Competitions Eagles Board 2017 Mock Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I've had a draft response saved for the past two days with a few choices for the next two picks. It's now disappeared, and all I remember is that my first choice for Essendon's pick was Cassidy Parish :mad:

Anyway with pick 65 Essendon take Trent Mynott, because why not.

PICK 68: COLLINGWOOD - Thomas Schmusch

KPD from South Australia that was a member of the AFL Academy. Team him up long term with SA mate Harry Petty.

Write ups for both Round 4 picks to follow.

jesterwester, Freo have pick 69

Ok so this came a lot quicker than I expected.

69- Fremantle selects Isaac Hewson

Adding the SA boys in, they seem much keener to stay in WA in general.

More to follow.

dajesmac you are up with Geelong

Geelong take Mitch Crowden. Crowden is an athletic and skilled, albeit undersized inside mid. He may only be 175cm, but he is a natural footballer who is both athletically gifted and has excellent skills. I think he will go late in the draft and whichever team takes him will get a bargain.

ROYAL EAGLE

We're just about done so when we do wrap up I'm totally up for going around again with different teams

West Coast Mock Draft

13. Carlie Constable
22. Patrick Naish
27. Brandon Starcevich
33. Sam Taylor
37. Zac Bailey
67. Bayley Fritsch

Excellent
Pass
Fail
You are no Rohan O'Brien

Actually don't envy the job of recruiters damned if you do damned if you don't .
Tough gig .

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West Coast Mock Draft

13 . Carlie Constable
22. Patrick Naish
27. Brandon Starcevich
33. Sam Taylor
37. Zac Bailey
67. Bayley Fritsch

Excellent
Pass
Fail
You are no Rohan O'Brien

Actually don't envy the job of recruiters damned if you do damned if you don't .
Tough gig .
I'd be very happy with your picks 33 onwards. Starting to prefer Allen to Constable at 13 (or Bonar if available), Kelly I'd like at 27 or 33 (but wasn't your fault he wasn't available here of course), Starcevich seems a later pick than 27. Good on the whole. :)

Great effort for us new breed.

If our mock draft went for longer did you have a ruck in mind?

Thought Scott Jones at 67 pick but might be a chance if we use later picks .
Corey Gault won WAFL ruckman for 2017 and as a rookie maybe . Think we are well catered for with ruckman though especially considering our midfield needs .

West Coast Mock Draft

13. Carlie Constable
22. Patrick Naish
27. Brandon Starcevich
33. Sam Taylor
37. Zac Bailey
67. Bayley Fritsch

Excellent
Pass
Fail
You are no Rohan O'Brien

Tough gig .
I like all of your picks bar one. Pretty sure you know who ;):p

Richmond Draft Summary

17. Richmond - Oscar Allen
I picked Allen as he was pretty much best available. He's also a good fit with the Tigers needs although I don't pigeon hole him as a just forward. He potentially could be a very capable swing man. (if we draft him, hopefully a damn good big bodied mid too)

21. Richmond - Tim Kelly
After bidding on Ballenden who I really like the look of, I went for Kelly. I wanted him and knew he may not be there at my next pick.
He was selected as I think he's as close to a sure thing as you'll get, well worth an early 2nd rounder for mine. Worse case scenario, he'll be handy depth and best case he'll be top shelf. Maybe no screaming need by position but its certainly makes the reigning premiers even more formidable.
he's easily an upgrade on McIntosh or Townsend for mine.

26. Richmond - Charlie Ballard
After my very controversial move of passing on Naish (which I stand by, just don't like the look of him at all) I went for an all or nothing pick.
Ballard looks like a real diamond in the rough, he has some things to work on technically (ball drop, kicking technique), I put that down to his massive growth spurt over a short period. He looks to read the play very well, run to dangerous spots and not worried to put his skinny frame on the line. He reminds me of a taller Embley. If he can put bulk on that lanky frame...Watch out. Could be a real steal.

53. Richmond - Hugh Dixon
The big lad looks a real goer, he's a bloody good contested mark and has a solid football brain and good body positioning. Not overly athletic but could be a very solid power forward.

55. Richmond - Liam Ryan
I just couldn't resist picking up the high flying forward at this stage.
If all goes well, he could be a 40+ goal a year forward at the elite level. Very quick off the mark, great hands and a huge leap. Even at only 184cm, he could play the role of a 2nd /3rd tall or a crumber should the team need it. A forward who could adapt to different roles if required. (still could find a role at the Tigers, especially if Allen is swung down back)

72. Richmond - Scott Jones
The Tigers needed another ruck on board and I managed to pick up a 205cm, 109kg lad with solid potential. (not bad for pick 72)
Since coming back from an AC injury, he's looked better and better in just about every game he's played, having more than held his own against AFL listed rucks. He's real physical presence and reasonably athletic given his size.
Given a free run from injury, he''ll be more than solid at AFL level with a few years under his belt.

Last edited:
Ok. So wanted to get someone with some ruck capability with Freos final pick.

Pick 59: Fremantle selects Tom De Koning

200cm/92kg KPF/Ruck

I must admit I've only seen glimpses of the guy, but what I do know is that he is very raw but has the capability to be anything, illustrated by his 9 goal effort in the TAC cup earlier this year.

Fremantle will need to be patient with the guy, but he has a lot of tools to work with. He's good below his knees, has a lovely kick & hands and at 200cm he will be hard to stop when he gets some bulk. I would also expect him to improve on his ruck capability as time goes on. Think a Ben Brown Style forward. At pick 59 his ceiling makes him far too good to pass up on here.

So for this draft, I think that I have addressed a lot of Fremantle's needs, both for now and in the future.

2. Rayner
5. Fogarty
42. Kreuger
59. De Koning

So we have the HF/Mid types in Rayner and Fogarty who can impact straight away. In time I expect both to be top line midfielders, but with serious points of difference.

Kreuger has the ability to play in a year or two but has the X factor of someone who could be absolutely anything.

And lastly De Koning, who with some time, patience and some good protein shakes could turn into the genuine KPF that Freo have wanted for so long.

Up next is getgaff with Collingwoods next pick.

Disappointed you didn't tank the draft for the Purples :fire:

Haha my second round pick, Ed Richards, has decided to withdraw from the drafting to persue a cricket career.

It didn't take long for me to **** up a pick.

Agree that his left the call pretty late but that was Ed Newman Jimmy.

Ed Richards is still in the draft. His the one with the Collingwood bloodlines.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back