Eagles' answer to the Cats' trinity

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot was made of Geelong's holy trinity going into this year. They were going to the best midfield ever assembled and take Geelong back to premiership contention. I think we can safely say that this has been a bit of a bust given they've also had the best defence of the year and best forward in Hawkins yet languish outside of the 8.

What we as a community didn't take into consideration was the glorious emergence of West Coast's midfield - increasingly apparent with the rise of Victorian nervousness as the season has progressed. With Elliot Yeo becoming increasingly Fyfe-like, Gaff reaching another God-like level and Shuey continuing to be the star he has been for years, I think we are beginning to see the origins of the unholy trinity .
giphy.gif

0_Andrew-Brayshaw-left-the-ground-bleeding-from-the-mouth-after-an-incident-involving-Andrew-Gaff.jpg

proxy.php

It's been a while since West Coast's midfield has had the required campaigner for success - the do-whatever-it-takes attitude of the mid 00s. I, along with all other football supporters, am excited to see two of the unholy trinity become premiership heroes later this year.
Duuuuuuuude. Blue and Gold bleeder here, but I draw the line and having 3 sets of balls on my chin.

I've asked this question on several occasions, but it seems particularly pertinent just now. Is there something in the water in Perth?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot was made of Geelong's holy trinity going into this year. They were going to the best midfield ever assembled and take Geelong back to premiership contention. I think we can safely say that this has been a bit of a bust given they've also had the best defence of the year and best forward in Hawkins yet languish outside of the 8.

What we as a community didn't take into consideration was the glorious emergence of West Coast's midfield - increasingly apparent with the rise of Victorian nervousness as the season has progressed. With Elliot Yeo becoming increasingly Fyfe-like, Gaff reaching another God-like level and Shuey continuing to be the star he has been for years, I think we are beginning to see the origins of the unholy trinity .
giphy.gif

0_Andrew-Brayshaw-left-the-ground-bleeding-from-the-mouth-after-an-incident-involving-Andrew-Gaff.jpg

proxy.php

It's been a while since West Coast's midfield has had the required campaigner for success - the do-whatever-it-takes attitude of the mid 00s. I, along with all other football supporters, am excited to see two of the unholy trinity become premiership heroes later this year.

Interesting. There are certainly some similarities between Selwood and Shuey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back