Autopsy Eagles Def Freo by 30 points

Discussion in 'Fremantle' started by Dirty_banchez, Jul 16, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Enter two competitions to win prizes!

The AFLMemes comp has 5 free Premium Platinum Memberships on offer.

The Prelim Tips comp gives you a chance to win the Official AFL card game, Footy Feud!

2. Previews:

And enter the Prelim tipping comp to win.

3. Video Games on BigFooty

Player Unknown's Battlegrounds Forum ThreadMinecraft on BigFooty ServersAFL Evolution And MORE...
  1. salim malik

salim malik Brownlow Medallist

Fremantle
    Jan 14, 2008
    Paradise on Earth.
    WTF, East Perth are shite.You must realise that. ;) If your hanging your hat on Lamb and his comrades you are in for a heap of heart ache.;)

FreoRicci likes this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. ydraw

ydraw Premiership Player

Fremantle
    Apr 27, 2015
    This just isn't true.

Our forward line sucks because we refuse to play anyone in it. It's pretty hard to expect much when you're kicking into a vacant 50.

This is 100% down to our game plan, not our list.

kwikfix and imperial_oz like this.
  3. wayToGo_

wayToGo_ Premiership Player

Fremantle
    Oct 24, 2015
    You keep referring to everyone else's posts as opinions and not facts. But then use language yourself like "this just isn't true". Guess what? That's just your opinion! Not a true or false thing (ie a fact).

mattis117, UFO Tatsu and Yeti like this.
  4. Suma Magic

Suma Magic Brownlow Medallist

West Coast
    Aug 22, 2009
    Is this where the banter thread now is?

If so, I've got a question.

Which is the only club to have won fewer games than Freo in 16/17?

Woobla Stainz likes this.
  5. ydraw

ydraw Premiership Player

Fremantle
    Apr 27, 2015
    It's a fact that we are not playing a traditional forward line structure. I don't really see how you can expect it to function properly when it doesn't really even exist.

If we actually tried playing a 6-man forward line with 3 people starting inside the 50 at each bounce and it still sucked then I would agree with you that the problem lies with the list and not our strategy. But we haven't tried that yet.

6. salim malik

Fremantle
    Jan 14, 2008
    Paradise on Earth.
    Is Cox an 18 year old KP chopped liver. :rolleyes: Mc Carthy , Kersten, Grey, Nyhuis, De Luca are all first year players at the club and have been given opportunities forward. Mundy has been tried, Tabs has been given a go. The forward line is a work in progress with Bennell, Apeness, Uber still to be tried . This furphy that nothing has changed in our forward line is utter crap.

jusjoshin and BlueBerryPrince like this.
  7. FreoRicci

FreoRicci Norm Smith Medallist

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
    Sep 22, 2011
    Perth
    What players is that? Nicnat and Yeo? Lycett isn't making your 22 even when fit. Josh Hill, please he's a spud. Your best playe Kennedy pretty much win you games. Without him, as we've seen over the past 4-5 weeks, West Coast struggle big time.

Not sure what players you're expecting to come back.

8. meima

meima Brownlow Medallist

Fremantle
    Jun 5, 2015
    So suck should play MJ upfront from start like poker said .

9. salim malik

Fremantle
    Jan 14, 2008
    Paradise on Earth.
    And your point is ? The question that needs to be answered is who has the oldest list in the comp with little chance of a premiership, in need of a rebuild and nothing in the larder coming thru .;)

Unique Name likes this.
  10. wild side

wild side Club Legend

Fremantle
    Mar 29, 2010
    perth
    Brizzy.
    And so what, we are re-building so you expect a bit of pain.
    There was only 1 club in WA saying they were aiming at Top4.

Suma Magic and meima like this.
  11. Mico89

Mico89 Senior List

West Coast
    Apr 26, 2017
    not a fan of lamb at all.... talking more about parto, rioli and watson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. meima

meima Brownlow Medallist

Fremantle
    Jun 5, 2015
    Fair enough. What else ?

