Competitions Eagles board 2019 Mock Draft - now underway!

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah sorry Dajesmac but it’s been over 15 hours now and we need to keep moving.

Richmond get the highest ranked remaining player from the Phantom Draft board’s trial run, which is Darcy Cassar from the Western Jets. Hopefully I haven’t gazumped Eastcoasteagle with that.

Damn it MS, only joking.

Pick 42 - Hawthorn: Jack Mahony (Sandy Dragons)

Small forward but can push into the midfield, perfect for the hawks as Puopolo and Breust are getting towards the end of their careers.

Mahony first caught my eye in 2018 as an underager in the championships in a game vs SA. The star studded SA team were dominating Vic metro in the first half, Jack was thrown into the middle and started to get the game back in control for VM. He's a clever player who knows how to play footy, with ball in hand he will hurt you. He had a strong championships, capped off with 3 goals against the Allies down at Geelong in an outstanding performance.

He's a crafty forward but also applies good forward pressure and loves a tackle. Very underrated player.

Last edited:

So sorry guys- I didn’t get the notification although it says I was tagged.
I’ll do the write up later but Carlton selects a mature age footballer who should be ready to go round 1 next year and will complement the forwards they have very well as a mid size forward.
Pick 43: Carlton selects Ben Sokol (Subiaco)

getgaff you are up now.
again, apologies for the delay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right, he’s been viewing this thread in the last hour but we still haven’t had a pick, and that’s 13 hours.

Adelaide take Trey Ruscoe from East Fremantle, the highest ranked available player from the DT board’s phantom.

wraglesweb is up for the first time for West Coast. No pressure.

Right, he’s been viewing this thread in the last hour but we still haven’t had a pick, and that’s 13 hours.

Adelaide take Trey Ruscoe from East Fremantle, the highest ranked available player from the DT board’s phantom.

wraglesweb is up for the first time for West Coast. No pressure.

What an absolute bonus to be handed Ruscoe, when you have being slack and tardy not getting your pick in on time.

Its like getting complimentary tax credits from the ATO after you lodge a late tax return.

Personally I would have assigned this pick to him ...... "Hayden Ballantyne ".

One pick before West Coast would have got a gun.... Ruscoe ..... gets dealt out from beneath us by default.

Not Fu(king Happy Jan.

This Pick Is Proudly Sponsored By:

Department_of_Social_Services_logo_1998.gif

Last edited:
What an absolute bonus to be handed Ruscoe, when you have being slack and tardy not getting your pick in on time.

Its like getting complimentary tax credits from the ATO after you lodge a late tax return.

Personally I would have assigned this pick to him ...... "Hayden Ballantyne ".

One pick before West Coast would have got a gun.... Ruscoe ..... gets dealt out from beneath us by default.

Not Fu(king Happy Jan.

This Pick Is Proudly Sponsored By:

View attachment 772353
You think ruscoe would be good for our first?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

PICK 32: SYDNEY - RYAN BYRNES / 181 CM, 80 KG / INSIDE MID / SANDY DRAGONS

I'm a fan of Byrnes and would love him at West Coast personally. May have caused me to reach a little here for the Swans but I was keen to secure him.

The Sandy skipper in 2019 and held his own in a strong midfield than earnt a Vic Metro outing at the Champs. Across 15 NAB League games his accumulation stood out and than was the player to stand up in a disappointing finals series for Sandy, leading from the front and averaging 28 disposals a game over 3 games.

A standard passage of play from Byrnes involves aggressively prizing the contested ball, breaking clear with pace and delivering inside 50. There lies Byrnes’ biggest strengths and one area of improvement, outlining his clearance winning ability and nippy five-step burst, with the all-important kick forward undoing his good work at times.

His agility in traffic, ability to cover the ground and dual sidedness are the key features of his game. His work-rate bodes well for winning a split of inside and outside ball, while solidifying his status as a true accumulator.

Where he can improve is hitting the scoreboard more where he is more of a set up scorer than one to hit the scoreboard himself. His kicking on the run needs improving, with the depth and accuracy not quite there as he breaks away towards the 50.

Adding penetration and a finished product, Byrnes could easily become a extremely damaging clearance winner who can kick long goals.

I'm backing the elite environment to irn out his kinks with disposal efficiency while keeping his clearance winning ability, accumulation, pace and agility.

PICK 44: SYDNEY - DARCY CHIRGWIN, 191 CM, 80 KG / INSIDE MID / SANDY DRAGONS

Had my mind on either Chirgwin or Trey Ruscoe here with the Swans pick 44. Ruscoe has played largely under sized KPD for East Fremantle but has the competitive streak to play as a powerful midfielder.

Depsite entering the season with niggling injuries Chirgwin didnlt miss a beat when he came in averaging close to 25 disposals, 8 tackles and 5 clearances a game. If he can continue to develop his outside game he will be a more balance midfielder.

Over the back-end of the year after the champs he showed that resilience and regardless of setbacks, Chirgwin proved himself as a big-bodied midfielder who wins the hardball, feeding it to teammates, accumulating disposals, clearances and tackles.

Like Byrnes and inside mids in general his kicking can improve, while he could also hit the scoreboard more often aslo. But as a inside midfielder, Chirgwin has the natural traits and desire to thrive in that role at senior level.

You think ruscoe would be good for our first?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Yes.

He is grossly underrated.

Look no one every can predict what the future holds, but he ticks a lot of the boxes that I rate when assessing young talent.

Not sure exactly where he plays, same comments on Elliot Yeo and he slid to pick 30 in the 2011 draft, bet a few clubs would be regretting letting him slip that far , with the benefit of hindsight.

West Coast pick - 46

Joshua Shute -187cm/73kg (SA)

I think Shute will compliment our Midfield and give us some good run.

Shute is a classy, hard working wingman with high production, clean foot skills and a good overhead contested mark.

View attachment 772405

eagles rule
Nice selection mate.
Has a bit of pace and good user of the footy.
Need more outside depth and I like his size.
Has potential I just wonder wether he has a bit of vanilla about him?

Nice selection mate.
Has a bit of pace and good user of the footy.
Need more outside depth and I like his size.
Has potential I just wonder wether he has a bit of vanilla about him?
No I don't think he is Vanilla his last 5 games of the year were outstanding he has really finished the year off well.

Hopefully he can improve his inside game if he puts a bit of size on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back