Rumour Eagles after Jordan Clark in 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Lions after jarrod cameron in 2019

Heard it here first. Lions have monitored him in his draft year only to be beaten to the punch by the Eagles. Cameron already not happy at the Eagles and looking to join his big bro in Brisbane. Apparently not interested in going going to the Gold Coast.
:moustache:
Where he will be injured half the time. Still manage to get captaincy because the Lions are desperate to give it to anyone half decent... that's half decent bloke as well as a half decent footballer. Zorko, really? Will bleed the club of $$ for a few years. Then come back to where he belongs after they delist his crab brother.

Lions after jarrod cameron in 2019

Heard it here first. Lions have monitored him in his draft year only to be beaten to the punch by the Eagles. Cameron already not happy at the Eagles and looking to join his big bro in Brisbane. Apparently not interested in going going to the Gold Coast.
:moustache:
Unfortunately for you Jarrod said in his presser he didn’t want to play under his brother’s shadow so was stoked to be picked up by WCE.

I've heard the Eagles are going to offer up a multitude of junk picks then cry foul when their 'fair' offer is completely shot down.

Yep those two junk picks netted them nothing in the draft.:thumbsu::D

Thank goodness Wells stuck to his guns. Eagles turned two junk picks into three 2nd rounders in 2018 PLUS the Swans 2nd next year.:)

Yep those two junk picks netted them nothing in the draft.:thumbsu::D

Thank goodness Wells stuck to his guns. Eagles turned two junk picks into three 2nd rounders in 2018 PLUS the Swans 2nd next year.:)
Spewing we kept Kelly and managed to snare Clark. Darn it, if only we had those 2nd rounders... :D:D:D

Spewing we kept Kelly and managed to snare Clark. Darn it, if only we had those 2nd rounders... :D:D:D

Can't see what the 2nd rounds have to do with Clark:huh:, nothing actually.o_O You will be lucky to see Clark play a single game next season.

Enjoy watching your stale list get older and slower buddy.:thumbsu:

Cats could have turned two 2nd rounders into four second round picks and actually done something about refreshing their list. Instead you stared a gift horse in the mouth to retain a player for 12 months who didn't want to be there. Topped up with a couple of aging b graders and went deep into the draft with picks in the 4th round. So much for those 2nd rounders being worthless.

Xavier O'Neil, Luke Foley and Baily Williams plus the Swans 2nd pick in 2019 would have gone quite a long way to turning the cats list around. But Wells had to try and save face after poor due diligence last draft with Kelly.

I actually feel sorry for Dangerfield, he moved to win a flag and looks like he is going to miss out due to poor list management.

Can't see what the 2nd rounds have to do with Clark:huh:, nothing actually.o_O You will be lucky to see Clark play a single game next season.

Enjoy watching your stale list get older and slower buddy.:thumbsu:

Cats could have turned two 2nd rounders into four second round picks and actually done something about refreshing their list. Instead you stared a gift horse in the mouth to retain a player for 12 months who didn't want to be there. Topped up with a couple of aging b graders and went deep into the draft with picks in the 4th round. So much for those 2nd rounders being worthless.

Xavier O'Neil, Luke Foley and Baily Williams plus the Swans 2nd pick in 2019 would have gone quite a long way to turning the cats list around. But Wells had to try and save face after poor due diligence last draft with Kelly.

I actually feel sorry for Dangerfield, he moved to win a flag and looks like he is going to miss out due to poor list management.
Good to see how happy you are then. I'm personally shattered we managed to keep a hold of Kelly as well as picking up the young gun in Clark rather than getting those 2nd rounders. :D:D:D

Xavier O'Neil, Luke Foley and Baily Williams plus the Swans 2nd pick in 2019 would have gone quite a long way to turning the cats list around.