13. wayToGo_

Fremantle
    Oct 24, 2015
    No it's your opinion. You don't even watch the games live - how the **** can you say something definitive about our structures? I find it hilarious that the person most vocal on this is someone that doesn't even attend live games. That's the main benefit of watching live - you can see the whole field for the whole game and not just the zoomed in TV window that focusses on the ball. And similarly you are also the person most vocal about Tabs performance at Peel even though you haven't gone to a single Peel game. I'm not saying your opinions are invalid but you need to respect that others (especially those that watch live) might have different opinions to you because they get a completely different perspective than you do through stats and radio or TV.

None of this is black and white like you so often try to make it. At times our structure around the ground is pretty terrible. Just like at times Tabs performance is pretty bad (eg first half of the game just gone). But with both sometimes it is pretty good as well.

14. ydraw

ydraw Premiership Player

Fremantle
    Apr 27, 2015
    That's exactly what you are saying and your post is a pile of shit.

Watching the games live doesn't give you any special insight. If anything you see less watching a game live.

15. wayToGo_

Fremantle
    Oct 24, 2015
    If you actually read my post you would realise I watched it live and then watched the replay on TV. Like I do almost every home game because each gives a very different perspective. Why am I having this stupid debate? If you honestly can't see that people watching live get a more holistic around the ground perspective (eg for things like structure) then I'm not sure anyone can help you see the light. I hate analysing away games because I have no idea what our players are doing off the ball watching on TV.

_007_ likes this.
  16. barbs

barbs Rookie

Fremantle
    Oct 8, 2004
    Perth
    Neither does Logue

17. ydraw

ydraw Premiership Player

Fremantle
    Apr 27, 2015
    Not sure really, because if that's your only argument then you are out of ideas.

18. wayToGo_

Fremantle
    Oct 24, 2015
    Wow, what a knock out punch that was o_O Love how you always quote out just one sentence and then respond to just it out of context as if nobody will notice. Simply genius work. Bravo.

19. ydraw

ydraw Premiership Player

Fremantle
    Apr 27, 2015
    You've posted 3 posts in a row now arguing that my opinion doesn't count because I didn't watch the game 200m from the action in the worst stadium in the country. I don't really feel i have to quote your whole post, just drunk face would be sufficient.

20. Suma Magic

Suma Magic Brownlow Medallist

West Coast
    Aug 22, 2009
    Just a bit of banter.

I actually agree that our age profile and performance is a problem.

And despite the fact that you've poor the last two years that there are signs that you will improve.

I was just surprised that only one club had less wins.

21. wayToGo_

Fremantle
    Oct 24, 2015
    Again, completely out of context and not even remotely close to accurate. I never invalidated your opinions (not facts) - show me where if I have. I said you should probably respect the opinions of others who watch live because they get a different perspective to what you see on your idiot box or even worse for Peel (just through a stats page). I wouldn't watch the replay on TV if I thought I could see everything at the stadium. But it's the exact same in reverse. I also said in my posts I think our structures suck at times and that Tabs is good at times (ie I agreed with you). But I strongly disagree with you extrapolating both of those as if they exist 100% of game time. Maybe I should get drunk so I can converse on your level?

22. wild side

wild side Club Legend

Fremantle
    Mar 29, 2010
    perth
    Rioli, he's like your Bennell.
    Could be, would be, maybe
    Mate, we only won 4 games last year.
    It wasn't a very good year. Understatement emoji

UFO Tatsu and Suma Magic like this.
  23. ydraw

ydraw Premiership Player

Fremantle
    Apr 27, 2015
    Again - watching live gives you no special insight. You see much less of the game watching live than you do on TV.

You go to watch live for the atmosphere and the experience. You'll see more of the actual game on TV. That's why you can hear the crowd go "ooh ahh" when there's a big screen replay of a free kick at the ground. They didn't see it the first time like the TV watchers did. You'll see bugger all at the ground live compared to someone who watched it on TV with benefit of a zoom lens.

24. Harry Reems

Harry Reems Premiership Player

Fremantle
    Aug 28, 2010
    Perth
    Frankie "the one game wonder" Watson.

25. Ripper

Ripper Brownlow Medallist

Fremantle
    Nov 6, 2002
    End of the Earth.
    Isn't he the bloke that TAbs kicked 5 on on Saturday?

kingswood71 likes this.