Ishmael_

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2013
Six Thousand
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Fremantle
The last year we missed the finals was in 2014 by 1 game to ninthmond.

That's 5 years in a row of finals, 2 Grand Finals, 1 Premiership, and Kurt for pick 57.

We've got a sick jumper, the 2nd most members in the league, a third of whom can't even attend games, the 2nd most supporters in the AFL and we make more money than any other sporting club in the southern hemisphere and we don't piss on pensioners to earn it.

We've got the best facilities in the league, the sexiest silver fox I ever did see for a coach and we're one of only two non-Victorian teams to beat a Vic club for a premiership since Brisbane in 2003.

We've got our own WAFL team, give millions back to the WAFC every year and are on the cusp of having the most dominant AFLW team going around.

The last player we really wanted to keep left in 2007 and we just picked up the most dominant 2nd-year player in recent memory, who asked for a trade after 1 year and would rather endure harrowing personal struggle than play for Fremantle.

Imagine if you had the misfortune of supporting anyone else.

Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
The last year we missed the finals was in 2014 by 1 game to Premiershipmond.

That's 5 years in a row of finals, 2 Grand Finals, 1 Premiership, and Kurt for pick 57.

We've got a sick jumper, the 2nd most members in the league, a third of whom can't even attend games, the 2nd most supporters in the AFL and we make more money than any other sporting club in the southern hemisphere and we don't piss on pensioners to earn it.

We've got the best facilities in the league, the sexiest silver fox I ever did see for a coach and we're one of only two non-Victorian teams to beat a Vic club for a premiership since Brisbane in 2003.

We've got our own WAFL team, give millions back to the WAFC every year and are on the cusp of having the most dominant AFLW team going around.

The last player we really wanted to keep left in 2007 and we just picked up the most dominant 2nd-year player in recent memory, who asked for a trade after 1 year and would rather endure harrowing personal struggle than play for Fremantle.

Imagine if you had the misfortune of supporting anyone else.
I read this in the voice of Matt Damon from Good Will Hunting when he was interviewing for the NSA

Ishmael_

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2013
Six Thousand
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Fremantle
I read this in the voice of Matt Damon from Good Will Hunting when he was interviewing for the NSA

I've been known to monologue in a Boston accent after a few beers.

Also love Damon's 'I can run 5 miles at this altitude until my hands start shaking' scene in the first Bourne. He's great at articulating information at pace.

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Pretty sure it was 14. Because he should have won 4 on the trot If he didn’t s**t the bed in 14 or buddy kick a billion in the last game in 17
It was 2013, but he dropped off the pace when the whole team collapsed as Woosha's time came to an end. He finished fourth on 60 goals with Roughead winning on 72.

He won in 15 and 16, then finished second in 2017 when Buddy kicked ten against Carlton in last game (Buddy finished with 73, Kennedy 69).

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Moments of the 2010s...

2011 SF. We win our first final since the 2006 GF after straight sets in 2007 then 3 misses in a row.

2013 Rd 8. Naitanui pack mark then goal after the siren vs North. Brad Scott loses his s**t.

2013 Rd 11. Arguably already BOG, Eric Mackenzie kicks his 3rd career goal to beat the Saints at Docklands. 17 touches 2 goals for the day, not bad Eric.

2013 Rd 15. Minute to go, scores level. Embley mungs a kick forward from centre wing, Kennedy picks it up and goals from the pocket on his left foot to put us a goal up. He then wins a contest at half back with 20 seconds to go and Embley runs the ball away for the win.

2014 Rd 8. Not really a moment but Kennedy kicking 11.0 vs GWS was pretty cool.

2015 QF. Won through to a home prelim for the first time in a decade, the only team to beat Hawthorn during their threepeat. Didn't work out in the GF but that's footy.

2016 Rd 21. Naitanui's last second goal vs GWS.

2017 EF. Mackenzie running into the goal post to keep scores level which led to extra time, then Shuey's goal.

2018 Rd 21. McGovern's mung floater after the siren vs Port. That kick got us a top 2 spot and the rest is history.

2018 QF:
- Kennedy goal in the 3rd quarter. Had been blowing out cobwebs all night then finally got one to take him to 1.3. Finished on 2.4 and the commentators fapped over Goldsack who did his best.
- Jetta goal with 5 minutes to go. Arm wrestle of a game and that goal put us in front and broke them. Was a <1 goal game, 16 points didn't tell the story.

2018 GF:
- Rioli accidental goal. Down 31-2 that was important
- Shuey goal just before half time, important
- Yeo goal from outside 50, put us in front
- MCGOVERN
- VARDY
- RYAN
- SHEED

Sep 8, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
It was 2013, but he dropped off the pace when the whole team collapsed as Woosha's time came to an end. He finished fourth on 60 goals with Roughead winning on 72.

He won in 15 and 16, then finished second in 2017 when Buddy kicked ten against Carlton in last game (Buddy finished with 73, Kennedy 69).
Yep just had a look. Kicked a bag of 8 to finish against GC in 2014. Anyhow should still have 4 Colemans the spud

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
Pretty sure it was 14. Because he should have won 4 on the trot If he didn’t s**t the bed in 14 or buddy kick a billion in the last game in 17
When he got injured I put $50 on him to win the Coleman because he was paying stupid odds (can't remember what they were). He then kicked 4-5 goals a week for the rest of the season and I decided to cash out the bet as the Sydney v Carlton game started just to be on the safe side.

