• No

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Why shouldn’t they? It is not exactly prison. We have been shafted for 34 years over fixturing and the moment another club has to do something out of the ordinary against us, most of this board become apologists.

If we earn the right to host a home final; then we deserve the right to host it.

As much as you would like to claim it as an afl conspiracy its the governments ruling which puts all this in doubt....

If the issue is fairness then the eagles shpuld do hotel quarantine also to even it out.....

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

As much as you would like to claim it as an afl conspiracy its the governments ruling which puts all this in doubt....

If the issue is fairness then the eagles shpuld do hotel quarantine also to even it out.....

One week in hotel quarantine is an acceptable compromise from the government. If this gets canned blame should be heaped onto the AFL. Similarly to how when we proposed the North game to be played in Perth for the benefit of both teams, I imagine some teams have sooked. Assuming of course its true.

Spare me. Do you want to go through every fixture of the last 34 years to talk about fairness?

We are entitled to a home final and therefore we should receive it.

Do you wake up every morning and apologise for breathing?

Spare me. Do you want to go through every fixture of the last 34 years to talk about fairness?

We are entitled to a home final and therefore we should receive it.

Do you wake up every morning and apologise for breathing?

Oh for heavens sake... get over it.. its never going to be a fair competition whether its us, port, the suns or north melbourne... .. stop supporting the club if you dont like it.

As me apologising for breathing??? Really? Are you 3?

Oh for heavens sake... get over it.. its never going to be a fair competition whether its us, port, the suns or north melbourne... .. stop supporting the club if you dont like it.

As me apologising for breathing??? Really? Are you 3?

Why should I stop supporting the club? Your comment makes no sense but then again you probably apologise every morning for being alive.

Do you realise why we have a ladder? It is to reward the sides that finish higher up with the reward of home finals.

If you can’t understand that you should keep on repeating grade one.

Perfectly understand why we have a ladder but if governments wont allow a game to go ahead or put conditions in place that makes the game difficult to go ahead then blame them. Not the afl. Its not their responsibility to bend things around if it is too difficult or places an added burden to teams... if we arent good enough to beat 8th wherever its played then blame the players but its much easier to blame the big bad afl.

If they're more interested in the number 1 pick than the number 2 pick and pride, then their culture is irrevocably shot.

They'll still lose but they'll give it their best.

Agree, 2 clubs that actively tanked for picks 1 in the last 2 decades are still mediocre. Its part of their culture now.

The problem is they all could be getting their info from the West Australian newspaper which claimed it to be factual last night. Hardie might have gotten it from an inside source within an hour or so of him saying it on radio. It may have reversed overnight due to the likeliness of a certain powerful team who about ten minutes ago became the likely team to fly over and play us.

Just on finals - there is an online Herald Sun article stating Vic Clubs have been told which grounds they can host finals at.

Anyone got access and can list the options?

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m in the Yeo won’t be back camp.

Sounds out of media not promising and the video with Jetta just about seals it for me.

Hopefully I’m pleasantly surprised.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

I'm not worried about Richmond. We might not even meet them in the finals .

Finals.png

Of course this relies on them losing next week to Adelaide but a man can dream can't he? Besides, it's not that unrealistic - a currently very in form Adelaide playing at home desperate to avoid their first ever wooden spoon against a side having travelled and also due a loss after 5 wins on the trot.

Last edited:
Agree, 2 clubs that actively tanked for picks 1 in the last 2 decades are still mediocre. Its part of their culture now.

So true. Someone posted an image of that print put out by Carlton in 2008 celebrating 3 years of number 1 picks.

They actually embraced finishing last for 3 years in a row.

Chris Judd himself has spoken about the cultural difference between West Coast and Carlton. The Eagles are a club so driven to succeed that even its rookies yearn for that taste of a premiership. They live and breathe it.

Carlton, on the other hand are a club who believe a premiership is their right, but have lost the passion and drive to claim it.

That’s what spending close to half a decade chasing priority picks does.

I would've thought quarantining for less than 14 days defeats the point of quarantine. More political stunt about being tough than anything to do with the dynamics of being infected with a virus.

Better off allowing the fly in/out and with the rigourous daily testing given that only people with an active (read positive test) infection will pass it on.

Onya Marko.

Perfectly understand why we have a ladder but if governments wont allow a game to go ahead or put conditions in place that makes the game difficult to go ahead then blame them. Not the afl. Its not their responsibility to bend things around if it is too difficult or places an added burden to teams... if we arent good enough to beat 8th wherever its played then blame the players but its much easier to blame the big bad afl.

But the WA Government has, and is still wiling to host games in Perth. There is nothing onerous about spending seven nights in a five star hotel. Why don’t you read about what the Wallabies have to endure to play a Test match in NZ. It is far more onerous but they are going ahead with it.

If other non-Victorian teams are being rewarded with home finals then the Eagles should be too. There are two weeks between the last home and away game and the first final.

There is no excuse from the AFL not to give the Eagles a home final, which would be played in front of the biggest crowd any state can hold, thereby bringing in much needed revenue.

More i think about it 4th is a better option than a home game. Think he players would think that also having to play one less game if they went straight through to a prelim.
Seriously, how it is even a question?

Of course 4th is better. Already through to wk 2 at least. 3 wins from the flag instead of 4.

I think that 4th>5th

In a normal year, the gap between finishing 4th v finishing 5th is probably the biggest gab in the entire league re finals.

This year the gap is significantly smaller than in previous years. The benefits of finishing 4th (home prelim) are diluted while the challenges of finishing 5th (playing 4 finals, 3 away) are also diluted and not as challenging than in previous years (due to no HGA for Vic teams, shorter quarters).

In essence, 4th isn't as good as it usually is and 5th isn't as daunting.

Back