Up the Coasters Eagles are the 2018 premiers!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

The photo of that (beautiful) arrogant campaigner holding his Eagles scarf up to farewell the Tigers from the field after their preliminary final loss got me wondering...

So what is the most surprising or uplifting place you have seen an Eagles jumper being worn, apart from the premiership dais?

Watched the final 15 mins yesterday morning, happened to be on Fox Footy. Amazing how many times Pies could have kicked the killer the goal but we just always managed to get our body in the way. Super intense stuff.

Anyone got a copy of Fox Footballs coverage of the Eagles vs Melbourne prelim game. Im particularly interested in pre game, half time and post game discussion side of things

The photo of that (beautiful) arrogant campaigner holding his Eagles scarf up to farewell the Tigers from the field after their preliminary final loss got me wondering...

So what is the most surprising or uplifting place you have seen an Eagles jumper being worn, apart from the premiership dais?
I reckon I see someone in an Eagles item of clothing nearly everywhere i go ir watch on tv.

In NYC I had my Eagles hoodie on and saw a bloke in am Eagles scarf on one of those Hudson river city cruises.

We both did the "heyyyy" point

I always see the logo or a guernsey in the background of the cricket nearly every game.

Were everywhere

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

European holiday a few years back, we were everywhere. Was minding my own business admiring the lake at Hallstatt when I bumped into a group of four Eagles fans (from my part of Perth too, was surreal), in Salzburg heading towards the Xmas markets, I hear "I never thought I'd see a fellow Eagles fan in Salzburg". The funniest part about that one was it was an English accent. Then at Neuschwanstein Castle I hear "are you from Perth too?"

Was a great trip.

Anyway, re-watched the Prelim, for the first time since being there.

In terms of a pure expression of our gameplan in action, this was perfect. Unbelievable performance. And the crowd! Incredible! The Eeeeeeeeeagles chat at half time sent shivers up my spine, followed by a chorus of boos as Melbourne trudged off the field :moustache: So happy to have been part of both.

I actually forgot Shuey went off with a foot/ankle injury, and was iced up at the end of the game. Anyone know what happened there, and how he recovered so well?

Flyin' Ryan was close to BOG. Most repeat sprint efforts on the ground by anyone. His run through the middle of the ground, handball to himself racing away from Lewis and Jones to set up Venables was Matera-esque. I really hope his preseason issues have been exaggerated. He is a rare talent.

Clayton Oliver is quite possibly the biggest w***er in the game. His sook to the umpires at quarter time (or it might have been half time) was hilarious. I really do hate that little &%(#.

You campaigners know what happens next :moustache:

The first 20 seconds of that game were so symbolic. Getting it forward and then JK just absolutely murders that dude in a tackle. Kind of showed the difference in intensity even that early on

Anyway, re-watched the Prelim, for the first time since being there.

In terms of a pure expression of our gameplan in action, this was perfect. Unbelievable performance. And the crowd! Incredible! The Eeeeeeeeeagles chat at half time sent shivers up my spine, followed by a chorus of boos as Melbourne trudged off the field :moustache: So happy to have been part of both.

I actually forgot Shuey went off with a foot/ankle injury, and was iced up at the end of the game. Anyone know what happened there, and how he recovered so well?

Flyin' Ryan was close to BOG. Most repeat sprint efforts on the ground by anyone. His run through the middle of the ground, handball to himself racing away from Lewis and Jones to set up Venables was Matera-esque. I really hope his preseason issues have been exaggerated. He is a rare talent.

Clayton Oliver is quite possibly the biggest w***er in the game. His sook to the umpires at quarter time (or it might have been half time) was hilarious. I really do hate that little &%(#.

:moustache:
I second that. But maybe only the second biggest w***er in the game behind Toby Greene.
And that Prelim final against Melbourne was unbelievable. An experience to be remembered for a long time by those lucky souls,like me, that were there to see it. Sent shock waves all the way back to Melbourne about what Collingwood were about to face next week in the Grand Final. And you campaigners know what happened next ..... WE STUCK IT UP EM !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone got a copy of Fox Footballs coverage of the Eagles vs Melbourne prelim game. Im particularly interested in pre game, half time and post game discussion side of things

I'll see what I can do later, but the best of the coverage is at half-time when the camera goes into the room with Eddie/Roos/Lyon and Dermie. I honestly laughed out loud. It's like they were crossing to a morgue. Paul Roos seriously looks like someone died, Lyon is understandably distraught and disgusted. Eddie is clearly thinking, gee maybe we should have gotten someone who has some interest in WC winning on the panel.

And Dermie is sitting there offering his platitudes and clearly not as affected, he so badly wants to take the piss but everyone is so damn sombre.

It's A++++ entertainment.

I'll see what I can do later, but the best of the coverage is at half-time when the camera goes into the room with Eddie/Roos/Lyon and Dermie. I honestly laughed out loud. It's like they were crossing to a morgue. Paul Roos seriously looks like someone died, Lyon is understandably distraught and disgusted. Eddie is clearly thinking, gee maybe we should have gotten someone who has some interest in WC winning on the panel.

And Dermie is sitting there offering his platitudes and clearly not as affected, he so badly wants to take the piss but everyone is so damn sombre.

Let me know if you can find the footage - I'd love to see their tears.

Yeah if you could find it, that'd be awesome

111289e13ee4785fd01df0952efbc59b.jpg

I reckon someone should sell this as wallpaper. Reckon it'd make a good backdrop for my living room that's for sure

Remove this Banner Ad

Back