Competitions Eagles board 2019 Mock Draft - now underway!

Remove this Banner Ad

Miguel Sanchez is it possible to pass over this pick? Honestly, I have no clue who to take at this point.
I actually don’t think Brisbane have the list spots to still be picking at this point, so OK.

Lions pass, dajesmac is up for Richmond

Perhaps may be a little bit of a controversial pick, but I’m going mature age again. Yes he can be signed later as a rookie but I think he’s a guy who comes in and can play round one off a wing and with a point to prove I think he makes the cut. He will eventually find himself back in the pack but I think he’s a good stop gap at this point in the blues develop.

Carlton Selects Luke Partington

ideally I would like a key defender, but there doesn’t seem many around this year so will perhaps look at mature age in the rookie draft.

Jimmy_the_Gent you are up with GWS picks.

PICK 58: GWS GIANTS - CHARLIE COMBEN / 199 CM, 82 KG / FWD-RUCK / GIPSSLAND POWER

Always injured but full of talent. He's improved a lot this year and I like that momentum.

Apparently Comben has sticky hands and moves well for a big bloke. I'm not completely sure but I think the Giants do need a development ruck, so this is also a bit of a need selection.

PICK 59: GWS GIANTS - RONIN O'CONNOR / 191cm, 85 KG / MID / CLAREMONT TIGERS

A solid citizen who captained Claremont to a colts premiership and played in the WA under 18's premiership.

Apparently he digs in well but will need to start finding more of the ball if he wants to stay as a midfielder at the next level.

Ran just 3 seconds in the 20-meter sprint and has good size for a non-KPP.

Suma Magic

9th in the vfl best and fairest apparently. Seems like a decent player and a good way to get back at Geelong for being campaigners.
He came 10th in Geelong's VFL best and fairest

Collingwood select Brock Smith 189cm
82kg
Medium defender/ rebounder

no frills type third tall very adept in 1v1 contests. Not the most athletically gifted but has great positioning and has a reasonably penetrating kick

Hawthorn take Flynn Perez (Bendigo Pioneers), talented outside midfielder who did his ACL in preseason. Was a likely first round prospect at the start of the year, Hawks may have a steal here.

That rounds out Hawthorns selections with:

Ash - Rebounding defender
Taheny - mid sized fwd
Mahony - small fwd
Byran - Ruck
Perez - Outside mid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn take Flynn Perez (Bendigo Pioneers), talented outside midfielder who did his ACL in preseason. Was a likely first round prospect at the start of the year, Hawks may have a steal here.

That rounds out Hawthorns selections with:

Ash - Rebounding defender
Taheny - mid sized fwd
Mahony - small fwd
Byran - Ruck
Perez - Outside mid

Excellent pick late in the draft.

I was wondering when he was coming off the board.......... and I am not at all surprised that it was you who took him.

Its amazing how many players are forgotten about after a trip to the hospital.

Speaking of injured player.

I can not believe that this kid is still on the board. o_O

download-24.jpg

Hint to those about to pick ......... this kid ozzes talent and ability.

By George he is going to be a steal this late in the draft.

Tested so well at the combine.

download-25.jpg

Has speed and a good leap.

View attachment 774080

View attachment 774082

By George. This kid has big ideas

I can't believe this young man is still on the board. Monocle just agreed with me :)
With their next pick Port Adelaide will choose:

Mitch Georgiades
Subiaco/Western Australia | Tall Forward
28/09/2001 | 192cm | 87kg

1572849066642.png

Port will look to add another foward to develop and I think there is none with more upside and talent available then Mitch.
The kid had his draft year wrecked by injury, but this set back will only ensure that whoever picks him up in the draft will get a bargain with a late pick.

The son of former Subiaco and Western Bulldogs sharpshooter John Georgiades, Mitchell is one of the most exciting forwards in WA’s State-Based AFL Academy. Blessed with a great set of hands, excellent skills and an elite reading of the play, Georgiades is a young forward with tremendous upside.
He is too talented and has too much upside to not be looked at, and with his vertical leap (85cm running) and acceleration (2.925 seconds 20m sprint), Georgiades is a headache for any defender. Once the air space is clear and there is a body in front of him, expect the high-flying forward to sit on their head and bring the ball down.
Mitch has one of those attributes that sets him apart from many key fowards, X Factor and we will be looking at this draft in a few years wondering how he lasted to port this late.

I'm secretly hoping that West Coast find another pick to get him and I believe he his highly rated by SUbiaco too. SO much so, they tried to get him to play finals for their senior side.

Excellent pick late in the draft.

I was wondering when he was coming off the board.......... and I am not at all surprised that it was you who took him.

Its amazing how many players are forgotten about after a trip to the hospital.
Yeah, it'll be very interesting to see where he actually comes off. A team would be so pumped if they got him this late. Few injured that should slide

View attachment 774080

View attachment 774082

I only vaguely remember him from last year, do you think he can go midfield?

Essendon taking Hilder is an odd choice, that’s the one part of the ground Essendon are the most stacked for especially with academy prospect Cody Brand coming through for 2020.

A few good players look to be getting overlooked and some interesting choices especially Riccardi to GC, maybe early but they did interview him at the combine.

I only vaguely remember him from last year, do you think he can go midfield?

I do, but in time, not initially.

Very talented and athletic kid , that can actually ALSO play football, so his athleticism is not wasted.
Bonus is that he is also very strong over head.

Runs a 11.3 second 100 meters .
For a kid that age any time within the 10.9 - 11.4 seconds , 100 meter time... that is seriously quick.

He ran a 2.93 ..... 20 meter sprint at the Combine. : Rule of thumb is anything under 3.00 seconds is noteworthy.
By way of comparison : Ahmad Saad ran 2.86, Jack Petrucelle ran 2.87 and Brad Hill 2.88.

I was, ( in a past life :p ) an athletics coach ( sprints ) in the PSA system and as such I can appreciate how his sprinting time will translate into and look like in a game.

Georgiades is a talent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back