Eagles flying under the radar

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Not getting a heap of attention or discussion, but will probably hit September with a better 22 than they had last year.

Huge chance for back to back that seems to be buried under the hype of a couple of other teams.

I'm sure the club and fans are pretty happy to have this status, but they should be much higher on the threat scale than they currently are.

I don't think they are so much flying under the radar as they weren't playing all that well for a period of time earlier in the season. They now seem to be getting things together and if they keep it up they'll certainly be well and truly in the hunt again come September.

I don't think they are so much flying under the radar as they weren't playing all that well for a period of time earlier in the season. They now seem to be getting things together and if they keep it up they'll certainly be well and truly in the hunt again come September.

We are still erratic

We’ve played god awful footy mixed with elite

We wait for the boys to click - but who knows if it will happen.

Our best is good enough - our worst is Carlton like

Pretty interesting start to the season

We've had 4 losses - Away to Geelong and Sydney surprises literally no one. Brisbane was a shock but being first game of the season understandable.

Port at home was a bad result.

6/7 at home
3/6 away

You'd back the Eagles to win their 3 home games against North, Adelaide and Hawks
On current form you'd back them against Carlton, Hawks and Melbourne away

Richmond (away) Freo (Derby) Collingwood (home) are the real 50/50 games coming up.

The Port at home was the real poor result. As well as the Sydney game before the bye. Sydney were traveling awfully at the time. They have since won back to back games. But win one of those two games and we would have the exact same record at this time of year as we did last season.

So overall we are traveling pretty well without really hitting our top form. A difference maker is on the way though. The step up in quality from Vardy/Hickey to Nic Nat in the ruck is massive. Naitanui isnt a player who will get 30 touches and kick 4 goals, but his influence on games is massive, he does it in different ways. He's a force to be reckoned with and give him half the season to warm up and then be in peak form for finals and he could be the difference for us this season.

Back to back is very though but we are certainly in the mix.

Not getting a heap of attention or discussion, but will probably hit September with a better 22 than they had last year.

Huge chance for back to back that seems to be buried under the hype of a couple of other teams.

I'm sure the club and fans are pretty happy to have this status, but they should be much higher on the threat scale than they currently are.

Do you even know what that phrase means?

They are spoken about every second week by Vicco media and rightly so given they are the REIGNING PREMIERS. They aren't some unknown, unproven quantity.

I still think WCs best is the best. With NN back, there isnt any weaknesses in the side. So much firepower with a great midfield and solid defence. Problem is, we have been widely inconsistent.
Have to agree on no real weaknesses. Every line is good. That's why I think they are being underrated, huge chance.

This time last year 10-3. This year 9-4. Only 1 game difference
Bullshit. Won 10 straight then lost two in a row ( and a third in their 14th game )

Round 1 loss to Sydney - Score flattered the Swans. Umps were bad, JK didn't play
Other loss to Swans in round 12 - 15 point margin or so. Eagles play bad at the SCG, Many tipped Swans
After that the loss to the Dons you had JK, Darling missing and Les Cras?

The 4 losses this year have been thumping one's. Eagles best can win the flag. This years form compared to last much different.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our entire 2018 season went underneath the radar. It was exceptional to live through, I just couldn't believe it. It was like we were hidden in plain sight.

This season? Not so much. All I ever seem to read or hear is that we are just ticking over nicely, not playing great but banking the wins. The non-WA media seems to be vaguely aware that we're thereabouts.

If NicNat, Barrass, Rioli all come back with full force could be big dangers.

NicNat at stoppages could release Hickey around the ground.

JK/JD duo looking solid as ever.

If flyin ryan and willie rioli can get dangerous in the finals, watch out.

Hurn, Mcgovern, Barrass, Sheppard, Jetta, Cole is a serious back 6.

My question mark probably sits around the midfield. Can Shuey, Sheed, Gaff, Redden, Yeo, Cripps, Masten, Jetta stand up to the better midfields in the competition.

If NicNat, Barrass, Rioli all come back with full force could be big dangers.

NicNat at stoppages could release Hickey around the ground.

JK/JD duo looking solid as ever.

If flyin ryan and willie rioli can get dangerous in the finals, watch out.

Hurn, Mcgovern, Barrass, Sheppard, Jetta, Cole is a serious back 6.

My question mark probably sits around the midfield. Can Shuey, Sheed, Gaff, Redden, Yeo, Cripps, Masten, Jetta stand up to the better midfields in the competition.

They already have against GWS and Collingwood..

Put another couple of bolts in the lid

We are no chance

Geelongs flag to lose. Freo the Smokey with the hunger behind them
Yeah nah, you guys are a very real chance particularly if you finish top 2. I’d absolutely love to be proven wrong but there’s minimal chance of a Freo flag this season

********. Won 10 straight then lost two in a row ( and a third in their 14th game )

Round 1 loss to Sydney - Score flattered the Swans. Umps were bad, JK didn't play
Other loss to Swans in round 12 - 15 point margin or so. Eagles play bad at the SCG, Many tipped Swans
After that the loss to the Dons you had JK, Darling missing and Les Cras?

The 4 losses this year have been thumping one's. Eagles best can win the flag. This years form compared to last much different.

Yes hence this year we have a percentage of 106 compared to 124 at the same point in the season.

We haven't played as well but are still 9-4. We are fourth and you can only really argue that 3 teams have been better after 12/13 games so we are where we should be. Just need to keep winning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back