.

Bringing in a new subscription service (like EA Access) called Uplay+ ($15 USD p/m)

3 'episodes' coming to Division which includes stories outside Washington and a new raid. Very ambiguous but almost sounded like some sort of zombie enemy being introduced (could be 110% wrong but that's how i interpreted it.

dwwaino

Jun 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
BVB, MVFC
Caught the end of Ubi, really underwhelming, even moreso than Bethesda.

Bringing in a new subscription service ($15 USD p/m)

3 'episodes' coming to Division which includes stories outside Washington and a new raid. Very ambiguous but almost sounded like some sort of zombie enemy being introduced (could be 110% wrong but that's how i interpreted it.
Anything new outside of Watch Dogs 3?

Ryz

Aug 26, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
MMA
Anything new outside of Watch Dogs 3?
Only caught the last hour or so.

There's a new game called 'Roller Champions' which seems to borrow heavily from Rocket League. Alpha is available now, but they showed 5 seconds of gampelay which doesn't bode well.

Same team that did AC Odyssey doing 'Gods and Monsters' which may cop flack over being a Icarus/Zelda cartoon rendered knockoff.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fuzzy Wuzzy Bear

Premiership Player
Oct 28, 2004
New Eden
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
lakers
Yeah the Ubisoft conference sucked. Only thing that was half interesting was Watch Dogs 3. Didn't see enough of God and Monsters to have an opinion either way.

Firestarter

Premium Platinum
Feb 19, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Thanks to Limited Run Games my switch library will get a few blasts from the relative past. Rogue Legacy, Freedom Planet and Blaster Master Zero will be on my to-get list (... I like a physical library)

ioppolo

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
Unless Square or Nintendo do something unprecedented, this will be the most underwhelming E3 ever imo

Ryz

Aug 26, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
MMA
Outside of Nolan North I have never heard of any of them people.
Troy Baker was Joel in Last of Us.

That being said, Nolan North's voice is so distinctive, almost takes you out of it.

Not sure what to make to this. They have the characters so close to the MCU, but then alter them slightly. Just screams they've only got x amount of right. Should have just done the comic book versions.

bourbons

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Well that was pretty lame. Some cool stuff from Microsoft and Bethesda brought very little to the table. Without Sony this is pretty much over now. Outer Worlds sounds like it will be shown on the PC show tomorrow morning before Ubisoft. Will now finally have a shower and see if I can be bothered with Devolver.
I actually had it the other way round ie. pretty flat from MS and marginally better by Bethesda. Did we get even one thing we didn't already know about at the MS conference? Blair Witch I guess? At least Bethesda had 2 pretty cool looking new IP in Ghostwire and Deathloop. Plus a proper gameplay demo for Doom, looks insane.

bourbons

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
The first half of their presentation was literally the onion article about please don't be mean to fo76 we promise it's good now and look at our mobile games.
Better than not even mentioning it. Seems like they're at least admitting the mistake, taking feedback on board and making an effort to fix it.

Top Bottom