Eagles board AFL Fantasy leagues 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

NO not the same.
Afl Fantasy is the official AFL one (which used to be called Dream team) however Dream Team is licensed to Sportsdeck or maybe Sportal. Dream team is a bit of mix between supercoach and AF, i quite like it actually.

Links:
Dream Team
AFL Fantasy
Supercoach
Which of the 3 has the biggest subscriber base?

NO not the same.
Afl Fantasy is the official AFL one (which used to be called Dream team) however Dream Team is licensed to Sportsdeck or maybe Sportal. Dream team is a bit of mix between supercoach and AF, i quite like it actually.

Links:
Dream Team
AFL Fantasy
Supercoach

Cheers I'll look into it.

Interesting, thanks for that - I have never played DT - 15k... meh dont think i ever will.

See I see that and think, 15K? I can win that

Cheers I'll look into it.

See I see that and think, 15K? I can win that

I have been close to winning AF ( was 4th at one stage, still finished quite high in the end 30th maybe, won a few comps and prizes) and DT i have finished very close to winning :( still close isn't good enough, however only ever finished top 100 in SC, maybe 70th but got to top 30 in the season. AF and SC are obviously harder to win as there is more competition. You just have to be over everything and then more to be close to winning.

It is pretty time consuming keeping 3 teams stable I would spend Thursday night and throughout the weekend watching teams ins and outs reading boards to see who is doing what, then research forums, stats etc it becomes pretty tactical determining emergency, dpp and captain loopholes and how you can get the best out of all your players points, then the element of risk and the element of luck, last year I struggled as I was also doing the west Australian pick 7 and draftstars.... There were weeks where I missed things completely or didn't change subs/emergencies etc because the teams become reasonably similar.... will probably cut back this year to try and place higher

NO not the same.

Links:
Dream Team
AFL Fantasy
Supercoach
Did they literally copy SC?

I have been close to winning AF ( was 4th at one stage, still finished quite high in the end 30th maybe, won a few comps and prizes) and DT i have finished very close to winning :( still close isn't good enough, however only ever finished top 100 in SC, maybe 70th but got to top 30 in the season. AF and SC are obviously harder to win as there is more competition. You just have to be over everything and then more to be close to winning.

It is pretty time consuming keeping 3 teams stable I would spend Thursday night and throughout the weekend watching teams ins and outs reading boards to see who is doing what, then research forums, stats etc it becomes pretty tactical determining emergency, dpp and captain loopholes and how you can get the best out of all your players points, then the element of risk and the element of luck, last year I struggled as I was also doing the west Australian pick 7 and draftstars.... There were weeks where I missed things completely or didn't change subs/emergencies etc because the teams become reasonably similar.... will probably cut back this year to try and place higher
Damn what am effort. Top 1000 two years ago was my best. Last year i had a shocker. Nothing I did worked. Have you drafted a SC team yet? Any tips

Damn what am effort. Top 1000 two years ago was my best. Last year i had a shocker. Nothing I did worked. Have you drafted a SC team yet? Any tips

Nope haven't even looked, no point yet, so many things will change over the next few months.
Tips-wise,
  • review what worked and didn't work last year, what trades you made and why you did them, don't beat yourself up too much on this though)
  • watch preseason and check stats,
  • read on other boards how they team is training especially their rookies,
  • look for position changes and point changes in the game, (how will this affect a player)
  • work out what your end state will probably look like and do the best to get there,
  • your trades are worth gold, use a few, to begin with, to make sure you have the right rookies,
  • determine are you going for league win or overall position.
  • Don't trade a rookie mid/late season just because he is scoring some points you may find that they make 100k, but you have to use another trade to dump him (there are obviously exceptions).
  • be careful of the mid pricers, unless there is a structural change or team change then they are more than likely going to end up mid pricers (again obviously exceptions
  • sometimes favourite players don't always work in fantasyland ;) they will quickly become dead to you when they dish 30's
  • understand byes and how trading works around them, try to plan ahead for them and who you will dump and pick up and in what round.ie dumping 3 players with the second bye for 3 players that have a bye means you get coverage over those three positions for the entire by rounds (keeping the end goal in mind)
  • Joel Selwood is generally cheaper midseason and performs a lot better in the second half of the season
  • Pick players that will be in your time at the end (as best you can) ie Dusty last year
Nothing groundbreaking but some things to think about.

Anyone need player's to join supercoach? Feel free to send me a league code? I'm not at the advanced pro level expert so just a casual player.

Nope haven't even looked, no point yet, so many things will change over the next few months.
Tips-wise,
  • review what worked and didn't work last year, what trades you made and why you did them, don't beat yourself up too much on this though)
  • watch preseason and check stats,
  • read on other boards how they team is training especially their rookies,
  • look for position changes and point changes in the game, (how will this affect a player)
  • work out what your end state will probably look like and do the best to get there,
  • your trades are worth gold, use a few, to begin with, to make sure you have the right rookies,
  • determine are you going for league win or overall position.
  • Don't trade a rookie mid/late season just because he is scoring some points you may find that they make 100k, but you have to use another trade to dump him (there are obviously exceptions).
  • be careful of the mid pricers, unless there is a structural change or team change then they are more than likely going to end up mid pricers (again obviously exceptions
  • sometimes favourite players don't always work in fantasyland ;) they will quickly become dead to you when they dish 30's
  • understand byes and how trading works around them, try to plan ahead for them and who you will dump and pick up and in what round.ie dumping 3 players with the second bye for 3 players that have a bye means you get coverage over those three positions for the entire by rounds (keeping the end goal in mind)
  • Joel Selwood is generally cheaper midseason and performs a lot better in the second half of the season
  • Pick players that will be in your time at the end (as best you can) ie Dusty last year
Nothing groundbreaking but some things to think about.
Some solid tips. Thanks a lot. Very much appreciated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ultimate Footy Draft League is the best format for those that take it seriously. Totally unique teams every player is only owned by one person and you get to play it with a group of your mates. Draft day is always an awesome event. Get a group of at least 8 together to play and you will never want to go back to the other games.

Ultimate Footy Draft League is the best format for those that take it seriously. Totally unique teams every player is only owned by one person and you get to play it with a group of your mates. Draft day is always an awesome event. Get a group of at least 8 together to play and you will never want to go back to the other games.
Completely agree, I don't bother with any of the other games now.

Wow....might have to give it a go.. is this when you sit around with mates, drink beer and draft players??
Yeh, unless your mates are a pain in the arse and you've been trying to organise the draft day for two weeks only to find out that the only time everyone is free before the start of the season is a sunday afternoon. Then you don't drink as much beer.

Nice to have some eagles rookie players to select from this year. Venables, Rioli and Ryan. Ah chee 250k in SC, tempted but reckon he will be 16-20 possession mid (impactful player but not the points bounty I'm after).

Nice to have some eagles rookie players to select from this year. Venables, Rioli and Ryan. Ah chee 250k in SC, tempted but reckon he will be 16-20 possession mid (impactful player but not the points bounty I'm after).

Definitely on my watchlist, but would only pick as a F6/7 keeper at that price.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back