News E3 2019 (including EA Play)

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I actually had it the other way round ie. pretty flat from MS and marginally better by Bethesda. Did we get even one thing we didn't already know about at the MS conference? Blair Witch I guess? At least Bethesda had 2 pretty cool looking new IP in Ghostwire and Deathloop. Plus a proper gameplay demo for Doom, looks insane.

Blair Witch and Elden Ring are new. Scarlett reveal, X Cloud, massive overhaul to Game Pass (huge win for PC gamers) on top of updates of coming known first party titles and in the absence of Sony they got everything else too. Who 'won' is just subjective and more what you're into, but Microsoft's show had arguably quite a lot more substance.

E3 this year has been really lean and mostly uninspiring in general though. Last year's was excellent, and as mentioned by others this year is a holding pattern, just treading water so to speak and I expect next year's to be huge as Sony should be back to trade blows with Microsoft over launch and first year titles for the next gen consoles.

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Blair Witch and Elden Ring are new. Scarlett reveal, X Cloud, massive overhaul to Game Pass (huge win for PC gamers) on top of updates of coming known first party titles and in the absence of Sony they got everything else too. Who 'won' is just subjective and more what you're into, but Microsoft's show had arguably quite a lot more substance.

E3 this year has been really lean and mostly uninspiring in general though. Last year's was excellent, and as mentioned by others this year is a holding pattern, just treading water so to speak and I expect next year's to be huge as Sony should be back to trade blows with Microsoft over launch and first year titles for the next gen consoles.

I guess. We already knew about Elden Ring though (just not the name) due to a leak but I suppose that's not their fault.

Reckon you're being very generous calling the Scarlett stuff a reveal, just a timeframe wasn't it? Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention but all I heard was some industry peeps banging on about 120 frames and 4 times more powerful, that was it, see you in 12 months for an actual reveal.

You're right thought, next year should deliver with MS and Sony going hammer and tongs.

LukeSA

Premiership Player
Jun 14, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
****tiest E3 ever IMO.

Yes and no, imho its about on par with recent E3 showings, not too much that excites me, Doom Eternal i am super hyped up about, Cyberpunk 2077 i am interested in, probably a day 1 purchase but not super hyped at.

Off topic, your avatar is freaking creepy. :)

Yes and no, imho its about on par with recent E3 showings, not too much that excites me, Doom Eternal i am super hyped up about, Cyberpunk 2077 i am interested in, probably a day 1 purchase but not super hyped at.

Off topic, your avatar is freaking creepy. :)

I just wish I knew what it was.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I guess. We already knew about Elden Ring though (just not the name) due to a leak but I suppose that's not their fault.

Reckon you're being very generous calling the Scarlett stuff a reveal, just a timeframe wasn't it? Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention but all I heard was some industry peeps banging on about 120 frames and 4 times more powerful, that was it, see you in 12 months for an actual reveal.

You're right thought, next year should deliver with MS and Sony going hammer and tongs.

The show also mentioned hardware too.

I know this mainly about software and games (Lol @ Bethesda)

But AMD announcing their pricing is actually the best thing about this E3.

vj87nf.png

Back