Competitions Eagles board 2019 Mock Draft - now underway!

Remove this Banner Ad

I went with Ricciardi because I was after a KPP who could be blooded next year. The biggest hole for me in GCs list is experienced players in the spine. The only way to try to address this is through trading - but when thats not an option a KPP with potential after 3 mids seems like something to help the GC rebuild along.

Monocle I strongly considered Harrison Jones here, I was gutted when Worrell went before my pick 15 because I was after a KPP after two mids!

PICK 25 / SYDNEY: WILL DAY ~ 187 CM, 70 KG ~ GEN DEF

Cooper Stephens and Trent were 2 players I was heavily invested into here as powerful mids to go with Serong but when they were gone and Will Day slipped I couldn't say no.

Although lighlty built Day is blessed with speed on the outside and skills by foot, another draft need ticked off for the Swans to go with Serong.

Given his lack of size and not having followed tradition talent pathways, highly credentialed baseball background also, recruiters believe he has one of the great upsides of the draft.

eagles rule warm welcome into the draft with North. Next 2 picks are yours

Last edited:
PICK 24 , GEELONG - TRENT RIVERS

188cm/85kg
Western Australia / East Fremantle
Defender

East Fremantle junior who is an attacking and rebounding defender , averaged 22 disposals at 77% efficiency across the 18s carnival and played a major role in WA's 18s victory .
Rivers if able to move into the midfield would be a handy pickup for Geelong and best available pick .

getgaff your up !!
I've been waiting for TR to go.

Geelong snapped up J Worrall and T Rivers with our Mock draft 14 & 24 or could have been D Stephens and T Rivers with 14 & 24 .

The whatfores will be plenty on this trade , we have Kelly which is important though even if we lose the trade .

Mitch O'Neill is a academy player for North isn't he ?
Next pick for Adelaide is Harrison Jones.
194 cm Lightly built KPP
the Crows need to think about a replacement for Tex Walker who is nearing the end of his career.
Jones presents as a high marking forward option.
With now selecting Jones, the Crows have already picked a inside mid in Devon Robertson at pick 4, a medium goal kicking forward in Williams and now KPF to replace Walker.
They have covered most of their immediate needs.
will now probably take the best available at next pick at 38.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Next pick for Adelaide is Harrison Jones.
194 cm Lightly built KPP
the Crows need to think about a replacement for Tex Walker who is nearing the end of his career.
Jones presents as a high marking forward option.
With now selecting Jones, the Crows have already picked a inside mid in Devon Robertson at pick 4, a medium goal kicking forward in Williams and now KPF to replace Walker.
They have covered most of their immediate needs.
will now probably take the best available at next pick at 38.
Bastard :tearsofjoy:

With two of their other needs filled with their first two picks, Port will look to secure a player to develop for the future. Now that Jones was so rudely taken from me ;) I moved onto two other prospects.
With pick 29 Port Adelaide choose

Sam De Koning.

26/2/01
201cm/86kg
Vic Country/Dandenong Stingrays
Defender/forward

Port need a big forward to build around, and they will be hoping that Sam can be that man.
Has a great set of hands and reads the play really well. Hense his FB AA selection.
Sam also is a quick thinker and with his height, he could become a real asset.

The other player I considered here was Mitch Georgiadis. However, I felt it was too early and ultimately Sam's height won out.

Pick 30 - Hawthorn: Cameron Taheny (Norwood).

Mid sized forward who the Hawks would be wrapped to get at pick 30, given they had passed on Maginness at 15. Taheny was touted as a top 10 pick earlier in the year after a few big hauls (8 & 5) for Norwood U18s team that earned him selection in the senior Norwood team where he had a bag of 5 and 4. He then went onto to have a lackluster Championships, where he looked like he was carrying something.
But his best game was when he went behind the ball and used his strong over head skills and kick to dominant off half back and through the middle.

This guy has a lot of talent and could be an absolute bargain for the Hawks, I'd rate him on par with Maginness! If he has a solid preseason he'll be in contention to line up round 1 next year.

Last edited:
I was looking for best available of the types I listed above. Not that I really know who I’d best available, but I’ve pick a KFD who is rated pretty highly you can hop fully replace Hooker and Hurley.

A long rundown:

And knightmare’s take:

17. Dyson Hilder
Best position:
Key defence
Height, weight: 196cm, 91kg
Recruited from: North Adelaide
Projected draft range: 20-60
Plays like: Scott Thompson
July Rankings: 15
Rationale: Key defender who was one of South Australia's best during the Under-18 Championships. Looks like a key defender with the attributes and performances on the board to suggest he has a high probability to develop at AFL level. Drops as others rise
Strengths: Intercept marking, one-on-one marking, one-on-one strength, reading of the drop of the ball, early reader of the ball in flight, kicking, vision
Weaknesses: Athleticism, versatility

D1578C01-A0A1-4B3E-8212-F6AAD7A4D7F8.jpeg

Sydney select RYAN BYRNES at pick 32.

Considered a taller big bodied mid here but I’m a huge fan of Byrnes also, would love him at WC come draft day. Byrnes is a first possession winning mid and clearance beast from Sandy Dragons.

Full write up to follow.

Suma Magic you’re up again with the Bombres.

I was looking for best available of the types I listed above. Not that I really know who I’d best available, but I’ve pick a KFD who is rated pretty highly you can hop fully replace Hooker and Hurley.

A long rundown:

And knightmare’s take:

17. Dyson Hilder
Best position:
Key defence
Height, weight: 196cm, 91kg
Recruited from: North Adelaide
Projected draft range: 20-60
Plays like: Scott Thompson
July Rankings: 15
Rationale: Key defender who was one of South Australia's best during the Under-18 Championships. Looks like a key defender with the attributes and performances on the board to suggest he has a high probability to develop at AFL level. Drops as others rise
Strengths: Intercept marking, one-on-one marking, one-on-one strength, reading of the drop of the ball, early reader of the ball in flight, kicking, vision
Weaknesses: Athleticism, versatility

View attachment 771280
Good selection

Remove this Banner Ad

Back