Competitions Eagles board 2018 Mock Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Just realised Ardent Eagle already told me he'd match a bid here.

North use their pick to take Central District ruckman Darcy Fort. Possibly a bit of a reach but quality rucks are in short supply and they need some ready-to-go backup for Goldstein now that Preuss has gone. They've got big wraps on Xerri but I don't think he'd be ready to step in next year. North are already getting Thomas and Bailey Scott (still hasn't received a bid) hell cheap so they can afford to be a bit extravagant at this point.

Wadsworth is up, Geelong have two picks in a row.

Wadsworth

Fold the Eagles
Jul 21, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Geelong is disappointed that Woodcock has already been taken given the phallic nature of his name and my interest in a Bag of Dicks.

I'm really considering just re-drafting Menzel because I'm a spiteful campaigner and I hate Geelong. It'd really teach them to waste a pick on a player they just delisted. I also considered drafting Brent Harvey given that Geelong are possibly looking for Mature Agers for a push to another flag in the 'current window' (Note, window may not actually be open).

But to buy myself a bit more time because I'm at work, I'll bid on GWS academy prospect Kieren Briggs. Geelong could use some Key Position / Ruck depth to develop and he appears the highest ranked remaining prospect from my sources of wisdom.

Wadsworth

Fold the Eagles
Jul 21, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
new breed up to you to decide on whether to match for Briggs.

To keep things moving, I'll take Mitch Podhajski with my next pick. An overager with a good chance of contributing right away. Another ball-winning midfielder who has also played forward and hit the scoreboard.

If Briggs is matched, I'll bid on Bailey Scott to keep that campaigner at Nth Melbourne honest.

new breed up to you to decide on whether to match for Briggs.

To keep things moving, I'll take Mitch Podhajski with my next pick. An overager with a good chance of contributing right away. Another ball-winning midfielder who has also played forward and hit the scoreboard.

If Briggs is matched, I'll bid on Bailey Scott to keep that campaigner at Nth Melbourne honest.

New breed has told me he'll match any bid for Briggs.

I'll match for Scott, it was about time someone bid on him.

You've got one pick left still.

Next selection for Geelong is Damon Greaves. Half back who can win the ball and with neat skills. Doashuey it's your time in the sun as Hawthorn's list manager. You're on the clock.

A West Australian? Hope he doesn't want to come home any time soon :D

Doashuey

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Hawks are probably best suited looking for a tall project for either end of the ground with possible rucking duties thrown in.
Taking Brodie's brother Riley Grundy (195cm 79kg) seems like a good move this late in the draft. Bit of a speccy but very athletic and the genes are strong. Suited as a tall defender but may be developed as a forward and his brother is an All Australian ruckman so with likely growth left in him he may find a spot rucking as well.
Malleable selection with potential.

I'll take the son of a political leader in Westeros, Tom Sparrow.

He's also been known to gallavant around on pirate ships. When he's not doing this, he's an explosive and skillful SA mid who is cherry ripe to make a big impact at the Demons.

Miguel Sanchez I think you're up.

Doashuey

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
I'll display great compassion if he does. And of course, I'll also do what is best for the Geelong football club and ensure I extract exceptional value for him.

Gotta go now though. I'm off to the all you can eat Dicks Buffet!
Dont forget to bring a dikky bag for left overs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Cam Loersch.

203Cm FWD/Ruck that averaged 3 goals and 5.8 a game for the Sharks this season. Has spent time at the Suns previously but under a good football department Loersch could help the Pies KPF/Ruck stocks.

I'll take the son of a political leader in Westeros, Tom Sparrow.

He's also been known to gallavant around on pirate ships. When he's not doing this, he's an explosive and skillful SA mid who is cherry ripe to make a big impact at the Demons.

Miguel Sanchez I think you're up.

Dees are up again :thumbsu:

While nobody has bid on him, this is my last pick in the live draft so I’ll spend it on Melbourne academy prospect Toby Bedford.

Toby Bedford is one of this year's notable line breakers, and he played a key part in Dandenong's 42-point win against Sandringham. A Melbourne Next Generation Academy prospect, Bedford managed 13 disposals, six tackles, three goals and two score assists, and crucially hit the scoreboard in the second and third quarters when the game was there to be won.

Bedford's point of difference is his pace and agility with ball in hand; he can often be found running 30m at a time before disposing of the ball. He is in the conversation as one of this year's fastest and hardest to catch with ball in hand. His tackling is a strength also, racking up at least six tackles in each of his past four matches.

eagles rule

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Think I'm going to stick with going tall here after missing Khamis but focus on a bit of tall forward depth, which Melbourne now require.

Melbourne take Noah Gown - he'll make a nice combo with Gawn!

The state combine invite had a great end to the season, but what I like about him the most is the way he plays. He attacks the ball in the air and is a good reader of the play. He's also handy when not slotting goals, applying forward pressure and is generally good around the ground. Shades of Josh Kennedy? Think he's the best bet here out of the talls remaining.

Between Gown and Maguire, Melbourne are showing they're not afraid of taking the path less travelled for hidden talent to snare that elusive flag.

dajesmac

Gown and Gawn :tearsofjoy:

The Stid

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Bruins
Pick 62 Essendon: Riley Bowman
Dandenong / Vic Country
198 CM / 82 KG Ruck / KPF

Full write up to come tonight or tomorrow. In short, Essendon need a developing ruckman and this lad kept popping up in top 50+ rankings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back