Competitions Eagles board 2019 Mock Draft - now underway!

Eastcoasteagle

Premiership Player
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
PICK 18 - DYLAN STEPHENS

183cm/ 74 kg
South Australia / Norwood
Midfielder

Talented leftfoot midfielder with excellent break away speed and goal kicking ability .
Stephens has played senior football for Norwood and looks an outstanding player .
Broke the 2km combine record at 6.01 minutes recently which was subsequently broken later in the combine .

Comparisons to Andrew Gaff and Lachie Hunter and probably quicker then both , Geelong would be pretty pleased to draft the midfielder .

Wedgetailed Westerner your up !!
Steal here.

Oct 17, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
PICK 18 - DYLAN STEPHENS

183cm/ 74 kg
South Australia / Norwood
Midfielder

Talented leftfoot midfielder with excellent break away speed and goal kicking ability .
Stephens has played senior football for Norwood and looks an outstanding player .
Broke the 2km combine record at 6.01 minutes recently which was subsequently broken later in the combine .

Comparisons to Andrew Gaff and Lachie Hunter and probably quicker then both , Geelong would be pretty pleased to draft the midfielder .

Wedgetailed Westerner your up !!
Bastard, nearly got through

Oct 17, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
With my next option gone in Stephens, I think Port will need to look at another option to fill a need.
So with pick 19 Port Adelaide pick:

Jeremy Sharp
13/8/01
189cm/81kg
Western Australia/East Fremantle
Midfielder

Port desperately need some class on the outside to support or their big bodies and Sharp has that in spades.
He is a player that to me looks like he has a good footy IQ and also has speed to back that up. To top that off he has a great tank as shown with his Yoyo test results at the combine.
I'm really surprised he isnt more highly rated over east as I think he is in the top 15 in the draft as he has X factor and can make things happen. Im extremely happy to have picked him up here and think he will be a gem.

dajesmac you are up mate

Enjoyable read so far fellas

Given our dearth of picks thanks to the Kelly trade I’ve paid little (read zero) attention to the draft and must admit to feeling a bit fomo reading the write ups.

I’ll have to console myself watching Kelly highlights

Who is Jake Riccardi?

He won the Fothergill - Round - Mitchell Medal ( what a mouth full that is ) its awarded to the best young VFL player with the most potential of reaching the AFL

The last 13 winners have all gone on to be drafted after they won the medal

He will get drafted, but IMO, late second round will be when he is considered.

He is 19 and played for the Calder Cannons, and this year played for Werribee in the VFL.
Kicked 38 goals for the season.

Was named at CHF in the VFL Team of The Year.

download-6.jpg
download-5.jpg
download-4.jpg

Oct 17, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
He won the Fothergill - Round - Mitchell Medal ( what a mouth full that is ) its awarded to the best young VFL player with the most potential of reaching the AFL

He is 19 and played for the Calder Cannons, and this year played foe Werribee in the VFL.

View attachment 770963 View attachment 770964 View attachment 770966
Righto now it makes sense. A bit of a lett field selection then

Righto now it makes sense. A bit of a lett field selection then

Don't get me wrong he is worthy of a draft spot , its just that I would have three KPP ahead of him.
Sam De Koning, Harrison Jones and Dyson Hilder.

getgaff

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 30, 2010
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Miami Heat, Old Easts
Agree with Mon. I think Jake can be drafted also but outside the top 40.

For a team in need of a plug in and play KPF he ticks the boxes but despite being only 19. His form in his first vfl season is a testament to that

Maybe Collingwood’s first pick.

LittleGreekGod

Club Legend
Dec 24, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast

He is 19 and played for the Calder Cannons, and this year played for Werribee in the VFL.

Was named at CHF in the VFL Team of The Year.

View attachment 770963 View attachment 770964 View attachment 770966
Any relation to Peter from the Cats

Agree with Mon. I think Jake can be drafted also but outside the top 40.

For a team in need of a plug in and play KPF he ticks the boxes but despite being only 19. His form in his first vfl season is a testament to that

Maybe Collingwood’s first pick.

Collingwood would be a perfect landing spot for him, he would come into an already established side and initially all he would be asked to do is give a contest, without having to be the young saviour .

Would certainly be an improvement on the gangly Septic Tank.

The kid has real scope to improve and grow as a player and I think he has the goods, he certainly was impressive for Werribee this year.

CM9000

BigFooty Optimist
Aug 19, 2016
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
At Pick 22, Brisbane select Cooper Stephens.

Draft Central's write up:
Geelong Falcons/Vic Country | Inside Midfielder
17/01/2001 | 188cm | 83kg

Geelong Falcons midfielder unfortunately fractured his fibula in in Round 3. Stephens is a huge loss for Vic Country as Falcons Talent Manager Mick Turner said he would not take part in the National Under 18 Championships next month. Stephens is a neat user of the ball, recording 65 per cent by foot, and in the two games before his injury, Stephens averaged 26 disposals, 3.5 marks, 4.0 clearances and ran at more than 60 per cent contested possessions.

Comments from Vic Country coach Leigh Brown:
"He's suited to be an inside midfielder," Brown told AFL.com.au.

"He's got a strong body, he wins the contested ball and that's obviously a real strength in his game. He can also sneak forward. It was actually what he was going to work on this year, having that impact as a resting midfielder that can go forward.

"But, in saying that, he also played some really good footy off half-back last year – particularly against South Australia as a bottom-ager in the champs – so he's actually got some real versatility in his game."

Reasoning:
Due to breaking his leg early in the year, Stephens missed both the TAC Cup and the National Under 18 Chamionships - beforehand, he was shaping up to have a big year. With strong atheletic traits and a proven inside game, Stephens respresents the best available talent for Brisbane at this point in the draft.

LittleGreekGod you're up.

Last edited:
At Pick 22, Brisbane select Cooper Stephens.

Write up to follow (along with the other one).

LittleGreekGod you're up.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Outstanding selection, quality player, athletic inside bull, that I am sure would be ratted much higher had he not been injured in March and missed most of the season.

Sep 8, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
PICK 24 , GEELONG - TRENT RIVERS

188cm/85kg
Western Australia / East Fremantle
Defender

East Fremantle junior who is an attacking and rebounding defender , averaged 22 disposals at 77% efficiency across the 18s carnival and played a major role in WA's 18s victory .
Rivers if able to move into the midfield would be a handy pickup for Geelong and best available pick .

getgaff your up !!

Back