Analysis Eagles or Cats

This. Please let it be the Cats so I can wear my Tigers merch around Geelong just to see the salty handbag tears.

I grew up in Lara - so essentially Geelong. There is an extra bit of joy to see them lose in finals. 😈

Apr 27, 2014
The Funny Farm Lakes Entrance
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
Would you rather meet the Eagles or the Cats in the preliminary final, and why?

It’s a question I’ve been running through my mind for a week and I’ve still struggled to find an answer, our win against the Eagles wasn’t overly convincing and suggests a close contest and our mid season loss to the Cats was a completely one sided defeat.

Recent form and the eye test suggests we should defeat either team but is there an obvious weakness in either teams current game plan or team that leaves them susceptible to a Tiger demolition?
Poll please ?

I grew up in Lara - so essentially Geelong. There is an extra bit of joy to see them lose in finals. 😈

Absolutely. Even better when 90% of your extended family are Geelong supporters. 😁

I love the thought of the Cats going out in straight sets but I also love the thought of knocking the Cats out ourselves in a prelim at the 'G with Dusty starring and Dangerfield clangering.

This. Geelong is my most hated team.

So, I am torn. Straight sets would hurt them more and be hilarious but at the same time, I want us to be the ones to knock them out so I can give my family s**t for the next 6 months. 😂

Absolutely. Even better when 90% of your extended family are Geelong supporters. 😁

Mine are Richmond (still live in Geelong), soft Geelong and couldn't care. So I don't get the joy out of beating them - or the pain when they beat us.

French Tiger

Premiership Player
Oct 4, 2004
Albury
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa ,Goldern State
Don’t really care as long as they go hard at each other !
Would be good to have 90 odd k Tiger supporters at the game again if it was the Eagles , but would still have a big crowd advantage re the cats as well !

Early forecast for next Friday looks like some rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
Yep pretty simple equation play to our best ability and we win. Hopefully the psychs down at the club have players in good head space , worst worst possible thing our players could do is start thinking of last years prelim in a negative light .
Thinking about what?!?!..................

the rain eh?
shame you can't moderate your own silly content

Shame the Richmond sycophants can't react decently to anything outside of the group think

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
Shame the Richmond sycophants can't react decently to anything outside of the group think
giphy.gif

guruisatiger

Grand Poohbah of Ganymede
Oct 25, 2006
from the hinterlands of sri lanka and tibet
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
B.S.C youngboys.. Borussia Dortmund
Would you rather meet the Eagles or the Cats in the preliminary final, and why?

It’s a question I’ve been running through my mind for a week and I’ve still struggled to find an answer, our win against the Eagles wasn’t overly convincing and suggests a close contest and our mid season loss to the Cats was a completely one sided defeat.

Recent form and the eye test suggests we should defeat either team but is there an obvious weakness in either teams current game plan or team that leaves them susceptible to a Tiger demolition?
Both teams will be disqualified

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Cats. Worst minor premiers in recent memory. We have them covered.
Eagles are easily capable of beating us even at the MCG. We beat them by a goal last time and conditions did favour us. Could realistically go either way, especially with Naitanui.

I don't fear the Cats at all, and with a full team now (close enough) I would be pretty comfortable against them.

Back