Up the Coasters Eagles are the 2018 premiers!!!!

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
I just can’t let it go. I’ve been watching any video on YouTube I can find of season highlights, finals highlights, alternate commentary of the last 5 minutes, all the footy shows from GF week. I love the cricket too but just don’t want this premiership to die!!!
Yep, often a last minute viewing before retiring to bed, just scan youtube for a quick fix.
Re-watched 'On The Couch'(the post GF special) last night with a gushing Jonathan Brown and ol' Sad Sack eating humble pie. More than anything people were pleased it was a rollercoaster game with a thrilling end.
And what an ending...

FatPizza

Premiership Player
May 25, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Haha OMG, really?

Never knew that. Brings a whole knew meaning to the phrase now

De-Goey-s-in-the-goalsquare-Or-is-he.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2004
AFL Club
West Coast
There's gotta be some sort of vision issue with the Ch7 commentary teams.

Bruce in the last couple of minutes... "Shuey from the pocket" was actually at half forward kicking to Darling (for that drop) in the pocket.

And then right before the siren... "Collingwood out of that centre" when Pendlebury kicked if from his half back into the centre, to where Yeo was who sent it back to half forward.

Although I do like me a bit of some "Sheed, ay?"

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
There's gotta be some sort of vision issue with the Ch7 commentary teams.

Bruce in the last couple of minutes... "Shuey from the pocket" was actually at half forward kicking to Darling (for that drop) in the pocket.

And then right before the siren... "Collingwood out of that centre" when Pendlebury kicked if from his half back into the centre, to where Yeo was who sent it back to half forward.

Although I do like me a bit of some "Sheed, ay?"
It’s definitely eh

Ay has a different tone

bombard

Premiership Player
Apr 29, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Poor old Bruce has lost it. He's just incapable of meaningful contribution now. "Sheed, ey?" (You campaigners got it wrong) was no more useless than the rest of his call. Time to hang up the boots.

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Poor old Bruce has lost it. He's just incapable of meaningful contribution now. "Sheed, ey?" (You campaigners got it wrong) was no more useless than the rest of his call. Time to hang up the boots.
Yeah he’s so cooked

Darling had the potential to go down an absolute HERO if he swallowed up that juicy kick from Shuey and sunk the goal :(

Seriously to kick the winning/sealer goal in a GF after the first half he had and all the crititicism he's suffered in his AFL journey would have been glorious.

Would have shut everybody up for years and gone down in history as one of the best grand final halves from any player, lifting his team for the win.

Alas, unfortunately i think his 2nd half performance was diminished significantly, due to him adding yet another chapter to his growing Benny Hill clip.

Thank god we won.

May 2, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Darling had the potential to go down an absolute HERO if he swallowed up that juicy kick from Shuey and sunk the goal :(

Seriously to kick the winning/sealer goal in a GF after the first half he had and all the crititicism he's suffered in his AFL journey would have been glorious.

Would have shut everybody up for years and gone down in history as one of the best grand final halves from any player, lifting his team for the win.

Alas, unfortunately i think his 2nd half performance was diminished significantly, due to him adding yet another chapter to his growing Benny Hill clip.

Thank god we won.
Ellis-Yolman would’ve gobbled that up for sure.

Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast

Thank god we won.

I think his 3rd quarter did enough to prove a few wrong and he was getting plenty of love from the commentary team during it. He took a heap of big grabs, kicked a goal and setup what should’ve been an easy Lycett goal. Unfortunately, he’ll be remembered for the dropped mark which is unfair given how how he turned it around in the second half

Nah. 3rd quarter Jack is where it's at, the only dropped mark I hold against Jack is his short step against the Dogs in the '16 elim.

Darling tried his arse off all day. He was working so hard in the 2nd quarter but Howe was wearing him like a glove. Broke the shackles 3rd term and got us into a position to win the game.

Darling is walk up start at 18 AFL footy clubs, no matter what the haters want to say about him.

Dec 19, 2007
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
soccer rugby union and le
The thing i just cant understand about Darling is the first half; He looked like he had lead boots on.The commentary team commented on him quite a bit.Langdon was out running and out jumping him.If a smaller bloke is doing you for agility why not change tactics.Hes as strong as a mallee bull so he should just stand still in some of these contests and shove the little men around.If they put a big bloke on him then go to running and jumping.He just didnt adapt his game to suit the ongoing situation.That third quarter got us seriously into the game but the first half and the dropped mark had me tearing my hair out.If the Woods guy hadnt panicked and gone the torp who knows? We beat Port with 25seconds on the clock.Colliwobbles had over a minute.If i was Darling/and WC id be keeping my eye on Brander and Allen.

