MVP as it should be based on the nominated players:
1. Nic Naitanui
2. Tom Hawkins
3. Harris Andrews
4. Travis Boak
5. Christian Petracca/Charlie Dixon

Who it invariably will be: Lachie Neale

I can actually see Nic taking this out.

This year has seen a really big shift in the external perceptions of Nic's and what he brings to the club.

It was evident to us after round 1 the he was in good nick and primed for a good season if he could stay on the park. He was our best in the early hub games debacle, and since about the Collingwood game you can hear in the way people talk about him that they have reevaluated his value to the team.

Could win MVP.

Maybe even Normy if we win the flag.

I can actually see Nic taking this out.

This year has seen a really big shift in the external perceptions of Nic's and what he brings to the club.

It was evident to us after round 1 the he was in good nick and primed for a good season if he could stay on the park. He was our best in the early hub games debacle, and since about the Collingwood game you can hear in the way people talk about him that they have reevaluated his value to the team.

Could win MVP.

Maybe even Normy if we win the flag.

Being that the award appears to be voted on over the next week I think a big game tonight would put him right in the ballpark.
I think it should be one of him or Hawkins.
Everyone else's influence pales in comparison.

Definitely Normy when we win the flag.

banner-arthur-and-eames-15138948-721-343.jpg

Thank god JD took Court and the kids the second time around.

He looked like a licorice all sorts in the first hub.

West Coast forward Jack Darling credits family for his improved road form as Eagles return home
West Coast are undaunted as they begin preparing for the finals series because if the flag can be won from outside the top four it will happen in 2020, according to forward Jack Darling.
Darling and his Eagles teammates returned to Perth from their second Gold Coast hub yesterday, without knowing where they will finish or which team they will face in the first week of the finals.
The 12-5 Eagles currently sit third having completed their regular season, but will need either Richmond or Geelong to be knocked over this weekend in order to remain in the top four and gain the double chance.

The Tigers take on last-placed Adelaide, who are riding a three-game winning streak, at Adelaide Oval at 3.10pm today. The Cats play 15th-placed Sydney at Metricon Stadium at 1.35pm tomorrow.
West Coast were knocked out in the second week by Geelong after finishing fifth last year, but could meet a rival on neutral turf this time with Victorian teams unable to host finals in Melbourne.
“I think top-four is good if you win your first game obviously, then you have another week off. That could be an advantage,” Darling said.
“But sometimes it’s good just to keep a roll-on from fifth and keep playing and you’re in a bit of a routine. Some teams don’t do well off a bye.
“It’s going to be interesting over the weekend. But I think if anyone can do it from fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth — I think this would be the year. There’s not too many home advantages.
“I’m proud of the boys. We’re just grinding out the wins and I think finals time we’ll have a good crack.”

Darling credited the presence of his wife Courtney and sons Max and Leo for his improved form in the club’s second hub.
Darling averaged 66 Champion Data ranking points on the first away stretch without his family and 81 ranking points the second time around, kicking eight goals in five games.
“It’s been great having them (on the Gold Coast). Just for my mental state, I love having them around,” he said.
“It’s just like being at home with the kids there. They’ve really sort of balanced me out a bit. Not over-thinking footy and stuff like that.
“They’ve got a lot of energy and they’re up early but they go to sleep early and they make me go to bed earlier too, because I’m knackered.”
It is yet to be decided if players’ families will be able to join them should the Eagles hit the road again during the finals.
Darling was confident he could form a viable key forward partnership with Oscar Allen if veteran Josh Kennedy was unavailable for West Coast’s first final.
The Eagles are hopeful Kennedy will be fit after rolling his ankle in Thursday’s night’s 15-point win over North Melbourne at Metricon Stadium, while they will also welcome back small forward Jamie Cripps for the first time since round 14.
Cripps returned home early so he could complete 14 days quarantine and attend the birth of his son Reif with partner Olivia this week.
“He’ll be buzzing with energy and he’ll give the boys a good lift,” Darling said.
“I can’t wait to see Crippa – I miss him. He’s so important to our structure.”

