Competitions Eagles board 2019 Mock Draft - now underway!

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon taking Hilder is an odd choice, that’s the one part of the ground Essendon are the most stacked for especially with academy prospect Cody Brand coming through for 2020.

A few good players look to be getting overlooked and some interesting choices especially Riccardi to GC, maybe early but they did interview him at the combine.
DPS that was me - I thought that being a developing KPP who was a little bit older and had proven themselves against men was a key asset going for Ricciardi. GC have a lot of talented smalls and with the best two mids being taken with the first two picks, I thought that a KPP to develop alongside King may be their next move.

Last edited:
I do, but in time, not initially.

Very talented and athletic kid , that can actually ALSO play football, so his athleticism is not wasted.
Bonus is that he is also very strong over head.

Runs a 11.3 second 100 meters .
For a kid that age any time within the 10.9 - 11.4 seconds , 100 meter time... that is seriously quick.

He ran a 2.93 ..... 20 meter sprint at the Combine. : Rule of thumb is anything under 3.00 seconds is noteworthy.
By way of comparison : Ahmad Saad ran 2.86, Jack Petrucelle ran 2.87 and Brad Hill 2.88.

I was, ( in a past life :p ) an athletics coach ( sprints ) in the PSA system and as such I can appreciate how his sprinting time will translate into and look like in a game.

Georgiades is a talent.
That's perfect for us then as we don't need a mid next year, we need one that can develop. He's athletic profile is off the charts, that's what got me thinking future tall, power mid!

Essendon taking Hilder is an odd choice, that’s the one part of the ground Essendon are the most stacked for especially with academy prospect Cody Brand coming through for 2020.

A few good players look to be getting overlooked and some interesting choices especially Riccardi to GC, maybe early but they did interview him at the combine.

Hooker and Hurley arent getting any younger.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back