Up the Coasters Eagles are the 2018 premiers!!!!

WCE Wizard

Premiership Player
Jun 14, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Doesn’t feel like it’s been 50 odd days since the win. I’ve been watching videos most days, either the game itself, the season highlights video, all the player profile videos from the club website. I can’t get enough of it. Don’t want 2018 to ever end!!!!
In all my time as an eagles supporter 2018 has been by far the best season EVER (PS i was not in Australia for 1992 and 1994)
IMG_1932.JPG

Coasters7

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
How refreshing is it hearing it with different commentary. Feel like radio commentators do it more justice, as their voice and emotion is the only way they’re conveying the game. (Could also be the fact that I’ve probably watched BTs “needs to be inch perfect, he is!” 100 times to this point and am desensitised to it)

Also.. how salty was McClure in that first one

Candiru

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Still can't really believe we won that.

Collingwood had two shots smothered within 20 metres of goal but we just held on and cleared it with an arsey kick that could have landed anywhere. Then that famous play that ended with Sheed's goal. Then Darling fluffs that mark and we have to hang on. Crazy finish.

06Premiers

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Lakers
How refreshing is it hearing it with different commentary. Feel like radio commentators do it more justice, as their voice and emotion is the only way they’re conveying the game. (Could also be the fact that I’ve probably watched BTs “needs to be inch perfect, he is!” 100 times to this point and am desensitised to it)

Also.. how salty was McClure in that first one

BT's call of the Sheed goal will go down in history, and I think he was pretty good in the moment. If only Lingy the campaigner hadn't ruined it with his complaining about the "block".

How do the others compare for the final siren? Bruce's line about a big one doesn't sit right with me.

Also, can I grab that Dropbox link if you're still handing them out.

Aug 14, 2005
NoR
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
lakers, nufc, subi, colts
I enjoyed Garry Lyon on SEN about 5 minutes after the siren. He sums up the game and he seemed very genuine when he said "eagles, you were magnificent" For all his negativety over the years this was nice to hear

I listened to the KRock radio commentary and Darren Berry, after the Sheed goal he said the Pies had 1:40 left to keep the cup in Melbourne. He also tipped Collingwood pre-game for the only reason he wanted the cup to stay in Melbourne also.

Felt good to let him down.

Aug 14, 2005
NoR
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
lakers, nufc, subi, colts
I listened to the KRock radio commentary and Darren Berry, after the Sheed goal he said the Pies had 1:40 left to keep the cup in Melbourne. He also tipped Collingwood pre-game for the only reason he wanted the cup to stay in Melbourne also.

Felt good to let him down.
First rate campaigner that bloke. Legit campaigner on and off the field

Oct 1, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, West Perth, All Blacks
He rated himself as a better all-round player than Gilchrist, say no more

Don't know how true this is, but I heard a story years ago (possibly from Ryan Campbell's brother) about Darren Berry that the reason Ryan Campbell started using the scoop shot was because he was trying to hit Darren Berry between the eyes with it the first time he attempted it.

Just about sums him up.

Back