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast

Thank god we won.
Marsden also could have brought the house down if he nailed that goal after a rare contested mark.

Both would have been such good moments but they ****ed it up.

I hate the fact that Darling dropped that. It ruined the moment for me.

Sack Woosha

^ Exactly.

Him dropping that mark and "doing a Darling" just shoots himself in the foot so badly. His overall game and season suffered due to that moment IMO.

Yes he had a career season and was the best player in the comp in the first half, yes his season overall was excellent.. but that mark, wowee BT.

I don't regret much from that day, but the simple act of taking that mark and slotting the goal would have been MASSIVE for the bloke. Pisses me off.

JackDoff

Senior List
Apr 22, 2012
South Coast
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Demons
Nah. 3rd quarter Jack is where it's at, the only dropped mark I hold against Jack is his short step against the Dogs in the '16 elim.

Darling tried his arse off all day. He was working so hard in the 2nd quarter but Howe was wearing him like a glove. Broke the shackles 3rd term and got us into a position to win the game.

Darling is walk up start at 18 AFL footy clubs, no matter what the haters want to say about him.

Don't think anyone is putting s**t on Jack for his GF performance.. The point Dark Sharks made is that by taking that (very easy) mark Darling could have put all the previous negative comment to bed once and for all and become a GF legend. BUT he muffed it in the crucial moment like he has in the past.Its a real shame for him but he has to wear that now.
However he was a great contributor in the 3rd qtr and we wouldn't have won without that effort. Plus he had a stellar season and absolutely deserves his medal.
It just could so easily have been a fairytale finish for Jack - but you drop one easy mark,or f..k one little goat, and you know what happens.

Jun 24, 2009
In your dreams
AFL Club
West Coast

I think the problem is that he insists on making every sentence a question.
To which I reply to the screen "you tell me".

Astro7

Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
It just could so easily have been a fairytale finish for Jack - but you drop one easy mark, or f..k one little goat, and you know what happens.
Yikes! From ball dropping to goat sodomy in one quantum leap?
Need a stiff drink, my head's spinning! Funny though...
Yes, "there's something about Jack"..Mr.Rubber Chesty Bond?
Can't quite nail it, while he's big and solid and can do 'Ninja-hey look at me-backflips' all day long, he's brittle in the confidence dept.

Compare him to Kennedy who seems more supple or agile, not as clunky and wooden as Jack; who epitomizes the condom stuffed with walnuts phrase.
No way JK would drop that mark..No Way!?

Yet Jack does some remarkable things at times. Stood up and saved our bacon when JK was injured, had an outstanding first half to the season.
He helped us get across the line in 3rd Granny qtr - without that input would we have won?
Importantly he does so much work off the ball and with goal assists.

But yes, the 2015 dropped-mark is etched in our memory (and history) and to do it again is uncanny and unfortunate for him..yet Cole did much the same in the 1st Granny qtr...Ryan also later on.
Maybe the gold medal will ease his mental pressure...Maybe Jack will have a stellar 2019...maybe he'll get to another GF and slaughter all those demons once and for all...and truly wear the crown of King Jack!

Last edited:

Astro7

Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Marsden also could have brought the house down if he nailed that goal after a rare contested mark.

Both would have been such good moments but they ****** it up.

I hate the fact that Darling dropped that. It ruined the moment for me.

Sack Woosha
Yeh, the Marsden miss (amongst a few others?) was horrifically frustrating...however he blocked a kick in dying minutes that would've been a certain goal. Forgiven!
There were 2-3 blocked kicks in that passage of play...
I know what you mean, JD's drop did ruin the moment, it made a great ending comical, but hey that's football, it doesn't go to script, it's as unpredictable as...well, an oval football?

Art OF war

Club Legend
May 5, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
If Jack Darling does take that mark and kicks the goal, it’s possible that Collingwood get the next 2 centre clearances and goals. It happened earlier in the quarter.

So in essence, we should all be happy Jack dropped the mark, Liam sqibbed a contest and Chris missed a set shot right in front of goal because we ended up as premiers.

Back