Prediction Eagles Team 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
A fun excercise for over the Christmas period perhaps?:christmastree:šŸŽ…:christmastree:

Lets fast forward to Dec 2025. Two years and two drafts and two trade periods from now.

First step. Who do we have now who will be still on the list and best 30ish?

Duggan Barrass Chesser
Hunt. H Edwards Burgiel
Hough Ginbey Long
Brockman Allen Hewett
B Williams Maric Ryan

Fol: Flynn, H Ried, Kelly

Bench: Jones, Petrucelle, Bazzo, Hall or Barnett / A Ried.

So with two drafts and trade periods, 2024 + 2025 what and who do we target?

Where do we spend our freed up cap space?

Will be interesting to see different outcomes and how we may look entering the 2026 season.

Ho. Ho. Ho.....
photos screensaver GIF

A fun excercise for over the Christmas period perhaps?:christmastree:šŸŽ…:christmastree:

Lets fast forward to Dec 2025. Two years and two drafts and two trade periods from now.

First step. Who do we have now who will be still on the list and best 30ish?

Duggan Barrass Chesser
Hunt. H Edwards Burgiel
Hough Ginbey Long
Brockman Allen Hewett
B Williams Maric Ryan

Fol: Flynn, H Ried, Kelly

Bench: Jones, Petrucelle, Bazzo, Hall or Barnett / A Ried.

So with two drafts and trade periods, 2024 + 2025 what and who do we target?

Where do we spend our freed up cap space?

Will be interesting to see different outcomes and how we may look entering the 2026 season.

Ho. Ho. Ho.....

B: Burgiel Barrass Duggan
HB: Busslinger Taylor Hough
C: Johnston Hall Chesser
HF: Brockman Allen Hewett
F: Ryan Reid Long
F: BWilliams, Ginbey, Reid
I/C: Barnett, Maric, Culley, 2024 R1

Sub: Champion

B: Hough Barrass Duggan
HB: Baker Busslinger Bazzo
C: Burgiel Ginbey Chesser
HF: Long Allen Brockman
F: Ryan Maric Champion
F: Flynn Reid Hewett

B: B.Williams Hall Cole 2024 pick
Sub: 2025 R1

Not sure what will happen with guys like A.Reid and Barnett, if B.Williams decides to go home, one of those 2 should slot in his spot nicely.
Baker, and Buss being the only trade/FA aquisitions I have here, im sure there will be some random ones that pop up though

Lol. Just saw the latest Eagles podcast by that young fella yesterday.

Topic. Eagles best 24 round 1 2027.

Will post his best 24 over the weekend. Had no new draftees or trades included so based on current list only.

Looking at the teams we desperately need a couple of KPDs some elite kicking HFFs and an elite kicking HBF otherwise we have the foundations of a good young team. Also a ball pig inside/ outsise mid but i expect this to be addressed with our firs pick this year.

B: Burgiel Barrass Duggan
HB: Busslinger Taylor Hough
C: Johnston Hall Chesser
HF: Brockman Allen Hewett
F: Ryan Reid Long
F: BWilliams, Ginbey, Reid
I/C: Barnett, Maric, Culley, 2024 R1

Sub: Champion
Just an update ... sammy taylor has dumped his WA-based management group and been picked up by a Sydney-based outfit ... might signal he plans on staying east

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just an update ... sammy taylor has dumped his WA-based management group and been picked up by a Sydney-based outfit ... might signal he plans on staying east
I accept that Sammy playing CHB for us is 95% fantasy and 5% reality. Have to hope that he misses his family and that money talks. Donā€™t know why anyone would leave GWS given how good they look and are likely to look for many seasons. Who has he switched from and to?

I accept that Sammy playing CHB for us is 95% fantasy and 5% reality. Have to hope that he misses his family and that money talks. Donā€™t know why anyone would leave GWS given how good they look and are likely to look for many seasons. Who has he switched from and to?
He was with the Colin Young mob but shifted ā€¦. Canā€™t put my finger on the new guys

He was with the Colin Young mob but shifted ā€¦. Canā€™t put my finger on the new guys
Colin Young has relocated to Melbourne so not that shocking given heā€™s in NSW for at least another two years. Any idea how your salary cap is looking in 2026? Zero media reporting on his intentions past 2025 although weā€™re still a long way out.

Isnt it Young and Freo who have had some rough and tough player negotiations over the years?

To the point of bad blood existing between them?

Not the management company to use if you want to have the two WA clubs bidding possibly.

Isnt it Young and Freo who have had some rough and tough player negotiations over the years?

To the point of bad blood existing between them?

Not the management company to use if you want to have the two WA clubs bidding possibly.
Bad blood is an understatementā€¦ great for us.

Okay here is my way too involved take on our squad and its projection over the rest of the decade.

I tried to only include players that I think are either now b23 or we are quietly confident will be best 23. I keep on taking Waterman out, then putting him back in, then taking him out. Doing the same with Petruccelle too... At the moment Petch is in and Snake is out. Sorry Snake!

Also, this doesn't account for any trade in or trade out of players. Most players I am removing from the list after they turn 33.

1710116782179.png

This is what I think the 2026 best 23 will look like....

1710116818535.png

And this is the 2028 team....

1710116853130.png

Of the two I think the 2028 team is the strongest, however, I would hope the Eagles are targetting OOC KPPs to bring in.

Crazily far off in that 2028 gane. Missing atleast 12 players to add to that best 22 if we wanna make finals or well compete. My 2028 sure fire starters would be

FB: ??? Barass Hough
HB: Duggan ??? ???
C: ??? Reid ???
HF: Brockman, ???. ???
FF: Long, Allen, ???
R: ???, Ginbey, ???
I/C: ??? ??? Hall Hewett

Im being generous with Hall and Hewett id say. Cant see Flynns body holding up. Bailey Williams is touch and go as is Maric to also be added but not confident

Does anyone else have nightmares about what occurs in 3 years time

Retirement: Yeo, TB, Gov, and Kelly

It's euphoria for this year and possible next . But it's a very big nightmare after 3.

At least north had LDU but we don't even have an LDU to Sheppard the next generation mids

It's euphoria for this year and possible next . But it's a very big nightmare after 3.

At least north had LDU but we don't even have an LDU to Sheppard the next generation mids

Three drafts.

Three trade periods.

Three free agency periods.

Three years development of current players.

And a mountain of cap space.

Feel the Harley factor will help attract talent as well.

Hopefully its:

Yeo out 2027 Warner in 2026.

Gov out 2026 Busslinger in 2024.

Kelly out 2028 round 1 pick 2024 starts to peak.

TB out 2028 Bazzo, Jamieson or a draftee comes in. Ben Miller UFA in 2024 would be nice.

Warner is coming.

*hopefully.

We will still have Sheed, so all good :handok:

For real though I do hope we chase a servicable midfielder probably at the end of next year who can fill a leadership role for 2-3 years.
Imo we only need 1 very good KPD, then a couple of average guys to take the 2nd/3rd talls, along with at least 1 good intercept player. If Buss can be our very good KPD, then the rest will sort itself out I reckon.
If you look at Carltons backline they have 1 elite KPD(weitering), Mcgovern floating around as a decent but not elite interceptor/3rd tall, then a bunch of decent role players. Theyve got their elite midfield and forward line, I think we could be somewhat similar in that regard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back