Eagles get cosy

Remove this Banner Ad

ghostbat12

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
It's interesting the difference in sentiment/tone people have here compared to when salacious or inappropriate behaviour occurs in the workplace between men and women. Simon Lethlean anyone? It's much like when a young male is sexually abused by a teacher, compared to if a young female is; the two get reported completely different and public sentiment is rarely aligned.

For one, Darren Glass is married so there is that. Secondly, Glass is obviously in a 'position of power' in this instance and is the 'older man' which oft gets reported when these stories hit the news.

Replace Hurn with a young, female staff member in this rumour and I doubt you get many of the opinions or attitudes shown in this thread.

Except hurn isn’t a young female staff member and glass isn’t his boss.

Nor is he under age and being abused so your comparisons are not valid. Hurn is a man in his 30s. So it’s treated differently because it is different.

Glass being married has nothing to do with it. His wife doesn’t work for eagles. May be proven wrong.

I think it’s all BS anyway. He went to a CEO position. Forced to leave plus a CEO position lands in his lap just like that? Yeah ok.

I think it is what it is on face value. Glass quit his job to go to another. I have quit a job before and it wasn’t because I was involved with office girls.

Although I had a female boss in mid 20s whom I wished she took advantage of me. Good god. But alas not to be.

Numero Uno

Club Legend
Mar 28, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
It's interesting the difference in sentiment/tone people have here compared to when salacious or inappropriate behaviour occurs in the workplace between men and women. Simon Lethlean anyone? It's much like when a young male is sexually abused by a teacher, compared to if a young female is; the two get reported completely different and public sentiment is rarely aligned.

For one, Darren Glass is married so there is that. Secondly, Glass is obviously in a 'position of power' in this instance and is the 'older man' which oft gets reported when these stories hit the news.

Replace Hurn with a young, female staff member in this rumour and I doubt you get many of the opinions or attitudes shown in this thread.

one was also fact and the other is a halfwit rumour

you didn't mention that obvious difference

PenAndPaperJosh

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
At least that is the narrative. As if Hurn couldnt or wouldnt stand up for himself, aka its crap.
Obviously take the rumour with a grain of salt, but to dismiss the notion of a position of power because you think he could or would stand up for himself is kind of the point of why a position of power is something that can be really conflicting for the person that isn't in the power position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sprockets

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond

Mumfus

Premium Gold
Mar 15, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
friend of a friend who works at the club often says they try to set Hurn up with a girl etc. but never clicks, doesn't mean he's gay but also doesn't matter, moral of the story was friend of friend thought he was the nicest bloke at the club.

Cuzz09

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
hes always had an "old" head so maybe he just had not luck in the clubbing days (midfield glory boys stealing all the ladies) and just thought ah well.

I know he's a keen fisherman and probably prefers being out on a boat by himself than being with anyone

Remove this Banner Ad