Strategy Eagles Strategic Changes in 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

i cant believe you all think im kidding

its just my honest opinion , i feel youre not going to do well in these coming years

brendons not a star in the making , hes not that good actually

i would suggest not getting your hopes up for success anytime soon

the eagles wont win a flag in the next 3 decades
You campaigners know what happened next!

Crumbers at the drop of the ball please. And this is not restricted to the inside 50. Coming out of defence our dropped marks on the wing and hff always seem to be gathered by the opposition and run back into our defence. Turn those contests into even a ball up and it puts us in a better position, but having some speed coming past the marking contest looking for a handball.. Sploosh
Yeah the smalls.

Not sure about that - JD had a whopper in the last minute of the GF that would have made him a hero forever. I still can't believe he dropped it.

In the context of my post though, I raged a lot less at it this year. And in the dying moments we pulled off clean sweep coast to coast kick mark goal conversion. Talk about sploosh.

JDs drop was a shocker. To me it looked like he tried to see if he was going to cross the goal line before completing the mark, but he had the room. If two blokes are on him he marks it. The space they gave him then after a monstrous third quarter is amazing.

In the context of my post though, I raged a lot less at it this year. And in the dying moments we pulled off clean sweep coast to coast kick mark goal conversion. Talk about sploosh.

JDs drop was a shocker. To me it looked like he tried to see if he was going to cross the goal line before completing the mark, but he had the room. If two blokes are on him he marks it. The space they gave him then after a monstrous third quarter is amazing.
I suspect he was clever enough to sneak out the back and run hard to position. Such a shame he dropped it as it was amazing that he was able to find that space toward the end of a close game.

Haha, freo posters on here. “Maybe don’t play so many talls” you mean the talls that allowed us to control the ball all year, kick and mark the ball more than any other side, and the talls that pretty much just won us the flag?? Yep, great strategy. Please, tell us more about game plans and players retiring without premiership medals :moustache:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suspect he was clever enough to sneak out the back and run hard to position. Such a shame he dropped it as it was amazing that he was able to find that space toward the end of a close game.
Yep, it was a very awkward moment given all the negative press he copped from 2015's dropped mark.
It was a pity because he had some stellar moments through the season and that last mark (and goal?)
would've capped off his season wonderfully and boosted his confidence bank.
A bit like when had that great game (Tigers?), kicked a swag of goals, then got the last mark in the goal square
and jaw-droppingly missed the set shot. Maybe 2019 he's turned the corner on those clangers?

Strategic changes for 2019?....yes, I hope so.

This is quite funny in retrospect.
Need to put it in context - we had 16 players yet to debut and these 4 players were down on production in 2017.

Schofield had a great GF but really only pinch hit during the season enabling more games into Cole. LeCras certainly benefited from our new forward line. Hutch has got better each year and with a new midfield- he was excellent in his role.

But fair call - the players I wanted out did play their role much better in 2018. Out of them all - Marsten was probably the biggest surprise

upload_2018-11-11_14-2-23.png

Need to put it in context - we had 16 players yet to debut and these 4 players were down on production in 2017.

Schofield had a great GF but really only pinch hit during the season enabling more games into Cole. LeCras certainly benefited from our new forward line. Hutch has got better each year and with a new midfield- he was excellent in his role.

But fair call - the players I wanted out did play their role much better in 2018. Out of them all - Marsten was probably the biggest surprise

View attachment 583546
you spelt "Masten" wrong

i cant believe you all think im kidding

its just my honest opinion , i feel youre not going to do well in these coming years

brendons not a star in the making , hes not that good actually

i would suggest not getting your hopes up for success anytime soon

the eagles wont win a flag in the next 3 decades
lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back