Best decision (probably the only good gambling decision) I've ever made.

donpyke92

Club Legend
Jul 4, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
Moments of the 2010s...

2011 SF. We win our first final since the 2006 GF after straight sets in 2007 then 3 misses in a row.

2013 Rd 8. Naitanui pack mark then goal after the siren vs North. Brad Scott loses his s**t.

2013 Rd 11. Arguably already BOG, Eric Mackenzie kicks his 3rd career goal to beat the Saints at Docklands. 17 touches 2 goals for the day, not bad Eric.

2013 Rd 15. Minute to go, scores level. Embley mungs a kick forward from centre wing, Kennedy picks it up and goals from the pocket on his left foot to put us a goal up. He then wins a contest at half back with 20 seconds to go and Embley runs the ball away for the win.

2014 Rd 8. Not really a moment but Kennedy kicking 11.0 vs GWS was pretty cool.

2015 QF. Won through to a home prelim for the first time in a decade, the only team to beat Hawthorn during their threepeat. Didn't work out in the GF but that's footy.

2016 Rd 21. Naitanui's last second goal vs GWS.

2017 EF. Mackenzie running into the goal post to keep scores level which led to extra time, then Shuey's goal.

2018 Rd 21. McGovern's mung floater after the siren vs Port. That kick got us a top 2 spot and the rest is history.

2018 QF:
- Kennedy goal in the 3rd quarter. Had been blowing out cobwebs all night then finally got one to take him to 1.3. Finished on 2.4 and the commentators fapped over Goldsack who did his best.
- Jetta goal with 5 minutes to go. Arm wrestle of a game and that goal put us in front and broke them. Was a <1 goal game, 16 points didn't tell the story.

2018 GF:
- Rioli accidental goal. Down 31-2 that was important
- Shuey goal just before half time, important
- Yeo goal from outside 50, put us in front
- MCGOVERN
- VARDY
- RYAN
- SHEED
Enjoyed that Scotland.
Think 'McGovern's mung floater after the siren vs Port' is probably THE moment that had the most impact.
Huge moment for the game, but finishing 2nd of the most importance.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Enjoyed that Scotland.
Think 'McGovern's mung floater after the siren vs Port' is probably THE moment that had the most impact.
Huge moment for the game, but finishing 2nd of the most importance.

It was so good because it's exactly what you'd expect. High mark then mung kick, a McGovern special inside 50. Chest mark on the lead followed by textbook kick just would've felt wrong.

donpyke92

Club Legend
Jul 4, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
It was so good because it's exactly what you'd expect. High mark then mung kick, a McGovern special inside 50. Chest mark on the lead followed by textbook kick just would've felt wrong.
Maybe a 'belly mark'...but a beautiful thing.

Illeagle

Senior List
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
That win against Geelong in 2011 at Subi. Geelong's only loss before that was the week prior against Essendon.
I got engaged to my wife that night. I remember the date of our engagement by using that game as a point of reference! Not sure which was the better memory tbh.

Edit: of course i know which was the better memory. That win against Geelong really announced us as a contender in 2011 after 2010s spoon. No contest really.

kid_a

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2010
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Hammarby IF, East Freo, Glory
Chris Masten's best ever game.
Late in the 2011 season v the Lions at the gabba in front of a measley 13,500 (the bledisloe was on on the other side of town at the same time)
Very wet conditions, we were down by almost 5 goals at one point, ended up coming home to win by 8.
Patty McGinnity kicked the 'actual' (not official) goal of the year that night.
The night we sealed a top 4 spot.
I remember it all well as I was there at the gabba.

Not saying its even close to being in our top 10, but its an overlooked great moment for the club this decade

Late in the 2011 season v the Lions at the gabba in front of a measley 13,500 (the bledisloe was on on the other side of town at the same time)
Very wet conditions, we were down by almost 5 goals at one point, ended up coming home to win by 8.

Not saying its even close to being in our top 10, but its an overlooked great moment for the club this decade
Masto's 50th too.

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast

Masto was really solid in 2011. After reading this thread I re-watched the semi against Carlton and he seemed a lot quicker and dynamic. He became a bit one dimensional in the end.

Illeagle

Senior List
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Just remembered the 2011 Derby. Not one of the biggest moments, but one of my favorites . Ballantyne kicking for goal to win the game. Prematurely celebrates.... as he kicks a point.

WCE_phil

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2009
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Just remembered the 2011 Derby. Not one of the biggest moments, but one of my favorites . Ballantyne kicking for goal to win the game. Prematurely celebrates.... as he kicks a point.

One of the great moments :D

2011 Holding on for the 3 point win in the semi against Carlton. We were cooked and they were coming and coming and coming but we held on.

Elimination final against North in 2012. I genuinely thought we were a much better side in 2012 than we were in 2011, just the way footy goes we finish fifth H+A rather than top 4. The atmosphere was amazing as we absolutely thoroughly destroyed North. Also a sad moment as my favourite player went down with injury (Beau Waters) and never really came back.

Cox and Nicnat dominant
Kennedy, Darling, Embers kicked 4 each, Lynch with 3 in his last home game for us.
Headed into Subi afterwards, met this guy who was a spitting image of Adam Selwood which we used to pick up girls that night.

Great times.

Back