Eagles' answer to the Cats' trinity

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Victorian nervousness”

Seriously, do the people who parrot this stuff know how utterly stupid they sound?

I can guarantee you that if their own club doesn’t win the flag, 90% of Victorians would far prefer it was won by an interstate club like West Coast than a rival Melbourne club.
So watch out all you know-alls
All you wise men from the east
You’ll get more than just a footy game
You'll get a West Coast Eagles fea
st

:think:

Yet when Kennedy & Darling both missed, the unholy trinity were still not able to carry them across the line ... :rolleyes:

A lot was made of Geelong's holy trinity going into this year. They were going to the best midfield ever assembled and take Geelong back to premiership contention. I think we can safely say that this has been a bit of a bust given they've also had the best defence of the year and best forward in Hawkins yet languish outside of the 8.

What we as a community didn't take into consideration was the glorious emergence of West Coast's midfield - increasingly apparent with the rise of Victorian nervousness as the season has progressed. With Elliot Yeo becoming increasingly Fyfe-like, Gaff reaching another God-like level and Shuey continuing to be the star he has been for years, I think we are beginning to see the origins of the unholy trinity .
giphy.gif

0_Andrew-Brayshaw-left-the-ground-bleeding-from-the-mouth-after-an-incident-involving-Andrew-Gaff.jpg

proxy.php

It's been a while since West Coast's midfield has had the required campaigner for success - the do-whatever-it-takes attitude of the mid 00s. I, along with all other football supporters, am excited to see two of the unholy trinity become premiership heroes later this year.
Were you sitting astride a Sybian when you wrote this?

This is just silly all three of the current players are far better than the 2006 ones.
They're no Judd, Cousins, Kerr though, Ablett at his best obviously better than those guys, Danger of 2016 can be compared. Joel Selwood too is better than Yeo, Gaff or Shuey.

It is a holey trinity.
By which I meanm our midfield has holes in it which we don't have naitanui to plug anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which is more arrogant?

a) Basil's question about whether the Eagles are arrogant
b) Simmo's response to Basil's question on arrogance
c) The Brayshaws arrogantly accepting Gaff's apology
d) Gaff's petunias, undoubtedly delivered in a vase of arrogance
e) This thread
f) All of the above
Well the fact you have so many options listed, reeks of arrogance on another level. Supreme arrogance you would say.

Horrible thread. Only link with those midfielders is that Shuey and Selwood look for high contact, Gaff and Yeo compete and are happy to work their ass off when things don't go their way rather then the Geelong Crew. Oh that and Gaff/Selwood/Ablett/Dangerfield will all be planning september holidays

“Victorian nervousness”

Seriously, do the people who parrot this stuff know how utterly stupid they sound?

I can guarantee you that if their own club doesn’t win the flag, 90% of Victorians would far prefer it was won by an interstate club like West Coast than a rival Melbourne club.

None of these Perth flogs understand this.

Horrible thread. Only link with those midfielders is that Shuey and Selwood look for high contact, Shuey and Yeo compete and are happy to work their ass off when things don't go their way rather then the Geelong Crew. Oh that and Gaff/Selwood/Ablett/Dangerfield will all be planning september holidays
EFA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back