Eagles in the final 3...

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 5, 2004
AFL Club
West Coast
... standing. :)

I'm a realist, we're massive underdogs against the Cats next week. And even if we jagged a win, it's probably Collingwood again a week later. As much as this season has been amazing, it's going to come to an end soon, most likely next Saturday.

But we're going to be in the final 3 teams standing, fighting for the flag. :D:thumbsu: Given that either Pies or Hawks are out after Friday night, of course. :p

We'll have outlasted 14 other teams, leapfrogged 13 other teams from last year, and will be one of the last 3 possibilities to win this year's premiership.

Fingers crossed, that given the last side to rise from spoon to prelim was the Brisbane Lions just over a decade ago, we can mirror not only their rise, but their ensuing grand final success. :):thumbsu:

West Coast have Never lost a Preliminary Final..Always went on to make the GF

eagles rise from the bottom has been the story of the year by a long way for mine, have loved watching you guys play all year

hopefully its a great game next saturday, best of luck

I think that the players will have a lot of self belief because we beat the cats earlier in the year (granted it was at Subi but still) and they know they can match it with the top sides. I will be happy with a 5-6 goal loss, as long as we put in the effort (although it would be nice to go from wooden spooners to grand finalists ;)) I will be there next Saturday with my Geelong supporting friend and hope to do alot of bragging on the train back from the game :p

why should we lose to Geelong?

we've already beaten them this year, and we've always beaten them in finals.

why should we lose to Geelong?

we've already beaten them this year, and we've always beaten them in finals.

hopefully we dont lose...but realistically its a big ask,and gets harder each week..the cats have had a week off - they wont be the same cats we played last time (as the blues werent the same)..we get more battered and bruised each week..but given the year weve had to date,anything seems possible.
but theres no way i'll be disapponted with a loss next week..and if we somehow make it to a GF (unbelievable)-then regardless of the outcome,that is just an amazing story in itself. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a feeling that we just played our grand final.

I would be pretty happy with a good showing against them without getting flogged. It is painfully obvious to me that we have 4-5 kids who are playing really well but just aernt there yet.

hopefully we dont lose...but realistically its a big ask,and gets harder each week..the cats have had a week off - they wont be the same cats we played last time (as the blues werent the same)..we get more battered and bruised each week..but given the year weve had to date,anything seems possible.
but theres no way i'll be disapponted with a loss next week..and if we somehow make it to a GF (unbelievable)-then regardless of the outcome,that is just an amazing story in itself. :D

+1. I can't see them coming up against the Cats, but by golly, they'll throw everything at them, including Cox's new car (ironically a Ford). Even if we lose, I'm won't be ashamed of the boys, they have proven themselves a thousand times over. So many youngsters in the team and yet they've shown can play senior footy. They can hold their heads up high.

Woosha just needs to man up and stop playing favorites, make some subtle changes to the side and we can close the gap a little more against the top two sides.

We naturally match up well against Geelong so it should be a good game. We need more drive from defense and Rosa in for Gaff will improve us further.

Unbelievable season, hope we don't get smashed next week but it is on the cards.

We still need more skill and composure. Waters and A Selwood are brave and necessary players but I wish they didn't turn it over so often.

Woosha just needs to man up and stop playing favorites, make some subtle changes to the side and we can close the gap a little more against the top two sides.

We naturally match up well against Geelong so it should be a good game. We need more drive from defense and Rosa in for Gaff will improve us further.

This. Spot On. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back