Coasters7

Premiership Player
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
Equal top of the ladder with:

Geelong: North (60/40 only because Cats at home), Brisbane (win-win), Carlton (win)

Brisbane: Gold Coast (win), Geelong (win-win), Richmond (win-win)

Plus we also get to play Richmond ourselves. The fixtures are definitely in our favour, % is nice but it really shouldn’t end up mattering.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forward Press

Premium Platinum
Jul 5, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Man Utd
Percentage is HUGE. I have very bad memories of 2007. We have to be ruthless at this time of year.
I still get Vietnam flashbacks about Scott Lucas but that was 12 years ago and only one of the players then are playing now.

I wouldn't worry about it (and I know Simmo and the rest aren't worried about it) until the last round. Just do what you can to win and manage the squad in the run in to what really matters - winning finals.

EagleJack42

Team Captain
Jul 1, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Roger Federer
And what happens if we lose to Richmond at the MCG?

Then percentage could very well be the difference between 2nd and 4th.
As Ep has already pointed out. Geelongs % is unreachable and Brisbane have GC so we we're never going to catch either anyway. We earn top or 2nd by winning games and right now we're doing that.

Candiru

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Stoked with the win.

Come on here and read the most petulant sooking ever.

Remember when we were "flat track bullies"? We put teams to the sword back then and how did that work out for us? No harm in taking the foot off when the games over. Win our last 3 and top 2 is ours regardless
How is it sooking to point out that we didn't put them away and in fact got outscored in the last quarter?

Where do we finish if we drop one on the road to Richmond?

Candiru

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
As Ep has already pointed out. Geelongs % is unreachable and Brisbane have GC so we we're never going to catch either anyway. We earn top or 2nd by winning games and right now we're doing that.
We'd be every chance of staying ahead of Brisbane on percentage if we actually put teams away.

Yes Brisbane play GC. But who are their other two games against?

Priddis Is Done

Premiership Player
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
I still get Vietnam flashbacks about Scott Lucas but that was 12 years ago and only one of the players then are playing now.

I wouldn't worry about it (and I know Simmo and the rest aren't worried about it) until the last round. Just do what you can to win and manage the squad in the run in to what really matters - winning finals.
Ah ha ha Vietnam flashbacks

EagleJack42

Team Captain
Jul 1, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Roger Federer
Regardless of the ladder, I'd back our boys in to take out a young Brisbane side in finals pressure at the Gabba in week 1 if we need to anyway.

Benji85

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
We've always known we have to rely on Brisbane to drop a game (and us to win everything from here). Brisbane winning or losing to Geelong is perfect both ways because we'll go second (so long as we win). Brisbane probably won't be Richmond either so we could even go to first.

Seems pretty crazy to have to rely on it, but that's the way the year has gone for pretty much everyone

Top Bottom