Traded Eagles Pick 50+2018 1st for Gold Coast Picks21,26,37+2018 2nd

Remove this Banner Ad

May 5, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
If anyone has the time, go back to the 2015 draft. That is where all those draft picks came from pretty much.

Gold Coast received 4 future 2nd rounders in 2015 from other clubs which activated the following year. Instead of using them the following year they traded them all over to 2017, seemingly because they thought that draft was finally going to be the good one - but nope, apparently not, apparently didn't like that one either and tried to trade them all for just 1 pick the following year, only this time it absolutely blew up.

In fairness I think most people thought West Coast would finish pretty low this year, so it didn't seem too bad at the time, maybe slightly over-generous, but the way they held the picks over for three drafts essentially, and passed over all the players available in the 2nd round of those drafts, only to trade it away 3 years later all for a 5 pick improvement sums up the slapstick comedy that has been their list management and trading since their inception.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Hey! don't forget you also received Pick 50 from the eagles
Haha true , luckily AFL just my casual sport. EPL is my thingy, so don't take me too seriously .

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
People didn’t think so at the time so you can’t judge too harshly.

Extraordinary circumstances.

But even if not, Weller for pick 2 definitely is worse.
Nah this is definitely the worse , Weller for pick 2 and 41 Ballard still give a little hope that both can become a good player , pick 18 ,50 (Crossley)vs pick 20,21 ,26(Liam Ryan ),37 are like buying 4 lotto ticket vs two .

Last edited:

rainwizard39

Club Legend
Aug 20, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Pick 19 when Tom Lynch leaves also will eagles get a first for Gaff leaving? Plus after bids are matched the pick will end up further down the order.

I know it looked a good deal back last year but man Scott Clayton really screwed Suns over. Traded pick 2 for Weller, this trade and then drafting wil Powell at 19 far earlier then expected.

Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon
So a two pick down grade in the end? The Lynch compo won't change that, just push both picks back so the Suns need the AFL to issue about 47 end of first round compo picks just to move the trade up from unthinkable to horrible.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
What If ?
Fremantle take multiple Second Rd pick with this year second Rd .
Tim Kelly instead of pick 2 Brayshaw /Cerra , Bailey Fritsch/Liam Ryan , Zac Langdon and this year GC second Rd .

https://thewest.com.au/sport/west-c...st-coasts-recruiting-department-ng-b88751211z
Veteran recruiting guru Scott Clayton has joined West Coast in a significant boost to the club’s list management plans.

It is understood Clayton, the inaugural Gold Coast list manager, will join the existing Eagles recruiting staff rather than become part of any shake-up of the department.

Staff were told of the appointment this morning, with Clayton to be based in Melbourne.

Clayton left the Suns after last year’s national draft as the club opted for change in several key football positions.

Last edited:

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Imagine Fremantle take multiple second Rd pick and go local ( Tim Kelly , Liam Ryan , Zac Langdon ) instead of pick 2 . Maybe Eagles won't win a flag without Liam Ryan .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back