Up the Coasters Eagles are the 2018 premiers!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

WillieNillie

All Australian
Mar 31, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Hightlight by far is

"We have gone through Melbourne, now boys can you go through the West Coast"

Its 22:24 into the 28 minute video at that point :D

Brolga

Grumpy Old Git
Nov 20, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
Was watching Fox Footy do their segment on Wwest Coast this evening, and they showed clips of the Eagles players immediately after the GF siren. First time I'd seen them.
e.g. LeCras running and jumping into JK
Also showed the coaches box immediate reaction.

How nice it would have been to see it on the day rather than a long view of Buckley head in hands, quick shot of a jubilant Masto, then half a dozen shots of Collingwood players slumped in defeat.

Jun 5, 2004
AFL Club
West Coast
Was watching Fox Footy do their segment on Wwest Coast this evening, and they showed clips of the Eagles players immediately after the GF siren. First time I'd seen them.

How nice it would have been to see it on the day rather than a long view of Buckley head in hands, quick shot of a jubilant Masto, then half a dozen shots of Collingwood players slumped in defeat.

They need to re-release the GF DVD/Blu-Ray and edit in the post-siren shots. I'd seriously buy the thing again if they did that.

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast

Would be great to just have a video of the reactions from multiple angles, sans Collingwood players, coaches and president

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Does anyone else think Ryan wasn't actually shirking the contest at the end of the 3rd more just looking at spinning out and going so he could run in for an easy goal ?
I figured he just stuffed the co-ordination slightly, as noticing the other player distracted him. At that speed, he did amazing just to almost mark it. I don't think it bothered him much, he nailed a near identical mark in the 4th (then hit the post on the shot).

It felt like the commentators were trying to setup a few villains if there was a close loss. The carry-on when Darling dropped the mark was disgraceful, Carey was acting as if they had lost the game, when they were in front with less than 2mins and had just won a stoppage in their F50.

Mudguts12

All Australian
Jul 6, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Does anyone else think Ryan wasn't actually shirking the contest at the end of the 3rd more just looking at spinning out and going so he could run in for an easy goal ?
Yep always thought this, he was already thinking about spinning around the player before he completed the mark too clever for his own good there unfortunately, similar to Darling in the final minute spending it before he had it.

Was also surprised about Ryan getting widely bagged for having a bad game. Was instrumental in Hutchings goal, JK's awesome snap goal, and Sheeds. Also his sweet shirtfront on Maynard really made a line in the sand statement for the team. He's only a first year player FFS! Really hope he can stay on track and realise his full potential.

bombard

Premiership Player
Apr 29, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Simmo looks like he's about to cry about 10% of the amount I openly wept after the siren.

1551272163602.png

Attachments

• tenor.gif
    tenor.gif
    2.5 MB · Views: 177
Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
If Ryan marks that and goals and we lead at 3qtr time there is a huge chance we lose.

Being level/behind is an attack at all costs mentality where if you are a couple of goals up you mentally want to hold on.

I remember Malcolm Blight saying that when he was Adelaides coach he hated being 1-2 goals up at 3qtr time... felt much more confident to rally the troops from 1-2 goals down.

I can understand.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sep 8, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
That is shirking the contest. Spent it before he had it. Tried to be too fancy by avoiding the contact to run on and kick a goal. If it comes off, no one bats an eye lid, but he didn't. The whole move was to avoid contact, that's shirking the contest. He should have held is line, marked and taken out the player and had the set shot. Or dropped the mark and cleaned up the player. He would have walloped him too.

Dec 4, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
I think he was whacked on the ear in a contest earlier in the game which mightve made him flinch in the next contest... luckily uncle jetts put his arm around him at the break and he was excellent for the rest of the game ❤

Remove this Banner Ad

Back