Given four wins in four weeks against the toughest opponents is a huge ask, I wonder if their sports psych might be suggesting: "okay boys we now have a bye and then one more home game. Win that and we are in the finals. Then we move to Qld for three must-win games".
That is, of course they all know it is the finals, but instead try to not over-emphasise it. Try to treat the EF as 'just' one more home game. Then three very important games back to back. Might just make an almost impossible four game streak into a slightly more manageable three game streak.

It is said that for those at the elitest level in good part it's a mind game. Maybe this could be one approach?

Given four wins in four weeks against the toughest opponents is a huge ask, I wonder if their sports psych might be suggesting: "okay boys we now have a bye and then one more home game. Win that and we are in the finals. Then we move to Qld for three must-win games".
That is, of course they all know it is the finals, but instead try to not over-emphasise it. Try to treat the EF as 'just' one more home game. Then three very important games back to back. Might just make an almost impossible four game streak into a slightly more manageable three game streak.

It is said that for those at the elitest level in good part it's a mind game. Maybe this could be one approach?

That's an angle they should work with, as staying up and about and going full tilt for 4 games in a row is tough. De-emphasize the EF, as WC should take care of business regardless. Then provide a motivating theme for the finals, perhaps along the lines of winning it all for Nic, Shep and Gaff, so as to rally the boys to be all-in for a cause.

That’s exactly how I’m breaking it down.

Maybe go even further. Win 1 game at home in front of fans. Then win just 2 away games to make the Grand Final.

Then it’s just one big win.

Last edited:
That's an angle they should work with, as staying up and about and going full tilt for 4 games in a row is tough. De-emphasize the EF, as WC should take care of business regardless. Then provide a motivating theme for the finals, perhaps along the lines of winning it all for Nic, Shep and Gaff, so as to rally the boys to be all-in for a cause.
Intensity goes up in finals. We have to increase our intensity to win, so no - they should not treat it as round 19.

If we can flick the switch we are as good a chance as any this year, our best is right up there. Instead of looking to try and get there for 12 quarters, they should just aim for 16.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

SEN's final rolling All Australian team.

3 West Coast players made it. Equal most (tied with Geelong).

Nice to see Sheppard get some love. Interesting that Kennedy made it. Has had a good year, if a bit uneven and hot/cold.

Ryan missing out and going for Papley is a glaring omission.

View attachment 963654
For that small fwd position the selectors should ask themselves if this was a legit team would they want papley or ryan.

Guarantee ryan would be miles ahead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard Simmo talk on radio just now, and it didn't sound good re: Yeo.

Basically said he is only running in straight lines and reading between the lines basically said that Yeo has run out of time to get over his injury and get match fit.

Wouldn't be surprised if the next injury report puts a line through him for the rest of the season.

Wouldn't be surprised if the next injury report puts a line through him for the rest of the season.

I reckon they’ll keep stringing it out just to keep our opponents guessing, like with NicNat in 2017.

What do you guys mean win it from 5th?

We're about to witness the upset of the year as Sydney takes the chocolate's 😂

The WA government has granted 7 day quarantine for travelling teams on the proviso the two teams don't play in the quarantine period.

We come out of quarantine on Saturday morning.
Well I bloody hope its a Saturday DAY game.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Heard Simmo talk on radio just now, and it didn't sound good re: Yeo.

Basically said he is only running in straight lines and reading between the lines basically said that Yeo has run out of time to get over his injury and get match fit.

Disappointing because he is our contested and tackling beast. Look at how our tackling as dropped off since shuey and Yeo have been out. We have only won games because we still have some other topend class

I still think on a dry day our best is better than anyones inc richmond and we can still compete with them when its a bit slippery. But with our best mids still not in or just coming back it is a big ask. Still have to get past whoever finishes 8 as well and it is likely collingwood who are never easy to beat in finals

Back