Eagles Salaries.........

Remove this Banner Ad

The Passenger

The passenger, I am...
Veteran 10k Posts 30k Posts Sensible Type WCE Wings Guernsey
Mar 25, 2003
anyone got a clue of what the Eagles Salaries are for this season. I know we don't get the exact amount like they do in the U.S. but I think we all know the ballpark figures.

BTW, the Salary Cap is $5,750,000 right??

I did a bit of a rough chart:

Minimum Wage (60K a year) - Chris Judd, Jeremy Humm (?), Mark Seaby, Ashley Sampi, Ashley Hansen, Adam Selwood, Brent Staker, Paul Johnson, Mark Nicoski, Clancey Rudeforth, Zac Beeck, Aaron Edwards.

Not sure about Jeremy Humm, but I was under the impression the Eagles signed him for three years........could be wrong though.

Low Wages (60-100K a year) - Kane Munro (would recieve about an average wage for players in this group), Josh Wooden (high wage for this group), Callum Chambers (high), Damien Adkins (average), Andrew McDougall (average), Quinten Lynch (?) (low), Darren Glass (high), David Sierakowski (low), Travis Gaspar (average), Andrew Embley (average), Kasey Green (average), David Haynes (average), Troy Wilson (high), Trent Carroll (average).

Quinten Lynch could still be on minimum wage but I'm not sure if their rookie contract carries over when they are promoted, or if a club gives them a new contract.

Medium Wages (100-250K a year) - Daniel Kerr (average), Chad Morrison (high), Drew Banfield (average), Chad Fletcher (low), Michael Braun (high), Ashley McIntosh (low), Daniel Chick (high), Rowan Jones (low), Dean Cox (low), Michael Collica (average), Phil Read (average), Phil Matera (high), Adam Hunter (low).

High Wages (>250K a year) - Michael Gardiner (I reckon on around 325K a year), Ben Cousins (575K), Glen Jakovich (350K), Peter Matera (310K), David Wirrpunda (300K).

So there are 12 guys on minimum wage - which is 720K.
14 guys on low wages averaging about 80K a year - 1,120K
13 guys on medium wages average about 170K a year - 2,210K
5 guys on high wages totaling 1,860K

In total that makes up $5,910,000, a minus rookie and veteran deductions, we would probably have about $5,600,000

Would that sound about right??? or I am I way out of the ball park

Rookie listed players only get 17k in this current AFL PA CBA.

Senior listed players are on a minimum of around 60 odd. Start of next year when the AFLPA CBA kicks in the minimum for any player will be 70.

Originally posted by ozzult
Rookie listed players only get 17k in this current AFL PA CBA.

Senior listed players are on a minimum of around 60 odd. Start of next year when the AFLPA CBA kicks in the minimum for any player will be 70.

oooo ok didn't realize rookie players got so little. I thought they still got the minimum wage of main list players.

Yea i thought next year the minimum wage was going up.

Is that salary cap going up next year??

You are forgetting the veterans list and so only half of Materas and McIntoshs saleries would count. From what I remember, Cousins is currently on about 400k. Gardiner would be on a similar wage but a bit less. Chick would be on high wages as well, probably about 250-300k. I very much doubt Jako is on 375k. Morrison is on about 300k, Sierakowski is on quite a bit as well, can't remember how much about 250k i think. You would think Embley, Wooden, Adkins and maybe Chambers or Glass would be on more than 100k.

Originally posted by Sera
You are forgetting the veterans list and so only half of Materas and McIntoshs saleries would count. From what I remember, Cousins is currently on about 400k. Gardiner would be on a similar wage but a bit less. Chick would be on high wages as well, probably about 250-300k. I very much doubt Jako is on 375k. Morrison is on about 300k, Sierakowski is on quite a bit as well, can't remember how much about 250k i think. You would think Embley, Wooden, Adkins and maybe Chambers or Glass would be on more than 100k.

