Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters

ziad

Brownlow Medallist
May 2, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
I would've thought quarantining for less than 14 days defeats the point of quarantine. More political stunt about being tough than anything to do with the dynamics of being infected with a virus.

Better off allowing the fly in/out and with the rigourous daily testing given that only people with an active (read positive test) infection will pass it on.

Onya Marko.
I am not alowed to visit my ill mother who is 93 (request rejected and the process takes over a week), why should a footy team,.

Regardless of whether we finish 3rd, 4th or 5th, we’ll have to win three games outside of WA to win the flag.

At least finishing 5th we get the boost of one last game in front of the home crowd to send us off.

Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
Haha, I know. Even this morning on old man station 6pr, they’re going on about how our game is a dead rubber, and we can’t drop from 5th. That’s true, but we’ve still got a chance for 4th, so winning is a must. Home final or not, there’s no world where finishing 5th and playing a knock elimination final, is better than a free swing at a prelim, and at worst, a guaranteed semi final, no matter where we play it

May 8, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Haha, I know. Even this morning on old man station 6pr, they’re going on about how our game is a dead rubber, and we can’t drop from 5th. That’s true, but we’ve still got a chance for 4th, so winning is a must. Home final or not, there’s no world where finishing 5th and playing a knock elimination final, is better than a free swing at a prelim, and at worst, a guaranteed semi final, no matter where we play it
Plus we arent Carlton or Melbourne, we go out to win each time no matter the situation.

Dec 19, 2007
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
soccer rugby union and le
Regardless of whether we finish 3rd, 4th or 5th, we’ll have to win three games outside of WA to win the flag.

At least finishing 5th we get the boost of one last game in front of the home crowd to send us off.
I hear ya,but a little voice inside me says we were getting settled in QLD.We had a magnificent backs to the wall victory.Now we pack up come home where we usually play well and are expected to win.Then back up there and get resettled.Are the other finals teams staying up there for the duration? If so i think its an advantage.

I hear ya,but a little voice inside me says we were getting settled in QLD.We had a magnificent backs to the wall victory.Now we pack up come home where we usually play well and are expected to win.Then back up there and get resettled.Are the other finals teams staying up there for the duration? If so i think its an advantage.

I think the players were heading back during the bye anyway, regardless of where we finished. That was the reason for asking for the Thursday night game, so they could get back as quickly as possible.

Jun 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
win GF @ Gabba on a warm dry night v Rich
tenor.gif

Could it be an omen?

An omen would be Birds of Tokyo playing at the Grand Final

Karim Abdul Yeo

Cancelled
Jul 30, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Seriously, how it is even a question?

Of course 4th is better. Already through to wk 2 at least. 3 wins from the flag instead of 4.

How are you already through to week 2 again?? you have to beat 1st team on wk 1 first. For the million times, Eagles need too finish top 2 to take advantage of their home ground, 4th and 5th not much of a difference TBH. Here is the stat from 2010-2019 1st team playing 4th:

2010- Pies 1st versus Dogs 4th Pies won
2011- Pies 1st, West Coast 4th, Pies win
2012- Hawks 1st, pies 4th, Hawks win
2013- Hawks 1st, syd 4th, Hawks win
2014- Syd 1st, Freo 4th, Syd win
2015 - Freo 1st, syd 4th, Freo win
2016- Syd 1st, GWS4th, GWS win
2017- Adel 1st, GWS, ADEL win
2018- Rich 1st, HAW 4th, RICH win
2019- Geel 1st, Pies 4th, Pies win

In last 10 years, 4th team has only managed to win 2/10 attempts and has never avoided 4 games.We can 100% win it from 5th just as we would have easily lost it this year finishing 1st on the ladder.Enjoy the finals, imagine being a Carlton supporter or Freo or north.And if you are still not happy, change your team.

ziad

Brownlow Medallist
May 2, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
The old 6 point game (7 perhaps?)

BlueandGoldforever

Cancelled
Apr 10, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
How are you already through to week 2 again?? you have to beat 1st team on wk 1 first. For the million times, Eagles need too finish top 2 to take advantage of their home ground, 4th and 5th not much of a difference TBH. Here is the stat from 2010-2019 1st team playing 4th:

In last 10 years, 4th team has only managed to win 2/10 attempts and has never avoided 4 games.We can 100% win it from 5th just as we would have easily lost it this year finishing 1st on the ladder.Enjoy the finals, imagine being a Carlton supporter or Freo or north.And if you are still not happy, change your team.
And when we have finished fifth in the past we have won the first week and lost the second week every time, however, we have made it to the preliminary final on at least two occasions when we have finished third or fourth and lost the first week of the finals.

Karim Abdul Yeo

Cancelled
Jul 30, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
And when we have finished fifth in the past we have won the first week and lost the second week every time, however, we have made it to the preliminary final on at least two occasions when we have finished third or fourth and lost the first week of the finals.

winning 4 games is very tough, but it can be done, Hawks 2015 ring a bell? they travelled to WA twice and still won convincingly in GF against guess who. This year we could win first week and basically no more travel until we win a flag. so Travel is out of the equation.

MaxHunt

Premiership Player
Jun 2, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Charlton FC
winning 4 games is very tough, but it can be done, Hawks 2015 ring a bell? they travelled to WA twice and still won convincingly in GF against guess who. This year we could win first week and basically no more travel until we win a flag. so Travel is out of the equation.
Yep. 2015, the year Freo cost us the Flag.

BlueandGoldforever

Cancelled
Apr 10, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
If we win first week we have to leave Perth so at least one week of travel if not two.

Apr 29, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
How are you already through to week 2 again?? you have to beat 1st team on wk 1 first. For the million times, Eagles need too finish top 2 to take advantage of their home ground, 4th and 5th not much of a difference TBH.

If we finish 4th and lose in wk 1 of finals, we are still alive in Wk 2.

If we finish 5th we have to win in wk 1 or else we are out

From 4th we are 3 wins from the flag

From 5th we are 4 wins from the flag

It isn't hard to understand

Here is the stat from 2010-2019 1st team playing 4th:

Wtf are you on about here and why did you quote me for your ramble?

Back