But now we get Kelly for another season, and who knows where he ends up next season or what we get for him. I haven't met a single Geelong supporter that's upset that we kept Kelly in lieu of a couple 2nd rounders. I've met a lot of Eagles supporters that are salty they didn't get Kelly for those two 2nd rounders though. Speaks volumes really :D

But now we get Kelly for another season, and who knows where he ends up next season or what we get for him. I haven't met a single Geelong supporter that's upset that we kept Kelly in lieu of a couple 2nd rounders. I've met a lot of Eagles supporters that are salty they didn't get Kelly for those two 2nd rounders though. Speaks volumes really :D
It was two late second rounders

The mods in here just ban gfc posters
This is total crap
Club allegiance plays no roll. Content drives the actions.

As I posted this thread is not as titled however. Report it to the Mods if its something that needs attention.

Go Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You did well to keep Kelly for another year and you've given yourself the best chance possible at winning a flag this year as a result.

But if you're going to flaunt anecdotal statements as fact, you need to get it right. There were more draft picks involved than 2 second rounders. 3 second rounders at the very least, possibly with something coming back.

If Geelong had made the trade and moved picks around like we did, they'd have walked away with an additional 5 second round picks for 2018 & 2019. You would have been in the mix to walk away with a combination or ALL of Ian Hill, Luke Valente & Bailey Williams (As an example of highly rated & available talent) in addition to Jordan Clark PLUS two second round draft picks in 2019. You filled 7 spots in the draft & through rookie elevation, you certainly had the space for some good young talent.

In hindsight it would have been a bad call to trade that away for a player who's played 1 year of AFL (Albeit at an elite level by any standards) who is likely to come to us in another 12 months. That's not to say it was a bad call by Geelong - they did what they thought gave them the best chance at a Flag tilt this year. But it would have been to a damaging cost for WCE to have made that trade.

Again getting Clark has nothing to do with Kelly or the 2nd rounders.

School holidays started obviously.
Geelong keep Kelly and manage to take WA's best and brightest young prospect in Clark, hard not to be stoked with that result. Why would we be upset that we didn't land WCE's couple of late 2nd rounders again? :D:D:D

Geelong keep Kelly and manage to take WA's best and brightest young prospect in Clark, hard not to be stoked with that result. Why would we be upset that we didn't land WCE's couple of late 2nd rounders again? :D:D:D

So the 1st and 3rd pick of the second round are late second round picks.

Cool story bro.

Yep. School holidays.

Obviously did not do so good at maths.
So the 1st and 3rd pick of the second round are late second round picks.

Cool story bro.
No need to rub it in fellas, I'm absolutely gutted we managed to keep hold of Kelly and then also pick up WA's best and brightest young talent in Clark at the draft. If only we had those two 2nd round picks...:mad::mad:

So pick 27 and 30 for Kelly
Cool, use an early pick get back 2 later picks, yup that would be a good get for gfc

You do realise that we traded the original two 2nd round picks with Sydney and Gold Coast?
We originally had picks 20 and 22, but through Academy picks and our trading on draft day we moved ourselves down the draft while picking up Sydney's 2nd round pick for next year.

So effectively you gave up pick 27, 30 and Sydney's 2nd round pick next year for Kelly...

See how it all ends up in a few years.

So effectively you gave up pick 27, 30 and Sydney's 2nd round pick next year for Kelly...

See how it all ends up in a few years.

And we’re all very happy we gave up 27, 30 and Sydney’s 2nd next year to keep Kelly.

Wouldn’t matter what happens really in the next few years. Geelong could win a Flag with Kelly this season or Geelong could miss the 8 and watch Kelly walk to the draft and end up at the Blues or Fremantle for nothing. Doesn’t change that they made the right call to keep Kelly.

And we’re all very happy we gave up 27, 30 and Sydney’s 2nd next year to keep Kelly.

Wouldn’t matter what happens really in the next few years. Geelong could win a Flag with Kelly this season or Geelong could miss the 8 and watch Kelly walk to the draft and end up at the Blues or Fremantle for nothing. Doesn’t change that they made the right call to keep Kelly.
Disagree with your way of viewing things, very single minded.

But fair enough, I'll believe in seeing how it plays out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back