I discounted half of Matera's and Milli wages when I did the deductions at the end.

I thought Cuz was on a lot more than 400K??

I think Jako is in the high 300's because from memory when he signed his last contract he had just won his fourth B&F and I don't think the club thought age would take it's toll so quickly??

And why is Morrison on 300K and Siera on 250K - I had no idea about those, is that heresay?? or is generally wellknown?? That's outrageous.

You would think Embley, Wooden, Adkins and maybe Chambers or Glass would be on more than 100k.
Add Green and Haynes to that group, both playing virtually all year and probably on performance based contracts

Originally posted by Black Thunder
I discounted half of Matera's and Milli wages when I did the deductions at the end.

I thought Cuz was on a lot more than 400K??

I think Jako is in the high 300's because from memory when he signed his last contract he had just won his fourth B&F and I don't think the club thought age would take it's toll so quickly??

And why is Morrison on 300K and Siera on 250K - I had no idea about those, is that heresay?? or is generally wellknown?? That's outrageous.
Cousins is somewhere between 400 and 450, and I think Wirra and Gardiner aren't that far behind. Jako is from memory around the 300 mark.

I'd be amazed if Seira is above 200, he wasn't even getting a regular game for St Kilda.

Surely with Peter Matera, Mcintosh retiring, Jakovich, Sierakowski, Collica on minimum wage... we must have a spare 350g somewhere to target a high profile player or a couple promising players.

High Profile- Hay, Rawlings, Ottens, Fevola, Lockyer....

Promising- Hadrill, Mcgrath (Brisbane). Hayden...

On 6PR they RECON Leon Davis will be playing for us next year. I hope not :rolleyes:

better not happen!! can't happen!! a travesty if there ever was one.

Ashley McGrath is one guy I'd love to get though.

If Sierakowski is on 250K, that is a bonus because that'll free up a lot of dough at the end of the year, along with Peter Matera on about 300K

And if Morrison is on such high salary, we could trade him for a highish draft pick to free up salary, giving us upto 3/4 of a million to sign some guys.....

this off-season will be very interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When Hawks were flying they all took pay cuts to continue success . That success did come and they all seem to have fared well financially with longevity in the game or coaching for many of them .
Whilst Nic Nat took a contract for less money ( fair enough he hasnt played much ) I didnt see that same attitude with Lycett , Gaff and McGovern . All wanting big bucks . Well I may be wrong but I sensed some of our boys a bit money hungry . Not sure where this talk recently about pay cuts comes from (Hopefully from many not just a few )to get Kelly in but in the long run success will bring its own financial rewards .

When Hawks were flying they all took pay cuts to continue success . That success did come and they all seem to have fared well financially with longevity in the game or coaching for many of them .
Whilst Nic Nat took a contract for less money ( fair enough he hasnt played much ) I didnt see that same attitude with Lycett , Gaff and McGovern . All wanting big bucks . Well I may be wrong but I sensed some of our boys a bit money hungry . Not sure where this talk recently about pay cuts comes from (Hopefully from many not just a few )to get Kelly in but in the long run success will bring its own financial rewards .
At the end of the day it is their job. Would you sacrifice your pay so your company could hire someone else?

It’s more like would you work for slightly less in a job that is more enjoyable and has greater personal rewards, as well as providing better long term prospects.
I personally would but everyone is different. Some people dont care either way and just want to set themselves up financially.

I personally would but everyone is different. Some people dont care either way and just want to set themselves up financially.

Agreed,

I find it more amazing that guys in the NBA don’t take lower contracts to sign greater depth. What’s the difference in $30million compared with $25. You are already setup yourself and family for life. In that case it is very much about ego and needing to have a max contract to show your the best player.

Agreed,

I find it more amazing that guys in the NBA don’t take lower contracts to sign greater depth. What’s the difference in $30million compared with $25. You are already setup yourself and family for life. In that case it is very much about ego and needing to have a max contract to show your the best player.

sadly most players mess this up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back