Up the Coasters Eagles are the 2018 premiers!!!!

WillieNillie

All Australian
Mar 31, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Just a random point but I spoke to a member of the coaching staff (low down the rank but a part of it still) and he told me that Eagles wanted to play Richmond in the Grand Final more then anyone else in the final 4 (so moreso then Demons and Collingwood). They just thought we matched up on them well.

Also said the Demons were absolutely cooked. Players came in at quarter time and told the coaches "These guys are absolutely cooked". Even though we were only 29 points up the team knew it was over already

Last edited:

Avalor

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
Jakarta
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth, Donnybrook, Chelsea
Just a random point but I spoke to a member of the coaching staff (low down the rank but a part of it still) and he told me that Eagles wanted to play Richmond in the Grand Final more then anyone else in the final 4 (so moreso then Demons and Collingwood). They just thought we matched up on them well.

Also said the Demons were absolutely cooked. Players came in at quarter time and told the coaches "These guys are absolutely cooked". Even though we were only 29 points up the team knew it was over already

Interesting! Wonder why that was - pushed to extremes maybe just to scrape into the finals, and had nothing left. They had their GF against us a few weeks earlier at Optus and burnt up their petrol tickets.

Sep 8, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast

I too wanted Richmond, maybe in 2019 :)

05B735F0-1533-46F7-8675-A8E880B53098.jpeg

Can’t believe it has been 12 weeks ❤️

Brolga

Grumpy Old Git
Nov 20, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
I watched the preliminary final between Richmond and Collingwood for the first time today. Unfortunately I was overseas when it played out.
At the end of the game as the Richmond team are leaving the arena, one glorious campaigner is holding aloft an Eagles scarf to see them off in style.

Abed

Cancelled
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
dom sheeds left foot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahah
I bought the Blu-ray yesterday and just finished watching it with the 6PR audio. Before Sheed's kick, Hardie said something along the lines of "He has to run around, there's no way he can kick a drop punt from there." You all know what happened next.....

Lesson learned: don't listen to the 6PR audio again.

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast

WillieNillie

All Australian
Mar 31, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Does anyone have links to the biggest fail prediction threads about us at all where people had to eat s**t?

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
I bought the Blu-ray yesterday and just finished watching it with the 6PR audio. Before Sheed's kick, Hardie said something along the lines of "He has to run around, there's no way he can kick a drop punt from there." You all know what happened next.....

Lesson learned: don't listen to the 6PR audio again.
Did a little part of him sound like he was dying as he called the victory?

Thats gotta be worth wallowing in.

Abed

Cancelled
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Did a little part of him sound like he was dying as he called the victory?

Thats gotta be worth wallowing in.
Oh yeah, forgot to mention Hardie barracking for the Magpies, and Karl writing us off after the 1st quarter. "Just look at their body language! This one's over! They're shot!"

Watched it again today because wtf not?

Second half we just seemed to have this steely resolve at every contest. We didn't win them all obviously but the indomitable will of the group seemed to wear Collingwood down to the point the Pies only managed to throw a couple of flurries. Pies looked likely for about 10 minutes of the last hour and the rest was a blue and gold wave that crested with 2.47 left on the clock and finally swept Collingwood to the side.

McGovern. Vardy. Ryan. Sheed.

bombard

Premiership Player
Apr 29, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Watched it again today because wtf not?

Second half we just seemed to have this steely resolve at every contest. We didn't win them all obviously but the indomitable will of the group seemed to wear Collingwood down to the point the Pies only managed to throw a couple of flurries. Pies looked likely for about 10 minutes of the last hour and the rest was a blue and gold wave that crested with 2.47 left on the clock and finally swept Collingwood to the side.

McGovern. Vardy. Ryan. Sheed.

SHEED, EY?

WCE Wizard

Premiership Player
Jun 14, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
What a year 2018 has been.

Preseason -
(a) Eagles to win the spoon
(b) Eagles to finish bottom 4

Season Starts
Eagles midfield is B grade
Eagles cant win on the road
Eagles cant win at the MCG
Eagles cannot win without Nic Nat
Eagles cannot win without Gaff
Cannot win big finals at the MCG

Well in one season we manged to
(a) Win every game in Melbourne (Undefeated in Victoria)
(b) Win 10 games in a row
(c) WIN THE FLAG (without 3 of our gun A graders)
(d) SIGNED ANDREW GAFF FOR LIFE and annoy Brad Scott

(e) Annoy the following
Robert Walls, Gary Lyon, Neil Mitchell, Tony Jones, Tom Morris, Tony Shaw, Robbo, Jay Clark and those flogs from the herald sun

(f) Make Robert Walls retire from the media
(e) Annoy Natalie Fyfe

Truly this has been one brilliant season.

Back