Autopsy Eagles Def Freo by 30 points

Remove this Banner Ad

TheInjuryFactory on fire with the meme's.

What did everyone think of Darcy's game? Taking away the fact that he's an 18yr old 4th gamer he competed well and beat Vardy. Still needs to work on having more impact around the ground but that will come with experience and fitness.

After another preseason or two I think he's going to be dominant in the ruck.
Thanks Unique Name

Easy to find inspiration today :rainbow:

With you on Darcy too.

Ha. Ross happy with Kersten? Yeah coz he's consistent- 8 disposals, 1 goal and surprise surprise 1 mark. That's on par with his normal output.

If he fails to chooses Tabs, then that means he dislikes him and is in the way out. No other reason.

Typical Ross being stubborn Ross- brings back Spurr, gives Suban chance after chance. And to top it off, he ll probably bring in Sutcliffe.

And wtf did our players keep slipping over all effin game? Didn't notice the Eagles doing that.

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Those slow old bastards don't move fast enough to slip.
Just a shame we kept kicking it straight to them.

Do people realise how inexperienced we are right now?

What did people expect with the rebuild?
Being able to kick goals from 25m out. Put a way a few of those chances and we could have made a game out of it. Eagles were nothing special and we shat ourselves in front of goals when it mattered.

Meanwhile anyone else mistake the Eagles and umpires guernseys? A couple of times there we were going forward and I was furious we had kicked to a 2 on 1 but realized a second later one of them was actually fluro scum. Why they couldn't have the umpires wear the blue or green shirts beats me.

Budgie feathers all over the place in 104.
Some of our supporters were worse by miles.
Quite a few mutual supporters dobbing in on the passionate supporters to security guards. Really typical. Sick of these fair weather members who are more interested in a boring, quiet game then god forbid loud suppprters

I expected us to stop playing aging role players, experiment with a proper forward structure, and stop being so defensive.

None of those things are really happening at the moment.

We played just about our youngest team in record, and went inside 50 57 times.
Not exactly playing defensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My biggest issue is not so much with people being critical and pointing out he needs to do more, but with him being written off already when he's having to front up on days like today where he's basically our number 1 target.

It's fair enough to write him off as a key forward. He has never shown that he can do that.

I wouldn't write him off as a medium/third tall but I think he's behind both Macarthy and Nyhuis in that role. Where do you fit him in?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we can sort out our I50 entries, we will dominate this comp (5+ years waiting I know)
Everything prior to 60-70m out was excellent and with such an inexperienced team.

We need an entire preseason teaching just going from mid -> forward

You have to actually have a forward line first. We don't have one. Lyon literally refuses to play anyone there.

At one point in the first quarter after a west coast goal, we won the centre bounce clearance and a quick kick landed in a completely vacant forward 50. At various other points in the game the only person in our forward line was Nick Suban opposed to McGovern.

No point blaming players for their forward line entries when they have literally no options to kick to.

I dont really care if its Taberner or Johnson or Zac Dawson or Sam Collins. We need a 2nd genuine tall in the forward line.

At this point though, after dominating the previous 2 weeks in WAFL, if Taberner isn't picked next week it can only really mean that he's set to walk at the end of the year and that's why we aren't playing him.

That still doesn't mean we shouldn't play anyone. We should be cannibilising the back line so at least the rest of the team will start to learn what it's like to play with a proper forward structure. Put one of Johnson, Hamling or Logue forward, and bring in Collins. It's not rocket science.

He's out of contract at the end of the season.

I'm betting Lyon will have him delisted and he'll get picked up by another club....and do well. Meanwhile we will all be crying about a lack of a tall KPF.

He's out of contract at the end of the season.

I'm betting Lyon will have him delisted and he'll get picked up by another club....and do well. Meanwhile we will all be crying about a lack of a tall KPF.

Yes that is my prediction too.

And I think the reason we aren't playing him now is because Freo already know he's going, and given it's a rebuilding year, they are preferring to give games to players who will still be at the club next year.

I guess that goes out the window if he gets selected next week, but if he doesn't, that's the only explanation that makes sense.

It's fair enough to write him off as a key forward. He has never shown that he can do that.

I wouldn't write him off as a medium/third tall but I think he's behind both Macarthy and Nyhuis in that role. Where do you fit him in?

In a similar basket to you, third tall.

There won't always be a spot for him. He'll be competing with Cox and McCarthy (Nyhuis I see as more comp for Crozier/Ballantyne) but I do think he's got enough talent to make himself a fixture. Provided we aren't kicking it over his head with a 196cm KPD as his man.

Ha. Ross happy with Kersten? Yeah coz he's consistent- 8 disposals, 1 goal and surprise surprise 1 mark. That's on par with his normal output.

If he fails to chooses Tabs, then that means he dislikes him and is in the way out. No other reason.

Typical Ross being stubborn Ross- brings back Spurr, gives Suban chance after chance. And to top it off, he ll probably bring in Sutcliffe.

At least if he brings in Sutcliffe it's on the back of good performances with Peel. Kersten went back to Peel once and did * all - and got a recall the next week.

According to the Lyon press conference he's very happy with Kersten. Apparently he's doing really well. As for Taberner, well you can't read much into the numbers and there are other things to consider.

ie. He doesn't like Taberner and he's unlikely to get more games

My favourite part of the Lyon presser
Seeya tabs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back