Autopsy Eagles Post Match: We’re on to the Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree the umps were horrible - but Eagles deserved the win and didn’t win it from umpiring. We got the rub of the green in the last after getting crippled for 3 quarters.
We got consolations in the last after getting burried by that Liam Ryan 50m when we had all the momentum

I agree the Eagles deserved it, but I'm just saying there's no need for drastic action. We could play them tomorrow and win, in my opinion

Too good again. Our one way running midfield was exposed. We need to work harder against these guys.

You know what it is to watch a game of football and shit yourself waiting on a ****ed up umpiring decision to come from sweet **** all in every contest and some ****ed up lol love tap to the chest.. I found myself watching these gil donkeys more than the actual football tonight..

This game is pretty good proof of the value Varcoe provides, even if he's possession count isn't high. He gets in low, wins the ball and frees up teammates. Chases and tackles like maniac. He simply must come back in - he just influences contests in our favour so often.

We needed him out there tonight, laying some more bone crunching Shuey chasedown tackles. Instead we got Levi and Stephenson both played out of position, Aish and JT struggling with the tempo, and a dysfunctional forwardline that burned a hell of a lot of chances.

is this the changes thread?

Out: Aish
In: Varcoe

I know its probably gonna draw a response from TD but it has to happen, he was pathetic

I bring in Quyanor IF Aish is Dropped.

Elliot,Stephenson and Pendles can be dropped as they where as Pathetic

West Coasts midfield and rucks have comprehensively outplayed ours for the last four games. They are well structured, disciplined, work harder and are tougher at the contest. They spread so well and are always on the right side of the contest. Our midfield group and coach really need to re evaluate our set ups because they have been terrible so far this season.

What the **** is Mason Cox doing.

He looks like he enters every contest trying to milk a free rather than win the ball.

Those two 50s were disgusting, particularly the first. Also be nice if the umpires enforced the 9m drop out zone, the number of times Ryan was sitting in the goalsquare after we took a mark was astounding, didn’t even pretend to try and get back like he’s meant to.

That said West Coast were clearly four goals better than us tonight and throughly deserve that.

I’m getting a little frustrated by Treloar running in wet cement when we’re defending, and looking frustrated when he doesn’t get a handball in attack. He is a really good player but might be a little bit about “me” at times.

Apart from Adams and De Goey reckon we've seen our other supposed stars retreat into their shells the past couple of times we have played West Coast.

They looked Scared of Eagles

I thought we were a bit flat and played a game style that played into their hands.

They had a good run of luck, with the umps too at crucial moments, but I think that they are a 2 goal better side than us at the moment. We have all year to bridge that gap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too good not much else to say, didn’t really give our forwards a chance lowered our colours in the middle for too long. Will need to play with more dare to beat them.

Horrible. We looked like we’ve been drinking our own bath water, believing the media beat-ups. Hot favourites again. Right. What a reality check.

The Eagles are a very good and skilful side. They wanted the ball more, were harder at it, and better led. We haven’t beaten them in the last four outings. And the umpires, while making some baffling decisions, did not win it for them.

Now to pick ourselves up off the floor and get ready to do battle with the Dogs. I hope that’s our low point for the year.

This game is pretty good proof of the value Varcoe provides, even if he's possession count isn't high. He gets in low, wins the ball and frees up teammates. Chases and tackles like maniac. He simply must come back in - he just influences contests in our favour so often.

We needed him out there tonight, laying some more bone crunching Shuey chasedown tackles. Instead we got Levi and Stephenson both played out of position, Aish and JT struggling with the tempo, and a dysfunctional forwardline that burned a hell of a lot of chances.
I agree. Speed was something we really lacked tonight. Varcoe and WHE are very important in that regard. West coasts small forwards were very damaging.

Beams is still nothing but a front runner. He was not what we needed. Hope this ends up on a banner somewhere. Did not want.

Don’t know why we played Greenwood as a forward.

He either tags a player or doesn’t play.

It’s simple.
He started on Shuey but wasn’t able to maintain the tag. Was a liability after that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back