2nds Eagles in the WAFL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

can you elaborate on the dummy spit?
Barney reported it.He has to be injured or it must be a discipline thing. like barney I wasn't there.

Wasn't there but heard he was abusing team mates during the game, didn't walk off with the team and then stormed out of the changerooms and went home.

Heard more to it than that but waiting to see if anyone can confirm.

Barney44, Jun 4, 2018 Report
Share Tweet
#2303 Like +

Last edited:

No room for former AFL listed player Gorter.
Bigger elephant in the room then Gorter.When Barrass and Darling are fit I think some Eagles may have to play ressies.Maybe Rotham or Oallen or both.I was thinking already that the team was becoming too top heavy.I don't think Anderson will be dropped as I am sure he is in the leadership group.

Bigger elephant in the room then Gorter.When Barrass and Darling are fit I think some Eagles may have to play ressies.Maybe Rotham or Oallen or both.I was thinking already that the team was becoming too top heavy.I don't think Anderson will be dropped as I am sure he is in the leadership group.
Think Rotham could play mid/small defender as he has the speed/agility to do so and its probably the position that he best suited to. Could flourish under schoey and Emac.
He also relegates Mutimer to the 2's

Not sure about O.Allen. Probably plays reserves but he is a first year player after all.
That said he has been ok in the last couple games i have seen. Could potentially play as a HFF/wingmen.
Have Fmac and Vardy playing a split ruck/bench ratio like the 2 in the seniors are doing and Brander and Matt Allen playing a similar roles to JK/JD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anderson's co-captain isn't he?

Barrass shouldn't be an issue because he hasn't been replaced this week. When he comes back it'll probably be at the expense of Nelson or another small.

Gawd we need our own standalone WAFL side. Freo can keep Peel, but let us do our own thing.

Plus watching black and blue is like a grater to the eye sockets.
Oallen will just be moved to another position if its too tall in defence. No chance of being dropped purely from a WCE viewpoint.
Gawd we need our own standalone WAFL side. Freo can keep Peel, but let us do our own thing.

Plus watching black and blue is like a grater to the eye sockets.

Maybe go back to the old system where players were spread out thru wafl teams then players can play the position they got drafted at.Oallen was drafted as a kpf with hopes he could be a midfielder and ends up as a backman.Tony Olongo has been a bit injury prone but I doubt he would get a game no matter how well he plays in the ressies.You can't play three ruckman and you have too many tall forwards.The problem isn't a alignment thing it is that the eagles have a lopsided list of too many talls and a lot of developing talls and not enough good mids.They may correct it at the next draft.

Spoiler alert for the WAFL season. Subiaco is going to win the GF.
i was discussing this with some mates yesterday, and i dont think people realise how big a gulf there is between afl and wafl.
Subi are dominating the wafl, just like they have for the past couple of years. i would say subi are slightly better this year than last year, mainly due to the inclusion of Zac Clark. Subi did loose Ryan though.
Last two years subi were beaten in the GF by Peel, a wafl team with a heavy influx of borderline afl players and young potential afl players. no "superstars" played in the team for peel (players like Mundy, Fyfe, Sandi etc...). Now while Gold Coast are struggling, they still have a handful of players that would annihilate subi given the chance. I dont think subi would get within 10 goals of any afl side.

disclaimer: I have been supporting Subi for 35 years an have been a country member for years

Edit: oh right the OP....with the new rules regarding afl players in the peel/EP teams, Subi might snatch the GF, but its still gonna be tough.

i was discussing this with some mates yesterday, and i dont think people realise how big a gulf there is between afl and wafl.
Subi are dominating the wafl, just like they have for the past couple of years. i would say subi are slightly better this year than last year, mainly due to the inclusion of Zac Clark. Subi did loose Ryan though.
Last two years subi were beaten in the GF by Peel, a wafl team with a heavy influx of borderline afl players and young potential afl players. no "superstars" played in the team for peel (players like Mundy, Fyfe, Sandi etc...). Now while Gold Coast are struggling, they still have a handful of players that would annihilate subi given the chance. I dont think subi would get within 10 goals of any afl side.

disclaimer: I have been supporting Subi for 35 years an have been a country member for years

Edit: oh right the OP....with the new rules regarding afl players in the peel/EP teams, Subi might snatch the GF, but its still gonna be tough.
agreed as a subi supporter for 50+ years.

the talk of subi beating GC is farcical

I had a look at branders fantastic highlights. brilliant stuff but he is never going to get that space in the afl as an example

Unfortunately Perth v EF is the broadcast game. The Chaos 9000 cup.

ffs
ok-then.gif

Odds of me getting a response are about the same as me winning the office World Cup sweep after I drew Panama :(
It is virtually impossible to find out what the injury situation is with rookies.If it is something more I doubt it will come out.The only things that come out seem to be when it is of serious matter.

It is virtually impossible to find out what the injury situation is with rookies.If it is something more I doubt it will come out.The only things that come out seem to be when it is of serious matter.

Tell me about it, I seem to send a similar tweet about once a month. Sent the same thing about three times re Burrows/Olango at the start of the year when they were both AWOL, eventually got told they were "returning from preseason injury layoff" or some such.

Also hassled them for about three weeks about Karpany without luck, he was a senior player not playing but didn't appear in the injury list for weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back