Game Day Eagles v Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't worry about those guys. They're just warming up so they can melt properly in the game-day thread later today when it's close. A proper meltdown requires good mental preparation, and there's no effort spared in these parts.

I was just asking a question if we win how much it would take to be first on the ladder now geelong s**t the bed

I don’t think this game is a given or going to be easy by any stretch

yeah carlton supporters called for him to cut it, his hair has been short for over a year now

Should do something about Setterfield while you’re at it
images

Shave those sideburns

Pumped. Carlton fans are up and about. If we play 4 quarters like last week, probably same result, these new coach teams play freer and more attacking but also more susceptible to turnovers. Time for a reality check, lets go west coast, playing for top 2!!!

Thread needs more game day arrogance. We are in finals mode playing Carlton. We win this by 40 plus.
I'm not underestimating the Blues neither have I discounted the possibility we could lose this but this team is now playing well, they have flicked the switch and they are a far better team than the Blues.

Thread needs more game day arrogance. We are in finals mode playing Carlton. We win this by 40 plus.
I'm not underestimating the Blues neither have I discounted the possibility we could lose this but this team is now playing well, they have flicked the switch and they are a far better team than the Blues.

I agree with this. With Carlton missing Jones (who I very much rate) and their first ruck, they are now significantly weaker at both our main weakness (ruck) and our main strength with kpf.

In perfect conditions, with percentage likely to be a factor this year, we should be unrelenting today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton's debutant got me looking into the relative experience of the two sides. It's as lopsided as you'd expect as the Blues only have 5 guys with more than 100 games experience. We have 12.

I'll stop putting pressure on us now :moustache:

We should be a two goal better team per quarter. Eagles by eight goals. Could be close at half time, but good teams put average teams to the sword innthe 3rd and 4tdh.
My exact reasoning as well. Up by 3-4 goals at the half.
Then engage flat track mode.
Kennedy and Darling 12 goals between them.

Hiya Eagles.
Was gonna say best of luck except today, cos I have tipped you for premiers again. I enjoy watching your team play. Admittedly reading a few of the last posts I was a bit put off...not real wins...thrash us by 35 goals etc. o_O ok ...love your confidence!:D
I'm not expecting a win from us but am hoping for a great contest. Will always love Josh Kennedy.
Cheers.
Hello and welcome to the eagles board.

Just to explain, there was talk of the margin required to overtake geelong, and the answer is about 35 goals.

No one here has tipped us to win by more than 20 points, in fact the majority myself included are quite nervous about today's game.

I'll be going to the game with some blue bagger mates, so I hope its a good contest today.

EDIT: ok someone thinks we'll win by 8 goals

Last edited:
Hope we come out breathing fire. Carlton are no slouches over the last 4 weeks and we have to play good footy not just lucky footy...

Can't let Cripps get off the chain, he's s monster if he gets going. Yeo will run with him, but I'd prefer a hard tag from Nelson

Hello and welcome to the eagles board.

Just to explain, there was talk of the margin required to overtake geelong, and the answer is about 35 goals.

No one here has tipped us to win by more than 20 points, in fact the majority myself included are quite nervous about today's game.

I'll be going to the game with some blue bagger mates, so I hope its a good contest today.

EDIT: ok someone thinks we'll win by 8 goals
See ya there. I'll be the blue horse.:cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back