Game Day Eagles AFLW Round 1 v Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

YES YES YES

Great fight by the girls.

I did laugh, there were more girls on the inside of the circle for their first win, than the few on the outside, as they banged out the team song.

Excellent win and the spirit in the group was palpable and the squad barracking from the Eagles balcony.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

But great to see Port fans truly embrace the AFLW by whinging at the same level they do for mens games.

My favourite was our defender who stood her ground, and took the mark despite being cannoned into by your forward, and was rewarded by having to hand the pill over and watch it sail over her head.

Day one!

chef’s kiss

My favourite was our defender who stood her ground, and took the mark despite being cannoned into by your forward, and was rewarded by having to hand the pill over and watch it sail over her head.

Day one!

chef’s kiss
My favourite was when we won

Day one!

chef’s kiss
Tough to swallow. Your squad is well built and you’ve got a bright future I reckon

All the best for the rest of the season

Tough to swallow. Your squad is well built and you’ve got a bright future I reckon

All the best for the rest of the season

It’s only taken one match to go from “just happy to finally be involved” to “my p¡ss will remain boiling until some time next year”, so that’s a genuine plus.

You too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Day one!

chef’s kiss

Salty and with vinegar.

images-5.jpg

One thing that really impressed me was the massive improvement in our fitness.

Gives me some hope that, The Cub now has a better understanding of the importance of your team being up to the standard fitness wise.

The ball movement for the most part was a level or three above the last few years.

I think we're understating the fact that we beat a team with Gemma Houghton and Erin Phillips as their main forwards.

Up. the bloody. coasters.

I think we're understating the fact that we beat a team with Gemma Houghton and Erin Phillips as their main forwards.

Up. the bloody. coasters.

I wasn't aware that Houghton had committed to us in the off season and then reneged at the last minute.
It was mentioned several times by the commentators.

Gives me even more reason to dislike her.

I wasn't aware that Houghton had committed to us in the off season and then reneged at the last minute.
It was mentioned several times by the commentators.

Gives me even more reason to dislike her.
I think that’s an error

One thing that really impressed me was the massive improvement in our fitness.

Gives me some hope that The Cub now has a better understanding of the importance of your team being up to the standard fitness wise.

The ball movement for the most part was a level or three above the last few years.

Still lots of rushed kicks which were turned straight over. Probably need to adjust away from dumping the ball down the line.

Port got on top through their aerial prowess I thought. Clunked lots of marks when we weren't sticking any. Coupled with their pressure around the ball it gave them cleaner ball movement than we could manufacture in those middle quarters.

Go and post your votes - time to give the girls game day the threads they deserve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back