2nds Eagle Recruits to Perth FC

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 8, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Just a piece of info I heard recently :

Rumour I heard a while ago that West Coast's new interstate recruits will be linked to the Perth FC next season . Maybe this is an expansion of the Perth FC Zone or the fact that Perth is bottom two at the WAFL !

Peter Sumich is being pursued by Perth FC for next season and Robert Wiley is also favoured for the Perth Job , so a West Coast - Perth Link in the future is a definate possibility !

Anyway maybe a piece of useless information at this time of the season but a common link for the interstate recruits will help the interstate recruits at the Eagles !

thought id add my two cents..... the last time east perth one a premiership without west coast eagles help was 77 , maybe good time ahead for the phoenix shutdown services demons

it ok sico im sure you (like every other ep supporter) will find some stat showing that ther was no effect from the eagles association. At the end of the day 77 was their last real premiership. except for the 3peat that coincidently coincided with eagles sending their ressies to the royals

Perth would only get the 18 yr old interstate rookies which may only be 1 or maybe two at most a year .

These kids may not play too much after the first season ie Atley .... if we draft Darling he would stay at West Perth ! This was something I heard on 6PR a while ago by Tim Gossage , so I think it would be a good idea and with Perth chasing Sumich and Wiley it seems like a link between Perth and West Coast .

it ok sico im sure you (like every other ep supporter) will find some stat showing that ther was no effect from the eagles association. At the end of the day 77 was their last real premiership. except for the 3peat that coincidently coincided with eagles sending their ressies to the royals

um two things.if your gonna cary on about things like this at lease get the facts correct. 1977 was perths last flag, 1978 was won by east perth.
as for 02 if you think humm and tuckey made that much difference. good luck to you.

Yes well as already has been mentioned 1978 was the year you have been thinking of and the West Coast association finished at the end of 2001 so 2002 must have been a fluke?

If it was such an advantage to have guns like David Antonovic, Kane Munro and David Haynes why did South Fremantle and Claremont fail to win any Premierships under the arrangement? They even had a full reserves team with both eastern states and WA kids in their teams. Souths even had it for a year longer than East Perth did.

Having these kids will not help Perth, they will hinder them. They will either be young developing kids or horribly out of form. If they show any sign of form Perth will lose them and another out of kid will take their place. That is on top of having to deal with Sumich being in charge. I would prefer Micale, McPhee, Dimmer, Woewodin or Trevor Williams is charge of the teams kids ahead of Sumich

Yes well as already has been mentioned 1978 was the year you have been thinking of and the West Coast association finished at the end of 2001 so 2002 must have been a fluke?

If it was such an advantage to have guns like David Antonovic, Kane Munro and David Haynes why did South Fremantle and Claremont fail to win any Premierships under the arrangement? They even had a full reserves team with both eastern states and WA kids in their teams. Souths even had it for a year longer than East Perth did.

Having these kids will not help Perth, they will hinder them. They will either be young developing kids or horribly out of form. If they show any sign of form Perth will lose them and another out of kid will take their place. That is on top of having to deal with Sumich being in charge. I would prefer Micale, McPhee, Dimmer, Woewodin or Trevor Williams is charge of the teams kids ahead of Sumich

Forget any players or do you just name the ones to help your argument

Forget any players or do you just name the ones to help your argument

I named them because they were three spuds we had to carry all year, they were so bad they couldn't get a game with a team that finished with 12 wins in 44 games. We couldn't do what Claremont did with their AFL spud this year and send Sibasado to Perth, we had to play him at Full back.

So now I have answered your question, are you going to answer mine or ignore it again? If it was such an advantage why did Claremont or Souths not win a premiership, even when they had a better the arrangement to have both interstate and local listed players. Or did they fail to win because they had too many spuds to carry?

I dont know why claremont failed, all I know is that EP succeeded only under this arrangement over the last 30+ years, I guess you can claim 02 but the better players pushing the more mediocre and proffessional coaching staff floating around helped with that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back